Thread: Do you dress up or down in male mode ?

Banned Read only

Do you dress up or down in male mode ?

For my business I always wore a collar and tie and for weddings a suit. I didn't mind wearing a tie you could put a subtle message over, if I didn't like a client I had one with small pigs on it. I use to buy one as a memento of the places I'd visited, I found one with dragons on that came from China Town in Vancouver. A guy asked me while I was photographing a wedding if I'd been to Venice because he knew there was only one shop that sold the tie I was wearing.
    So now my business has finished I'm the scruffiest one in the street ( according to the wife!) and what do I do with all my ties ? Any suggestions what outfits to put them with ?

Gone to live my life
    HI Teresa,

80 percent of my guy time is spent in combat fatigues for work so I guess I look a bit scruffy. The other 20 percent is jeans and boots as it is more practical around the house.

Hugs

Isha

Definitively down as a male - and I'm definitely tipping that way as Katey too...

I believe ties are still very popular in Japan - and as they do have a bit of an odd bent for all things fetishy.. (is that a word? It is now...) - perhaps you could snap some shots of yourself in something less formal as Teresa, with a tie artfully knotted around... oh, your thigh, or your neck, or an ankle..

Put them on eBay Japan "Pre-worn, crossdressers fetish ties - unlaundered." - You'll make a mint as the Yen roll in....

20% is my cut if it works...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Let me put it this way...in the winter I wear jean's, a t-shirt and a gray sweatshirt...always. Looks like I am wearing the same clothes every day for 6 months. I have 6 gray sweatshirt...no more, no less. During the warmer months just remove the sweatshirt. My idea of dressing up is a pair of black jeans and a polo shirt.
    Drumming, My other hobby

My 'guy' time is spent only wearing T shirts. The ones with something on them are my casual shirts, and the plain ones are for formal ocasions.
    My wife asks what's wrong, if she comes home from work and I'm not in a dress or skirt.

I normally dress as a man, and when I do it is jeans and a t-shirt.

I spent enough time in the business world so that wearing a suit and tie became second nature, so it's easy enough to fall back into that behavior. I also learned that when you show up for a first 'meet' with a woman you've met online, being in a nice suit seems to impress them, so, why not? In an era when pretty much every guy is dressing down into either khaki's or jeans with a t shirt, the ladies seem to find those of us who dress well a refreshing change of pace, and oh yeah, they respond by dressing 'up' a bit as well.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Always dressed down. Shorts and t shirt almost always. I had jeans on last week and someone remarked they'd never seen me wearing long pants before. If they only knew about Kristy.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    No ideas at all on what to do with a stack of unused ties, to be honest. I've got a load upstairs doing nothing right now, so I'll keep watch for useful ideas. My first thought is to bin all but a few.

I'm in IT, so it all depends on the kind of company I work for, as to whether a tie is worn or not. Currently, I work for a well known utility company in the UK, but no ties required by such lowly types as myself. I have worn suits for the last umpteen years but have gone down to just a shirt and trousers look now.

I can be a Peacock in Bob mode (nights out etc) but I love colours when dressed as the old Peahen, Rebecca.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

These days I dress down.
    It would put a communication barrier between me and the students if I did anything else.

Maybe I should say the students and I.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I over dress, if everyone is in slacks, I'll be the one with a tie on, if everyone has a tie, I'll be in a suit, male or female, I like to dress.
    I've always worked in a company uniform, so the only time I get to wear something nice, is on the weekends when going somewhere.
    At home I can be a real slob though, I've given up jeans for sweatpants, looks horrible, but oh so comfortable.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

GG/SO of a CD
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    ladies seem to find those of us who dress well a refreshing change of pace, and oh yeah, they respond by dressing 'up' a bit as well.
    Yes. Yes we do.

Luca dresses up in male mode all the time. It is awesome. Care for your appearance in both modes is endearing.

My sweet wife spiffs me up whether I am en femme or en drab. She insists I improve my shabby male wardrobe and shops with me for guy clothes as well as girl clothes. on the girl side, she saves me from the Mrs Doubtfire look, or does her best to. On the ugh side she relegates to the workshops all those trousers with frayed cuffs, ink-stained shorts, and beat-up shoes.

Well for work I wear a lot of blue... I can usually get by with a Dept. polo, A t-shirt if I washing trucks or training, but if I'm in the public eye for any length of time I have to put on a button up with a badge and all my other shiny stuff:/ Robin is usually found in a pair of jeans and boots with a cute top!

The more pockets, the better for me, in cargo pants, a work shirts with two pockets, but also wear sweatshirts over turtlenecks in this cold. I have about four sportcoats, and like bolo old men's ties, but have several neck ties and a bow tie. I don't have a white shirt, and wear colored shirts when i dress up in a sportcoar and slacks. If you have a long neck tie, and it's color doesn't clash, one can make a wrap tie belt for a dress!

I go in phases. Most of my life I've been a 'dress up' guy. I enjoy having well-matched and trendy shirts+ties at work, even though my office doesn't technically require a tie. I wear a few steel/silver rings, a nice watch, etc. I like a lot of finer mens' shoes, but don't allow myself to spend as much as I'd like. Guy friends at work joke 'lol, got a job interview?'. The women at work respond well.

Then I go through months where I don't think about fashion at all, and drive my old outfits into the ground. Then I get 'fired up' again and redo half my man wardrobe. It cycles like that.
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

Dress down. But these days I'm very rarely in male mode.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    If i had to dress male mode....I'd be down. Lucky for me I don't
    know where my only pair of men's jeans are...so I'm up.

oh-no....i'm stuck here with only girls clothes! ♥