Thread: It happened to me

Talking It happened to me

I am an older cross dresser. I first dressed when I was 7 years old until I was about 12 then withheld this activity until late in my life. That was a severe mistake. The misunderstanding of my feminine desires, social pressures, sex drive, having a family, children, etc, and my not realizing just who I was, were my reasons. My feminine side kept returning. Research allowed me the understanding required. I now know why I feel the way I do, and learned to enjoy the outcome. My dressing has become my enjoyment giving me fulfillment.

My male closet has become so much smaller and less interesting than my female closet. Most of my feminine clothing is from my thinking “I like this, I like that, oh that looks appealing” but up till now not something that I just had to acquire. My male clothing is just something to cover my body, and has no value to my senses.

I have found a wonderful wig salon with a mother and daughter combination that presents a soft and friendly way of accepting my position as a cross dresser. I have an appointment to pick up a new wig. In the past I have always shown up in my male clothing even though I discuss my dressing openly. Suddenly it became my desire to show up dressed. Then it happened. Yes it really happened in a big way. I have nothing to wear. Where have I heard that before? Not from me. In the past what ever male clothes I wore was just boring.

Suddenly it has happened to me. It is paramount that I show up dressed in a good selection of female apparel, something appealing, and something special. This has never happened to me before. The thrill of choosing, the excitement of shopping, the coordinating the presentation, colors are now important, the materials and look of the clothes must match. I now need to consider what shoes go with this dress and which with that dress, which wig should I choose, which lipstick, what jewelry, and on and on. So much to consider, so much fun it is, and how exciting. What seemed to be such a simple task has now become complex, of course complex in a positive way. The rewards are evident, fun, exciting, with a fulfillment that satisfies my own needs. As I venture through this experience I feel more like a girl each moment.

Thank you for reading through this ranting of mine. I hope you have experienced this type of excitement. If not try it you will enjoy the feeling. Possibly this is something we could help each other with.

I felt good when I read your post. I hope something similar will happen to me.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Juliet,

Ah the fun of dressing and finding what works . . . welcome . . . you have arrived.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Not a rant Julie.... It's called having a blast and feeling good about you!!

Thanks for sharing

Vanny

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julietalyse View Post
    The thrill of choosing, the excitement of shopping, the coordinating the presentation, colors are now important, the materials and look of the clothes must match. I now need to consider what shoes go with this dress and which with that dress, which wig should I choose, which lipstick, what jewelry, and on and on. So much to consider, so much fun it is, and how exciting.

You and me are going to be good friends

Juliet - that is great fun!

Even for those of us not able to indulge our passion full time, the thoughts are always there in the back of our minds.

You have the opportunity to really max out now - it must be intoxicating... I envy you the feeling but sincerely hope that you both enjoy it, and also share that enjoyment with us, the not so fortunate ones...

What a great post!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

The salon I frequent, TOLD me to come in dressed next time.
    They needed a better image to work on other than my drab self.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Juliet - Thanks for sharing your excitement and pleasure. I am happy for you. Keep up your enthusiasm.

Banned Read only
    I'm an in-home cross dresser. My "boy" clothes are not boring which I attribute to my "hidden" desire to flash a little style and color. Before I retired I worked in a professional office for thirty plus years.

I always used my femme time to appear as stylish and pretty, inside and outside. I only wear dresses and heels with all the proper undergarments. If the time ever comes when I feel I can venture out to a wig salon for a fitting, I certainly would make myself as attractive as possible. I'm sure the mother and daughter owners of the shop would appreciate seeing you. And, you would be setting a good example for cross dressers in your neighborhood. Showing up all the time en homme may not give the correct impression as to how elegant and sophisticated you are. Heck, mother and daughter probably have numerous male clients.