Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: irritatingly unrealistic

irritatingly unrealistic

With my job ,and my son being in my current location i have tryed to be as optomistic and positiveas as i can. Im 48 years old this month ,single, and looking like i will be for lifetime. With the death of my space, i used the location and area to find and start conversation with gg`s here in wester colorado, some would talk (type) some would not, some would or could understand some of my (our) plight, others would not even try. out of all of the friendings and trying to just talking with gg`s in my area and months to years .i worked at it. I came away with two girls that tryed to date me and maybe three pen pals that just could not see me as a guy but loved to talk on line, all of this is just background fluff,

My irritation is there are just so few gg`s with open minds and loving harts ,in my rural area my aspect of ever finding one, drop ever year i get older. My son is in his early teens , i need to be here 6 to 10yrs more for him. Moving my job and prospects of finding a job drop evey yr if i could move.

I may find one or two gg frinds here in town that know, i my find love again (maybe) but as for erica she may just stay in the closet and have a online existance .

Its just irritatingly unrealistic (i hate getting smarter and older)
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Erica - it may feel irritatingly unrealistic, but you never know, weirder things happen.

You seem to me as a genuinely caring person - that will come across and ring bells with the right GG, you just have be prepared to both continue searching and be patient for that person to appear...

And yes - smarter and older - there's something in that. What we all do if we could it again and we know what we know now...

Worse things could happen - keep being positive and optimistic - you have to...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

im trying to be positive, im just so frustrated , i did not think it would ever be eazy, lol just feeling old today cant take on the world like when i was a kid lol
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

The real skill is to just be yourself regardless of presentation Erica.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Erica,
    You have your son that must be a plus, I am optimistic girls will come into your life, even in Grand Junction.
    Yes I do know where it is.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Erica,

Unscientific analysis at best here, but trying to find the right person online can be difficult insofar that I suspect few people as a percentage of the population, look for contact, love or whatever in this way. I suppose that compounds the problem for you, with the US being so large geographically, how to meet people without being online? A big conundrum.

I understand the frustration (for reasons I will not go into) but I suppose the GGs of any age and experience will have been through some form of relationship breakdown in their past and maybe are just looking for an uncomplicated scenario initially. However, it does seem that life conspires to kick us in the soft parts when we least need it.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Platinum Member
    My basic advice to others like us is get to know the person and let them get to know you....and be patient about it. No one should rush into a relationship, even if they have the unfounded fear that there won't be another chance. Let the relationship mature slowly, always putting your sons needs first. And if the bonds between you and the woman feel strong enough, then have the conversation. If you tell too early, she may miss the chance to know you as a whole person and focus on just the one thing. Save that till she knows and is clearly interested in a longer term relationship.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Im not trying to bring others down(sorry if i do) , i think its like 1 (fully excepting) gg to every 1000 of us, and 1 (kind of excepting 20/80%) to like 200 of us but like over 25yr of age it all starts to get harder and the odds longer all of this is around people, large citys , take gj its po-dunk nothing here, nice place but not full of open minded single ladys its like bashing your head against wall looking for soft spots (just might not be in the wall)

Just woke up buming ,frustrated , sorry to vent on the forum , there is no fix , just keep on looking for that soft spot lol
    Last edited by erica12b; 01-25-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Platinum Member
    Don't look. Let them come to you. There something to be said for acting like you're confident,,even if you're not.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What do you do? To try an meet gg in your area?

I have had the unfortunate (or fortunate?) situation of moving from place to place on a few occasions, including new friends, jobs, everything! I always tried to get into a couple of groups such as local bicycling clubs that ride a couple nights a week, and joined a bowling league (mixed gender of course!). So if there are interests like this you may have, then that is a start. Another is if Grand Junction or close by has a college that you could take a couple of random courses... just a way to be more social and less isolated in your situation? Maybe even do something with your son, and get the double bonus!

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I do know better than to try to hand out advice. I do...
    But it's sooooo so tempting at times.

I've lasted 25 years with my wife. Just fine and as Great as
    it will get. Hard times and good times, we've stuck together.

The important thing was that there wasn't any pressure
    from either one of us pressing for a relationship. We were
    just friends that came together through a common interest
    in crafts type work.

She came over unexpectedly one day when I was dressed up
    and there was no time to undo being dressed up. So I had
    no choice but let her in and take whatever came.

Being as there was no real relationship...(commitment), there
    wasn't much chance of her being put off and scared away.
    I was embarrassingly humorous about the whole thing and
    it became a lot of fun that day.

We got so we played dress up together when she came over
    regularly. Our personal fun together came to bond us closer
    I guess.

In time...not a terribly long time...we just grew closer and became
    more than just friends.

In my life there have always been a girl here & there who tried
    to be friends with me. When either of us pushed for something
    more than just friends, it usually went badly. Or, I had ideas
    of finding someone 'better' and often overlooked what was right
    in front of me.

If you can find a friend...a Real friend...and let it go naturally,
    no pushing for commitment....then there's a chance it can
    work similar to how it did with me.

I never had to hide or feel guilty or deceitful. I know how i
    am and won't change long if I have to for any given person...
    (i was married for 3 years before to someone who wasn't going
    to tolerate even thinking of anything CD related. Doomed from
    the start if i can never be 'me' again)

It's tough when one is dying for love, but if you can get an
    honest "friend"....it has a better chance IMHO.

Being oneself is the hard part. Not putting on a show to gain
    love/respect/etc. Just be your natural real self. If she goes,
    another friend will come along sooner or later.

Lots of girls are interested in guys who'd never believe it.
    They just like to take things really-really slowly sometimes.

