Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you spent more on CD clothes than your male clothes?

Yes I spent way more on cd things.
    Angie

Gold Member
    I think any of us that start to reach a sizeable quantity of female clothing will have spent more on their femme wardrobe. It is probably quite common for the male clothing to be a standard set that gets worn over and over while our female clothing probably has a lot of variety for style and appropriateness. And that isn't even thinking about shoes. I mostly dress en femme outside of work but I probably passed spending more on female clothes while being a "weekend warrior".

Oh yes, I have spent quite a bit more on my female wardrobe than my male clothes. Winter time I wear mostly sweatshirts and jeans to work. summer time T-shirts and jeans. I also have some dress clothes. My female wardrobe takes up 2 closets.

Silver Member
    Yes. I buy male clothes because I have to. I buy female clothes because I love to.

In my lifetime of dressing and the dress/purge cycle, I can honestly say that I have bought more female clothes than male, and probably more than most GGs buy for themselves
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

In the last 3 months...........a big YES! Trying to build up some of the foundation pieces and the footwear........cha ching.

I would guess the ratio is probably around 10:1 toward the girl's side of the closet.

- Diane

Yes more on women's clothes than male

It's hard to spend a lot of money on men's clothes, there's only so much variety out there, even shoes. I rarely find myself "inspired" by anything I see in the men's section, all feels like retreads. Maybe that's eventually true of women's clothes, but I haven't been doing that nearly as long. I'm so bad I built a walk-in closet just for Kate in our spare bedroom and I probably have a bigger wardrobe than my wife at this point, though in a strange twist of fate, I married a sporty woman who could give a crap about most of the trappings of womanhood. Guests in the spare room think my wife is quite a clothes horse though.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I've spent more on high heels than anything else.

Crossdresser
    I can't stand shopping for male clothes. In the last year I probably went shopping once for something male, and that was jackets. So yes, I have spent way more on womens clothes in the last year than I have for males clothes in the last several years.

Yes, way, way more on female than male clothes. I've no idea what the ratio would be but I think it would be chastening to calculate. I also have a bigger wardrobe of female clothes than my wife which is even more embarrassing but then I enjoy shopping a lot more than she does.
    Love Veronica

You can view my photos on

www.flickr.com/photos/evahopeful

Guilty as hell LOL
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

I'm new at this... but I can see it happening!

Other than a couple of pairs of shoes, I haven't bought any male attire for a very long time, at least six years. I walk the soles off of them. For me it is the standard suit and tie at work. So yes, way more.

Probably 50/50. Maybe 60/40 female. I try not to think about it... If you factor in makeup 70/30 female.

Over the past 15 years, yes, much more on female clothes than male. But now I'm starting to reverse the trend. Women are attracted to, as ZZ Top said, a sharp dressed man. Add in an expensive car, nice apartment, dancing skills, being relatively bright, kind, complimentary, and nice to them, and you're good to go. Then you have to figure out if and when you tell her about that 800 lb gorilla in the back of the closet, wearing the tutu......... Oh, and it does feel nice when the gals compliment MY suits as well.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I know in the last few years, I've spent way more on my fem cloths than my male clothes. All I can recall bying for my male self, is a couple T shirts, and two pair of jeans last year. This year I'm keeping track of what cloths I buy, and how much I'm spending.
    So far, $51 fem, $0 male.

Erica Ann
    I do! It seems that I am always buying fem clothes, and I can't remember buying anything other than a pair of mens jeans in the past 6 months! Of course, my wife has a lot to do with it too - she is always seeing something in the store or online and saying "you would look great in that! Let's get it!" Though I'm not exactly sure she is doing it because she want's me to have something nice, or to provide her with something she can borrow, or (and most probably) to mask the fact that she picked up two other things for herself at the same time - no worries either way, it's more for me in the long run!! Being the same size is like christmas all year round!

Absolutely, can't be bothered to shop for male clothes at all, my wife takes me by the ear kicking and screaming to buy new stuff. Then when she says she is going to go and look at dresses etc ... I happily tag along and pick up a few items for myself as well, she always makes fun of me when I do this. I told her to change society's opinion of men in women's clothing and we could save some $$$ on buying stupid men's clothing

Just like a real GG can never have enough,so the answer is yes. Plus it's more fun too !

Absolutely!!
    The last thing I bought that was male was a jacket at WalMart for about $15.
    I've spent way more in the last 10 years since I came out to my wife on my clothes than his....and darn glad!!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I haven't done that, I do it regularly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Male clothes bore me, I mean there OK, a guys got to dress right, but lady wear, choices, colors, textures, flared skirts, tight skirts, Capri's, leggings, Minni's and maxis, just so much to choose from, so much more fun. Besides, Levis and T-shirts are cheap compared to all the things it takes to feel like a woman. And jeans look the dame day in and day out, but a lady has to have a different look every time she dresses, so it takes more stuff.
    Maybe 90% to 10% female to male. But then I am a shopaholic when it comes to my gender Diaspora.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Yes...... I tend not to invest in my DRABS. Definitely in my FABS