Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relaxing, A Knock On The Door...

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar

Relaxing, A Knock On The Door...

... and you're crossdressed... what's your reaction? Do you open the door and see who it is? Do you quietly hope they'll go away? Just what do you do?

I'm curious 'cause it happens a lot to me. I'm not "out" publicly, and the consequences could be disastrous were I to open the door to an unknowing co-worker. My employment is in a decidedly "macho" occupation, and I daren't risk the possibility of discovery.

So I'm off work today, and there's a knock on my door. Kind of a "special" knock; "shave and a haircut, two bits". Sure enough, my next door neighbor. He calls my name, and I ask, "Ray"? Yep, it's him. So I unlock the door, and he hands me the package UPS had attempted to deliver yesterday evening. At that time, I didn't answer the door, 'cause I didn't know who it was.

So, I was crossdressed then, as I am today. He's seen me before like this, and isn't phased at all. We exchanged pleasantries, and I thanked him for delivering the parcel. So it was just a neighbor doing his neighbor a favor.

Do you have a method by which to screen your visitors before answering the door? Do you zealously guard your privacy, or do you have an "open door" policy?

Particularly of interest to those of us commonly referred to as "closeted", yet all responses are encouraged...

Banned Read only
    Being an in-home closeted cross dresser and wanting to keep it that way, I ignore the knock. I have ample time for my fem side. My wife is still working while I am retired. With her there are no surprises. She calls if she needs a ride home. The livingroom window is the only window facing the street. I leave the drapes closed while en femme.

Time to install that peep hole in the door.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I do have a peep hole in my front door but I've always wanted to answer the door enfem as long as I can see it's just a basic delivery. Maybe someday

Gone to live my life
    Hi Rebecca,

I don't normally dress complete en femme unless I am going out as Isha. If I am dressed and someone is at the door, I will give a cursory look and then decide. I do have one neighbour who knows about Isha and the others are so far away (I live rural) that it is unlikely it would be them. Most times it is a delivery person and I will answer the door en femme if I am dressed already.

Hugs

Isha

i always see who it is, then make a decision, i have yet to answer the door enfem, but i have ignored it several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Being an in-home closeted cross dresser and wanting to keep it that way, I ignore the knock. I have ample time for my fem side. My wife is still working while I am retired. With her there are no surprises. She calls if she needs a ride home. The livingroom window is the only window facing the street. I leave the drapes closed while en femme.
    I used to be paranoid about going near a window as well when "dressed" - especially partially dressed - for fear that someone might be passing by, looking in, and potentially spotting me wearing all my finery. I now realize that in the daytime (and without any inside lights on), the reflectivity of most window panes is such that - unless the person has their nose pressed tightly up against the window - all they're likely see is their reflection looking back at them. This is especially true if one has sheer curtains covering the windows.

Of course, come night-time - and with the inside lights on - it's a whole different story, and one might as well be standing in one of Macy's store windows along with the other mannequins...

That has happened to me many times. Usually on Sunday afternoon. If I am in just a skirt and top or just a bra, it never happens. Only after spending time getting dressed in my frillies, painted nails, some makeup and enchanted with perfume is when it occurs. I did come out of the closet for a few friends as well as my sister where I used to live. Now, living in the mid south east, not sure what the reaction would be, sure enough there is always someone who knows someone you work with. I generally do not answer the door even unless I am expecting a delivery. Most of the time it is someone trying to sell vacuum cleaner or expecting me to adopt their religion. The dog usually scares them off.

Most of the time I leave the blinds closed. Sometimes I will let the sun in during the day. At night, turn on an outside light, makes it harder to look in. Give it a try.

Platinum Member
    No I pretty much answere the door as I am these days.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I usually do not answer the door.
    I stay upstairs.

Shelly

Before I got married I would answer the door all the time dress. I use to work in the yard in the summer dress in shorts and halter top with my old wig on. So all the neighbors knew.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Gold Member
    If I hear someone at the door, then I look around as I must be in the wrong house.

Let's see. I guess Pizza and UPS are the majority of the knocks I do get and I answer as I want both. I go there dressed so it shouldn't change how I answer the door. Don't really ever have a reason for coworkers to come by. Work and non-work don't ever connect for me. And I am only 6 houses down from the church, so no missionaries. That one could be interesting.