I accidentally shared something deeply personal, so she trusted
    me as much as i trusted her. 25 years later....all is Great!

Again, sorry for offering "advice"...but if you find anything
    even remotely useful, it'll have been worth it.

Wish you the best...
    ♥ Kate

I have quite a few years lead on you, and after 38 years with my ex, I kind of enjoy the alone. Don't get me wrong, I would really like having someone around to talk with and just be good companions. But, I'm not searching. Fast approaching the senior, senior time of my life, finances are a prime consideration. I don't do bar scenes or any possible social venues. I am forced to have a part-time job. and the days I am not working, are filled with doctors and support groups, (gender and non- smoking type stuff).

If does get frustrating, but every day gets better than than previous. So I keep looking for the next day and am always pleasantly surprised and rewarded as a result.

This is not a lot of help, but these are my thoughts after digesting your post.

Bobbi

Thank you all, i my try to find a group thing here (not much to choose from ) ,i have not been able to for the past 3 yr was working 2 jobs , my greates fear is meeting a gg hitting it off then finding she would not except anything about erica, then do i try and hide her so my male self has a companion (did that with my ex- not fun)

Any one good with facebook ? Can i find local single there?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Find a trans support group and get to know people, that in turn will put you in contact with people more likely be accepting of you.
    I met a few nice GG's at our meetings and have come away with some solid accepting GG friends.
    Let confidence in who you are shine thru and don't be pushy or needy.Act like if you go out fine and if you don't thats fine too.
    Trying too hard sometimes works against you.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r very lucky, Erica. On the dating sites, there r a zillion pretty women in their prime looking for men your age! Most r divorced and may have a kid at home. And, many r much more realistic as they look for a man the second time around!

As far as finding one that will accept u and Erica? No advice on that one! But, keep trying. Eventually, u could find just the rite woman!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Have not done a dating site yet (holding out tell the end-its the guy in me) i did find that there is a trans group but there is not very much about there meetings or other info , i just heard about it one or two months ago, but have no other info (dont know where to look to be honest)

Im oldenuf to know not to be needy or to hopeful just take it as it comes , i do get frustrated some times thou ,so frusteted , sayla vee

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Although I have been out of the dating game since Johnson was president I have been surrounded by younger relatives and co-workers and have learned something. Three of my nephews ( in their late 30's) all found their spouses on line. Supposedly 50% of all future relationships will have started on-line within the next few years according to a news item I just read today. May not be a bad way to get to know someone and even drop the bomb. I don't know. I have actually met a few women at CD events who just love the scene. They are out there. Maybe you need to be more active in CD activities where these GG's might be. Good luck. Finding a caring, accepting GG who actually wants to be involved with a guy's dressing is the Holy Grail of CD relationships and not to many of us have that. I'll say a prayer for a successful search,

Thank you,

Holy grail , it is that , i have alwasys found it funny and frustrating that there are a lot of cd sites to meet girls ,but they are just cd 2 cd ,no gg `s

Ok you girls have me thinking overly hard here, how do i find out if any sisters are around me from this site the advanced search is mor for topic than location

My thinking is they might be in the trans group here in town , if any of you dont know there ar two citys in my area of the world denver and salt lake both are like 5hr away and major passes to get over with not very much along the way , (armpit of the states)
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-27-2014 at 12:44 AM. Reason: merged posts. Please use the edit button .

For whatever it's worth...little actually...

I try to give a tiny clue that I'm a bit...er...unusual...
    to anyone paying any attention to me. Some people
    like 'oddballs'. I do!

If I act like a big tough guy and that's the initial impression
    someone begins with, then it throws them off if I ever
    do anything that's not 'tough'. So I used to wear a little
    odd strip of leather around my wrist that wasn't quite
    'girly', but clearly wasn't all that 'manly'. When anyone
    asked, and anyone interested in me nearly always did...
    i just told them I like weird things.

It helps to let someone know right off that I'm not all
    that 'regular' of a guy to begin with. Weird T-shirts, ponytails
    with pink elastic, strange little barely noticeable jewelry
    things.

I'm mostly interested in others who also like the unusual,
    so any tiny little clue that lets them know that I'm one of
    them has always helped a bit.

It'd take a Special open minded woman to ever handle my
    quirks, so it worked out for me. She knew right off that I
    ...um..."wasn't right"

I'll shut up now....
    Kate

Lol i do some things like that to ,

i did find a group (here- in town)that excepts me but they are into a heaver sexer fetish lifestyle my crossdressing is mild if you know what i mean.theggs are looking for more thrills than i can give .

Yep, that's the sort of thing I do avoid. Leads nowhere.

Hobby groups, though...they usually have a passion. Learn to
    sew...you'll be surrounded by women. Especially if you can
    fix their machines.

Banned Read only
    Deceitful?

I posted on several dating sites with two profiles, one stating I was a cd and the other not. it was interesting, i got replies from women my age that could care less. That way I did not blow my cover to the local crowd if they would see my picture.

is this deceitful or not....I stopped because it did not sit right. by the way, I never contacted any of the women.

After reconsideration, i think it is fair...no one gets hurt, you can be your normal self and when you tell the person if they like you, you will know they are TG friendly.

Thoughts?

Vanny

Go with the CD profile. If it took a little longer to find someone
    who accepted that...isn't that the ideal thing?

--assuming you want a girl who likes CD gals?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    You should come out here for a visit, Erica. I'd be happy to have you at our Second Friday crossdressing meetup, and then over to the Black Crown afterward where there are always plenty of us to socialize with. Sadly, I don't know much of what the scene is like out on the Western Slope...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016