Thread: A little morbid but a necessary conversation

Erica Ann

A little morbid but a necessary conversation

Just a bit of background: I am only out to my wife, and further I underdress exclusively. Well, this past weekend my wife and I sat down to do our annual review of our wills, legal powers of attorney, life insurance etc. Well, as you can guess the conversation was extremely serious. so it took me as a bit of a surprise when my wife asked me, in all seriousness, if I wanted to be buried wearing panties. After the initial shock of the question and a discussion of the implications (specifically around the kids finding out and possibly questioning), I said 'Yes I do'. What was more interesting, in afterthought, was that the conversation simply moved on to the next topic on our list without any joking, laughter or anything that would otherwise demean the conversation.

I guess I don't need any more proof that my wife has accepted me for who I am.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just panties and yes you have a great wife.

Completely dressed.

It is nice to have acceptance even finding out in a little unusual way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I think a great many of us that are out to a Loved one would do well to have an end of life conversation if we aren't completely out, and wed still worry about family discovering. I knew I was thankful when my GF asked me about a burn box when I had my surgery.

"cpmpletely dressed'..................AMEN! message too short so ..... AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!
    Last edited by Bootsiegalore; 01-27-2014 at 05:02 PM.

I never thought of it, but, I think I would like that as well. Of course, this means, eventually, someone will have to learn of my feminine side. Well, everyday comes a new day!

Cassie

You both are, of course, assuming that the mortician will even bother with underwear!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    A few weeks ago I spoke to my sister about burial wishes. I asked her the favour of ensuring that I was not given a religious service. I said that it would be just too big of a lie for the way I lived my life. And I said that the other big lie would be if my service / obit does not mention my female side, that both names should appear. I did not discuss clothing for the service, but we both talked about where we want our ashes scattered.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    I know the funeral home that my family has used, does not... so not all morticians put underwear on the body. Maybe a special request they might? I don't know

I have thought about this from time to time.
    My wife accepts me just fine and in my appreciation of her I would never place her in the position of having to give a funeral director a pair of panties asking they be put on me by the last person to ever see me naked.

I don't know if funeral providers dress anybody from the waist down but if I get buried in any underwear, it will be panties because I don't have anything else
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

My wife and I had this discussion. At first I said fully dressed in my black skirt suit with bra, panties, thigh highs and heels. Then reality set in and I realized I wouldn't be there to enjoy it. So I guess throw me in a box dressed however. No sense making things awkward for her or any of my family.

That's pretty awesome she threw that out on the table for you! I feel lucky when I get a hug from my wife.

When my day comes, they'll toss me in the furnace and my wife will be scrambling to find every trace of naughty evidence in the house that needs to be burned.