Except for panties, bra and forms, my outer wear is usually pretty androgenous when I dress at home. One of my upstairs neighbors knows I dress and had seen me on occasion. The other one just moved in several months ago with her daughter and hasn't seen my dressed yet. I operate a small tool sharpening shop from my garage and customers will come to drop off or pick up items from me. That means I could have someone at my door almost any time. If I hear a knock, or someone rings the bell, I simply remove my forms and wig before I answer the door. So far I've been able to pull off my identity switch successfully.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Banned Read only
    If you are not open about your crossdressing, I can understand your reluctance to open up when someone comes a knockin'. I enjoy the looks if the person is a stranger, and anyone I know would expect me to answer dressed anyway.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My neighbors have seen me both ways and its a non event I just answer the door.

I answer the door because if they are knocking then i dont know them because anyone that knows me just comes in when i am home and knows there is a 95% chance i am dressed as Mistyjo
    Mistyjo

I would look out to see who it was before I'd open the door.
    For the delivery guy, yes I'd open it...for a neighbor...uh uh.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I zealously guard my privacy.
    Having you house broken into gives you a heightened awareness of security.
    I have a couple of cameras and a recorder that operate 24/7 and can see what is happening with the wild life in my back yard at night.
    If you had cameras monitoring your back yard you probably would not go out there after dark....

Let alone down the street and around the block while dressed.
    Yep! that is a valid caution to all you newbies, go out in broad daylight first....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

They can just keep knocking. After all a girl can't be too careful these days,can she ?

If I'm home alone and femme, I'm probably also sitting in my office (either for fun or for work). I have security cameras outside the house, so a quick glance at the security system computer and I know who it is at the door (I usually know someone is coming to the door before they even get there) - then it's either answer it OR ignore it, depending on who is at the door. Family, friends, coworkers, etc and it's an ignore - they'll assume I'm working or on a conference call or not home (my truck in the driveway doesn't mean I'm home, especially in the summer when it's riding season up here). Delivery people, mail delivery person, door to door salespersons - I'll just answer the door, I don't know them and don't care what they see or think.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

I've had it happen when at a hotel. I try to time when they clean the room with when I'm dressing...doesn't always work. So on those days, I don't need my room serviced

I don't answer the door for anyone while dressed. The UPS guy just leaves the package at the side door now usually on my pickup. I can hear them drive up so usually will glance out a window and see who it is. I also during the winter have some very heavy drapes over all the windows as this house is very old and I just use wood burning stoves for heat. My electricity bill is usually around $50. To $75.00. In the heat of the summer we always get a summer breeze out of the south west that will be cool till about noon so the windows are open then. The dogs bark when someone drives down the Lane so one can be warned. We also live out of town so not many neighbors. Most of my dressing is usually in the mornings after the chores. If under dressed I answer and visit if have on my lipstick n wig and forms I won't answer.

I dont mean to scare anyone, more to the point, would want you to be prepared.

I am a retired police officer, and a common mode of operation for many a thief is to ring the bell, if no one answers, go around the back and kick the door in. So, when you hear the knock and you don't answer, get your guns out and be prepared!

Oh yea..... and the police may find it interesting how you are dressed as you hold your suspects at gun point until they arrive.

Hmm. Good thought on thieves...
    Myself, I'm not as worried to who knows..(apartment complex)-neighbors are gonna know the more I go out anyways.
    Still, day before yesterday I was dozing on the couch in fem pjs...nothing else.
    Knock on door-was one of the maint guys doing some snow plow warnings for our lot.
    I'd switched on my jeans and stepped out and talked. No big thing..saw him briefly glance down once or twice..
    Afterwards it dawned on me I was barefoot with nicely painted toes

Otherwise I rarely get much knocking.
    Depending on timing the rare UPS guy might get a shock..he deserves it tho. Half the time he drops it at office instead of here...(who knows...he might make sure to try deliveries here more..heh )
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I never answer the door, just hide and say silent I don't like to answer the door even when I'm not dressed, I just have a hard time saying no to girlscout cookies, save the animals, etc...