Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What brought you to this forum?

I found this site on Google. The minute I saw it, I knew it was for me.

Cool thread. Like most, I found this site on Google. That was almost five years ago. I've enjoyed reading everyone's experiences and stories. I haven't been very active but always lurk around. I'm actually at a point in my life where I can crossdress more now and will be more active on the site--maybe even posting some more pics! I know that participation drives boards like this, and I've felt kind of bad about my lack of input to this great site.

I had belonged to other forums long ago. Some were great, others were a bit in the wrong direction.
    I want a place to discuss my feelings. Express my femininity. And of course talk about what to wear.

what brought me here, I am sure it was not BING. Perhaps Google
    Last edited by Erica Anne; 01-28-2014 at 12:47 AM. Reason: needed to reply to question properly

I was searching for makeup tip and this fourm came up so i started reading some of the post and then i joined
    Mistyjo

Bluebeard sent me.

I had only tried using makeup to fully cover up my male features a few times and it was a pretty miserable failure. Usually it's just a little lipstick and move along so I don't make myself look silly. Last week, I was searching some makeup tips and found myself here. In the past week, I've found answers to so many questions I've had all my life. I've shed several tears of happiness since finding this place and pulled off a pretty smashing makeup job last night.

I wanted to see if I could learn more about CDing and seeing what experiences people had. I found this place on google.

My wife was finally able to convince me I was indeed a crossdresser and went search online for answers and or support.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Without mentioning any names...

I have been a member of a number of TG forums in England, but they seemed to fall into either sleazy sites, with lots of explicit pictures (which I am not interested in), or places that degenerated into childish members filling up the forum with stupid comments

Because of this, and the fact that I am a serious T*girl who is transitioning, I looked a bit further on the internet, hoping to find somewhere where I could get proper help, advice and friendship, and I ended up here
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Don't remember exactly how I got started here. Probably just looking for the closet key. I found it here and the rest is history.
    I guess Lynn said it for me.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

sissy2_amberlee sissy2_amberlee's Avatar
    Katey,

The purges, oh yes, I keep them in fine old casks, like fine wine, and remember them with fondness, trying to escape from Amberlee, like the time I ripped off my dress and angrily wrapped up the whole mess and tossed them in the nearest dumpster, only to return a mere hour later to retrieve them and they were gone! Some bum must have thought it was a stash, I wonder still how he looked in my pageboy! Then there was the time I conducted a burial up in the Cascades, on business coming back from Newport on the Oregon coast, put the dirt carefully over my favorite panty and bra, the whole full monty, in a shallow grave shoes and all and went on my way, FREE AT LAST!! LOL. Of course, she disagreed and demanded her panties and bra, and I went scurrying to obey her wishes.
    (No, I'm not crazy, just a little weird, you see).

Banned Read only
    Partial curiosity and boredom from previous forums. I always knew about this site from lurking every once in a while. Google.

A desire to find like minded people. So far, so good

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferpl View Post
    My wife was finally able to convince me I was indeed a crossdresser and went search online for answers and or support.
    hmmmm....you weren't convinced but she was? Just how did this happen, if you don't mind telling?

I guess, for me, it was lonliness. I felt so guilty and alone and I just needed a bit of validation and friendship and understanding. I still haven't totally come to terms with my "need". But, I do feel a bit comforted by being here. I'm not sure where it will all end up with me. Sometimes I dream of just meeting another crossdresser and making a life change and forming a partnership. Other times, I just slap myself into "reality" and say... "I'm married, things are ok, but not perfect (no sex) and maybe it's too much for me to handle". Who the heck knows! We all have our dilemmas and we all just seem to feel our way along as we go.

Don’t really remember how I ended up finding this site. Google I suppose.

The reason I came here was to find answers to my questions, learn more about CDing, answer countless “how to” questions I had, and more importantly, to find out more about myself. I came here in an attempt to learn more about why I am this way (I now know this is irrelevant), to figure out what I am (Transgender, half way between a here and there), figure out what I can do about this (accept it and embrace it), learn to live with myself (can’t quite get over the guilt and shame), and learn from others who feel what I feel. I came here looking for answers, and though I still have important unresolved questions, this site and the wonderful people that are generally here have helped a lot.

For me it was google. I was searching the urge to dress and take further then i ever have was over whelming and i guess i was looking for answers. In the past i could always control my urges and underdressing was enough, but over the past few years the urge to be fully dressed, and more feminie was becoming more and more. I was confussed and needed reassurances that i wasnt a freak. I am so glad i found this place it is like a second home to me.

Banned Read only
    My introduction to computers was with a government agency. I never surfed the web on the government computer for cross dressing. I'm sure the filter would have blocked access based on its perimeters. And, I would wanted to have a meeting with management to explain repetitive attempts to access off limits sites. When we got our first home computer and Internet access I 'Googled" cross dressing and plodded through tooooooo many sites that would cause further damage to one's interest in wearing women's clothing. I found this one and lurked for a couple of years and thought "What the heck! I'm retired! Nobody's going to know since I always used Mozilla Firefox." Ultimately, I figured I'd join and put my two cents in. I also decided and increasing so, to put my two cents in based on my longevity on this planet to offer some advice.

What bought me here was a PC and the internet. In my younger days you were by yourself you didn't tell anyone you like to dress up. The internet search on CD bought up many sites I pick this one.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

GG/SO of a CD
    What brought me here is that my SO told me that he was a CDer. lol. In reality I had no idea what that meant. I actually joined two forums for wives of CDers before this. Which I shall not name being its against the rules, but you should trust me, you don't want your wives or SO's finding those ones instead of this one. :/ Anyhoo. After those forums I was discouraged. And then I found this one. And look at me now. Lol.

The hope to find like minded people

The girl I was dating actually found this site doing research after I told her. Thanks to those of you who answered her questions.

This was a crossdressing forum and I cross dress.....it made sense

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    I need an entourage... No. It's much simpler than that... friends!
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Searching on Google advice for what I perceived at the time as a problem with me, I found the site which showed me I wasn't alone, it isn't a problem and that I am not weird. It has given me the opportunity to finally share my secret in a friendly and understanding environment

x

Looking for like minded people and info and luckily this was my first port of call.x
    " I saw a crossdresser on the moon the other day"