Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What brought you to this forum?

What brought you to this forum?

What made you decide to become a member on this forum? Here's my story.

Last year, I was suffering a long series of nervous breakdowns over gender. I was extremely depressed, I hated being male, wanted to die and be reincarnated as a girl. I had also done some research on transgender people. I read a lot of articles, forum posts, and even saw youtube videos on transgender people and MTF TS transitions.

At that time I was very much waivering whether I was a CD or a TS (or even possibly something else). I just wasn't sure. I related to most everything I read on being transgender (and specifically transsexual) on the internet. I related to most of what I had seen in videos about transgender people (and specifically transitioning MTS transsexuals), and their childhood and adult pre-transition TS feelings.

I still wasn't sure. I thought even though I identify with all the TS feelings, maybe I'm just a cross-dresser. By this point, it was August, and I had just fired the psychic whom is number 1 on my resentment list, and for her mistreatment of me and failing to see that I had any GD issues. I started doing Google searches on "crossdresser vs transsexual". A number of links came up all coming from one place, crossdressers.com. I found at least four old CD vs TS threads.

Come September, I decided to become a member here and that I should post my own CD vs. TS thread. I got a lot of responses very quickly. Some telling me I was a TS, some telling me I was a CD, but most telling me that I should see a therapist. I was unemployed at the time, and I could not afford to see a therapist (or so I thought - I found out the other night that the therapists in L.A. work on a sliding scale). I was also terrified of the thought of trusting a therapist given my experience with the psychic. I know what you're thinking of most or all psychics being con artists, but the fact is I had trusted her to help me and she failed me.

I started posting on the CD forums and eventually I bought a new wig and got a makeup lesson. I also started PMing some of you about my gender issues and the psychic, and by the start of 2014 I felt comfortable posting on the TS forum (and also posting about the psychic). On Friday night, I went to my first transgender support group, and I hope to finally start seeing a therapist soon. I will keep you posted with my journey and everything that happens along the way.

So, to everyone else here, and I mean everyone, regardless of your gender identity. What propelled you to join this forum? Was it a cross-dressing issue you didn't understand? Fashion advice? Makeup? Wanting to learn more about gender dysphoria? Contemplating transition? Your SO is a cross-dresser? Acceptance of being a CD? Unsure if you're CD or TS? Or it could be a million things I haven't thought of in this paragraph? Please share your stories.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    my story is simple.......google...LOL..I just stumpled on it through research....i joined though to make friends
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 01-26-2014 at 09:46 PM.

I initially came here seeking information to help me enhance my presentation. Makeup, clothes and deportment. I was pretty successful in finding that kind of information. Met a lot of really cool people while I was at it.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I had just started dressing, actually dressed with a complete stranger for the first time, liked what I saw when there was a woman looking back at me in the mirror, joined urnotalone.com (also recommended as a decent site with an in house chat feature) and someone recommended this site. I came here looked at a few posts and I think I signed up that first time. As you can see by my post total I must really like it here. My reason besides the recommendation is that I had just started dressing completely from zero in 2006 at a young over 55 and didn't know anything about crossdressing nor crossdressers. I didn't know what I was, didn't care nor worry about it then and fortunately still feel the same now. I came here to see what it was all about and I have, and then some!

Gold Member
    I searched for another forum when the one I was reading was shutdown. It was quite an upgrade actually. The rest is history....

I wanted to find a message board where TG/CD people had discussions and maybe find somebody to hang out with in real life.

So I went to Google and came across this site. I barely say anything here but I like the place.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    My main reason joining was to meet CD's in my local area.
    But also for advice and support.
    I've only been a member here for a few days and have already learned so much and gained much support.

I think I was on the same forum as Sue. It closed down because it was based on the EU and certain laws about internet disclosure changed. It was recommended to come here and I did. As was said, the rest is history...
    Last edited by S. Lisa Smith; 01-26-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Yes Google for me also. Joined to see what was offered here for a crossdresser like me.
    Very surprised at all the other sub-forums. Quite the range. And glad that there is.
    How my story compared to others & learning about those that do not identify as CD.

Banned Read only
    Google of course dear!

Also a need to make changes and to reach out and to...

You get what I am talking about. And a place to air out the girls (wink).

Vanny

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I came here via a site I stumbled onto called mycdlife -via Flickr...(i think)

I tried a few groups/sites but some were primarily dating...(dropped out of those
    very quickly)...or had bunches of guys in the mix...(not interested) Or other
    reasons.

