Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does the desire to cross dress wax and wane for any other members?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    wax on......wax off.....

Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything.

The desire to dress has always fluctuated for me. Often it will build and build in anticipation of getting to take a new step or get some new item. Then once I've done it i'll be over it for a few weeks. Until I start to think of the next thing :P
    It's almost like I need to get my fix and then that satisfies me for a while. Other times when I have been unable to for a while or am really busy, it'll come and go without me doing anything. I always wondered if it could have been hormonal as if often seemed cyclical. It's my special version of that time of the month :P

For me esp the desire goes away when I meet a new woman. I imagine for me its because my CDing may be more fetish. Unfortunately its been almost 5 years since I've had a date. :'(

the desire to cross dress hasn't left me since I was 11 years old,i actually get very depressed when I can't and hate summers because can't keep legs shaved and my wife doesn't work in the summer,so chances to be stephannie are rare and is so frustrating

I have noticed references to CD'ing being calming for many of us. It certainly is for me and that must play a role in these swings of desire.

Everyday I am less and less interested in all this. I dunno...it used to be fun escapism but now seems so boring. Not worth the effort. I wanna be where all the Real action is. Mainstream business where everything moves fast. Icy cool fat stacks of big money opportunity, business. science, accomplishment, discovery and innovation. Coast to coast world wide ADVENTURE!

It does wax and wane...which is why storage is a necessity. Don't purge when it wanes because it will come back just like the tide - sometimes like a typhoon (at least for me). I've had desires to dress disappear for years on end only to come rushing back with no identifiable trigger - but I welcome each cycle as part of my natural person, regardless of which way I am cycling. Enjoy your time regardless of whether the desire to dress is there or not. :-)

Yes, Gendermutt, many times. I get moments I just do not want to bother, and times when that is all I want to do. I also found that if I stay away from my clothes for a while it makes it fun to try them on again. Last thing I will do is purge anything. That usually results in spending 3 time more than the last time.

did not realize many pages on this thread. my bad....

It comes and goes. For me it is always a morning ritual. Not often I dress up after work but lately, that is the first thing I want to do when I come home.
    Last edited by Erica Anne; 01-31-2014 at 01:29 PM. Reason: responded to older reply, oops

Yes, I also feel the same. I believe it has to do with what is going on in my life. I'm not able to share this part of myself with my wife which also plays a part. However today is a great day as I get some time alone and can dress and it feels really good!!

Always there to a point, but it does wax and wane as you put it. Every month I do have a "period" where the pink fog is quite intense.

I'll sometimes go a week or so with no urge to dress, but it seems to always return. Not sure why.

Ironically, I was just thinking about this. Yes, the desire does come and go. It has been very strong the last few months but today is somewhat reduced, which got me thinking.
    I am sure a lot is my own GID, and subject to stress levels from other areas in my life, but even when it goes away I now know it is not really ever gone, just relaxed or sleeping for whatever reason.
    This year, though, I am pushing myself to explore it all more, to see where it leads.
    Day by day.
    Sometimes, when I am not "driven" to dress but do anyway, I learn more about myself than when I am.

I think that I am waxed squared; I do not seem to have a wane.

t definetely comes and goes mainly from fear and guilt in the past. But this year I admited it to my wife so now I take it one day at a time. Some days are boxer brief kind of days...and others are satin silk and nylon days and I don't let myself feel guilty anymore.

I would say that I am at most 80 20 in either direction. usually closer to the center..... so my urges to be either are never gone. There have been times when those urges to be feminine have come at bad times.... but I am never without both genders in me at some level.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

wow! thanks for all the insightful posts, gals. very helpful indeed!

maybe this isn't a "double life" after all!!!

For some it is a double life and that is best for them. For others such as myself, it is more of a blended life with society and other issues which impede the blended life.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Sometimes it does wax and wane for me, but the down times seldom last more than a day, if even that long. After one of these periods, it feels really good to get back to "normal."

Spunky Princess
    It doesn't for me. Although I'm not unhappy being a boy, my opportunities to dress up are very few and far between, so I'm always wishing I could be a girl. But maybe that will change once I move into my own apartment and can dress up for days at a time.

Wax? Have never done it? Does it feel good? Is it easy or hard?
    Sorry, just my little lol for the day, couldn't resist...

As per the question... the idea of clothing not having gender has become so normalized in my mind/life that it never 'wanes' for me so far as what I wear. It never occurs to me which of my underwear draws I am pulling my daily unmentionables from and so far as "traditionally considered male clothing" all I really have for pants in jeans or dressier types of pants which I don't find to comfy so as soon as I am home I pull out some pj bottoms, yogo pant, or whatever all of which were bought in the "woman's section".

However, the desire to go further than that certainly waxes and wanes. Mostly in accordance with how much free time I have or how much energy I have. This is for things like shaving my legs, or shaving at all which I admit I sometimes don't do for days.

It definitely does for me. I can go for months without the urge and then all of a sudden, I am knee deep in pantyhose and shopping for makeup.

I'm sure this is a normal thing. Most days when I get home from work I'll get changed and put on some makeup because I look better when I do. Some days I just can't be bothered, rough day at work, etc. I'm sure everyone goes through this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I was about to make the same post. I haven't dress for 7 years and haven't had any desire for about 2 weeks. We'll see how things go on.

I'm currently going through this myself.. I still buy the odd thing but can't be bothered wearing it.
    I've got a weeks growth on my face and can't be bothered shaving either.... So, other than looking like a circus freak, I choose not to dress.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.