Thread: The New Me

Banned Read only

Wink The New Me

You know ladies and gents, I was mistaken. Yep I was. Matter if fact I do believe that some could say I was flat out wrong. Half of you would love to say that I'm sure but I am also hoping that you and your entire group of tea swilling biddies trip over your poodle leashes and trip into a vat of reality (just kidding). No one knows what reality means, at least outside if my world. Kinda scary if I ponder too long but....

I have been approaching this CD THING totally in the wrong manner. What a fool I am. To think I really need to do anything but walmart clothes and costume factory wigs is simply outrageous. Utter nonsense. No one and I asked them while I was dressed in pasties and support hose, could tell that my rappunsal wig was not real hair. And I asked at least twenty people. Nope, they all said it looked real to them and I paid fifteen dollars for it after Halloween.

That is not my point however.

My point is why do any of this. We don't need to. I was planning on loosing weight, working out and hopefully fitting into a size twelve again. But why bother
    If elastic started to snap around this place it could set off a chain reaction of pants falling and girdles busting that would cause bodily injury and road rash across the world. Why bother. Why go to this extent to make ourselves look beautiful? Why bother to pose with size fff forms on and a 26 inch waist if such risks exist. Not the bodily injury but the bad result.

I am not scared of what I see after all the money I have spent. And compared to some of you, I think you stuff your mattresses with all the stuff you have because there a not enough closet space in a castle to keep all your things!

None-the-less, why do this? Why go to the extreme of looking for hours, buying and shopping and harrumphing and repeating this all again and again? I mean, my ankles look like sausage, gravity is pushing down in some places and up in others and as far as I can tell is defying most laws of gravity. And my look, altgough every year gets better, I never get there. Nope.

2014 is the year of photoshop. I will be giving myself a makeover and will update my pictures shortly. I know that they may not be the quality of some others photoshopping here or that of their 89 year old parents.

But I am excited I have come to the realization than I don't need to get my bloomers in a bunch or forms in a knot over this CD THING ANYMORE.

Whew! I can finally fit into size six shoes and a eight dress.
    But get in front of me at the shoe sale rack and touch my shoes. Look out

What a beautious way to start the day. Full of puss. Vinegar a new software program and no need to diet. Let alone trying to comb over these hairs that I have so they wrap all around my head. No more. Yep. No more.

I may be able to lay down my antler hat and or raccoon cap of this all goes to plan.

Off now to take on the challenges and escape the kingdoms of elastic and support garments that have entrapped this community for years. Cast it aside for better ways. Newer ways.

Yep that is a plan for today and tomorrow. Now let the haters hate and the Vanny's be great.

Vanny
    Last edited by Vanessa Rose; 02-01-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Vanny,

As with everyone here who shares a goal, I wish you success and satisfaction not just because it is the polite thing to do, but because I really would like everyone in our gang of sisters here - whichever little chip, or chips of the CD mosaic we occupy or flit between - to be happy and have a successful outcome on their journey, wherever that takes them.

Whether that includes Walmart or Karen Millen, Halloween hair or Rihanna's locks - it's not really where you end up - it's the journey that matters. And the experience you have on that journey, for you and those you share it with, is the most important of all.

So you go, girl - do what you have to do!

If it's alright with you, I'll go back to my cup of Darjeeling now.. ('coz only us Brits drink tea, don't we..? )

And I thought the new Vanny was going to be something about concise posts... Oh well....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only

Wink

Katey...you know the truth girl..

That is my next, next, next new girl that I will be... ta ta...

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    You'll need to quote and reference from the CDer's 'Rule Book 2014', before I can take your comments seriously about doing things wrong Vanny.

For the shoe size thing, I'd need a whole metatarsal removed from each foot and the ends of my toes cut off to be able to fit a UK size 8. As far as I'm aware, I'm the only Sasquatch in the UK. The word 'Bloomers' always reminds me of the type of underwear worn by my Nan's generation, but hope mine aren't in too much of a knot either.

As to Katie's Darjeeling.....yuk, I'm a PG girl.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    I would like to loose some weight both to benefit my boy self and my girl self. I would like to loose some facial hair also. But in the end we are who we are. We have to be happy inside. I am glad you have a strategy toward that end for 2014. It's great to have a course to steer. Later we can do a course correction as long as we have some fuel left.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Vanessa,
    Just be bold and go out and find yourself,
    You are out there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.