What I *Really* wanted to find was an active discussion board, so I'm
    still a little stunned at how Perfect this one is. I DO love pictures, but I
    Love being able to converse with others like me more than anything.

I'm just in awe at how Super Nice...Accepting...and Friendly you all are.
    I was very scared up til about 3 months ago to ever join Any group.
    But I'm So Happy to have found this one.

ALL you girls are Stars as far as I'm concerned, and I'm Thrilled to be
    in your company.

♥♥ Kate ♥♥

Google (duh)
    the information found here explained some questions i was having with my and helped me come out some

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I belong to several different forums, but this one I prefer to be active on.

Michelle: there is no reason to fear or distrust a therapist or psychologist. Especially because of a psychic. A psychic is not a medical professional, nor is there an aspect of what a psychic supposedly does, that would be any benefit to you. Whereas a therapist or psychologist can diagnose you, and take away that guessing game you are going through. Which will end some of that emotional drain you are presently enduring because you just aren't sure what you are or what you want. I suspect that psychic only made that inner turmoil worse...

Much Like you Michelle, I was searching for answers to my gender identity. I searched for all the info I could find. Not knowing what was going on in my head. Could I be on the path to becoming TS? or am I CD? Never could visit a therapist, thats what the motorcycle is for. Anyway came across the forum, joined immediately, and the motorcycle has been parked a lot more often.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

Mine was a bit of a technical quest...
    I'd underessed for a while, looked into CDing aspect more heh.. I was starting with the Halloween maid outfit.
    In digging up info on another site (maybe was Janet's closet forum..) someone referred over to the infamous tucking thread here and I found this place way more informative, busy, and with a lot more info about others who was experiencing what I also was experiencing. A month after (was making sure my own interest wasn't just a passing fad) I registered and Kacey was now born.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Banned Read only
    I joined this site for a simple reason - I was just a cross dresser and wanted to look more like a woman. Be careful what you ask for I guess...

Why this forum, why not

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Much Like you Michelle, I was searching for answers to my gender identity. I searched for all the info I could find. Not knowing what was going on in my head. Could I be on the path to becoming TS? or am I CD? Never could visit a therapist, thats what the motorcycle is for. Anyway came across the forum, joined immediately, and the motorcycle has been parked a lot more often.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Much like Hell on Heels and Michelle, Who I share some similarities with but as I can only speak for myself, I have always known that I am bisexual however, I am gender confused when it comes to men, not because I am submissive, rather because I generally feel like a woman when it that role. So I guess in the end I am here to learn how to be better woman.

P.S, I've been told that I over share.

I Googled, surfed a lot of different forums, mostly full of bull$#!t, came across this one and found out how non judgmental the others were, how "clean" the forum was (no perverse or gross sexual crap etc.) then joined. the rest is just ...history!
    I was only looking for somewhere to help me better understand myself....Thanks to everyone here for the last 7 great years!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Don't remember exactly how I got started here. Probably just looking for the closet key. I found it here and the rest is history.

I had googled something and found an archived thread from here, so I decided it was time to join a forum and discuss what I have going on. After my cardiac incident, I feel I should be sharing more of myself with others. This seemed like a good place to start.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Don't remember how I found this wonderful forum, but I had been searching for a site like this where our community could "meet" and not be perturbed by "admirers" trawling for sex. I was a member for over two years before I even dared to post!

When I first got on the internet, I googled 'crossdresser' and found this forum. It's nice to know I wasn't the only one with a fem clothing habbit.

I used google. I needed clarity on definitions. Found a few other sites but this one is certainly the most friendly, informative and non judgemental. Hope to know you all better on here.

Similar to KaceyR, I found this site while I was researching my interest in crossdressing. I too wasn't sure whether it was real and permanent. I guess it is; I better make the best of it.

As others have said and I discovered, there are a lot of sites with some pretty gross things going on, things that may be right for someone else, not MsVal. This site has the right balance of maturity with just a touch of cheekiness. The moderators here do a great job and deserve a big ol' pat-on-the-back for their work. They keep things well focused and quite to MsVal's liking.

I lurked in the shadows for just a little while, reading all that time would allow, before making my first post. There will be more. Thank you all for the collective advice and wisdom.

I stumbled into it,liked what I saw and stayed. Was so surprised so many with the same experiences as myself.