Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dressing up as a child

Yes, I remember being dressed as a girl, up until I was 4 years old. Once I turned 7. I started dressing on my own in my mom's clothes.

i started cros dressiing at about 8 yrs old, mothers clothes (intimates), haven't any a clues why, but have cross-dressing since

Smile

The first time I wore feminine clothes I was ten. When alone at home I put into a nightgown of my mother. I don`t remember exactly, but I believe I progressed in a few weeks to panties, bra, pantyhose, skirt and blouse.
    What I do remember is that I wanted to do it since I was at least five or six, but the courage and the occasion took some years to come.

I dressed the first time at 7 years old, my friend I were lucky enough to be chosen to play Cinderella's ugly sisters in the second grade production of Cinderella. Type casting?? Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Aspiring girly girl sweetvictoria's Avatar
    I remember dressing at a very early age, probably about 7. I never went out, just in secret in my mom's clothes.

As a child I had quite limited opportunity. As a preteen/teen I had plenty. I have several opportunities while home alone to prance around the house dressed however I liked. Also, living in a small town with lots of secluded wilderness areas and beaches nearby gave me the chance to go outside dressed and still be very private. I miss those opportunities today. Swimming in a bathingsuit was the absolute best.

Even though I always felt like a girl/woman I never dressed on my own volition. As a young child I was given my older sisters hand me down panties and T-shirts to wear. At three and a half I was baptized in a very frilly dress. I don't remember that but a few years ago I was shown the pictures. Between about age eight and twelve my mother used me as a dress model for dresses she was making for a girl cousin. I know I had the full gear on at least three times. She made a lot of dresses and always had me take my pants off when she was adjusting the hem. One time when I had every thing on she had me wear the dress for a good portion of the morning and afternoon. We had lunch together and even watched some TV for awhile. My aunt forced me to dress in my cousins dress and undies when I got my boy clothes dirty while playing out on her farm. I was very humiliated by that incident and received much ridicule for a long time to come. I didn't like any of those 'dressing sessions.' In fifth grade I wore a girl's dress costume. Over the next few months I was urged by my girl classmates to try the dress on with various pieces of female underwear. Finally they urged me to try on modern day women's clothes. Once I did there was no turning back. To this day I believe I could've given up CDing with never thinking about it again had I not dressed in modern day female clothes.

My first experience was at about 12,did not think about it, just put on my mothers panties ,girdle and bra ,and a dress ,then started walking around the house ,until she noticed me and immediately told me to take them off . At the time I did not think about what I was doing but I loved the way it felt. That was 45 years ago and I still love to put on foundation garments along with other articles of female clothing.

When I was 9 years old I remember sneaking into my mother's closet to try on a fur cape that she had. It had been the object of my fascination for months and I loved touching the soft fur and running my hands along the silky lining of the coat. One day, when I was all alone in the house, I tried it on after ditching my boy clothes and underpants. When I looked in the mirror I was mesmerized by the image of me standing there with this very feminine article of clothing. It wasn't so much the outfit that captivated me, but it was the feminine persona that seemed to emerge. I remember thinking to myself that I really wanted to live the life of a girl. How unfair it was that I was forced to wear all this tacky male apparel. The rest, as they say, is history.

Hugs
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

It was only when I entered my teens that I became intrigued with what girls were wearing - especially their transition from socks to nylon stockings (long before tights appeared). I had no sisters or close female relatives and all the local schools were single-sex, so my girl observation opportunities were limited to those I saw on my way to and from school plus a few girl neighbours. I knew very little about girls' clothes but wondered what it was like to wear a skirt and stockings. I found a grey, pleated skirt in my mother's wardrobe and a pair of stockings (rather a coarse mesh) that I don't think she ever wore, in a drawer. I tried them but without anything to hold up the stockings the experience was a little disappointing.

I didn't really know what girls my age wore to hold up their nylons but it so happened that a friend gave my mother a girdle that was too tight for the friend. It was also too tight for my mother (she would leave it stretched over the back of a dining chair to try to loosen it) and so I seized the opportunity to try that girdle. It was not at all tight on me but tight enough to allow me to experience the feeling of suspenders and stockings under a skirt. From that day onward I watched the girls around me with even greater fascination, knowing just a little of what it might feel like to wear their clothes. As I got a little older I learned from girlfriends about bras, slips, suspender belts and roll-ons and I so envied them but it took many years of only very occasional opportunities to try on women's clothes before I finally managed to buy my own things.

Aspiring Member
    I was 8 yrs. old and put on my sisters clothes one afternoon when no one else was around. I remember pulling her dress over my head, it was a flower print and I had the darnedest time trying to figure out how to button up the back, looking in the door mirror and thinking this so completely wonderful. I found her shoes and slipped into them and then just stood there thinking, " this isn't fair, girls get to wear all the neat clothes." . From then on I was hooked, and would take any opportunity to try on my sisters clothes, which then lead to trying on my moms things and it's been one heck of a life from there... Know what I mean??? I still think girls get the better end of the deal as far as fashion goes.....

I have a pic of me in a dress at age 2 or 3. A boy in my second grade class wore a dress at halloween and I was so jealous. I used towels as skirts when I was older. I saw my mother in a bra and girdle when I was 12 0r so and just had to try them on. When I did I was hooked. For a while we were the same size so when my parents were out I would dress completly. Girdle, bra, stockings, dress. Never stopped !!

I first started dressing when I was pretty young. Maybe 8 or 9. I dressed as much as I could, always very careful to put everything back exactly like I found it. Of course, I didn't have a wig, and had no idea how to apply makeup properly, but I tried to be as girly as possible. I have no idea if my mother ever suspected that I had visited her closet and dresser. I have to think she probably did, though she never said anything, and I never got caught in the act.
    Tess

Can I just be a girl already?! Please!

Not my mother but my aunt she found me with her daughters panties on and ask if I like that and when I finally said yes she dressed me in little frilly dresses, this went on for 5 or 6 years, I went from panties to bras to slips and everything in between and I loved every second of it and to this day I remember her and what she did for me with no regads(SP)

Junior Member Kristina_nolagirl's Avatar
    New Orleans and San Francisco a few times a year. Also travel the US.
    I'm blessed in the fact that I grew up in New Orleans. Most people think they only throw beads from floats during Mardi Gras but that is not the case. They throw all kinds of crap....including panties! So I was able to have my own stash of panties from a very young age.

As far as dressing fully, that only happened one magical time when I was 4-5 I guess. My sister puffed up my hair, put makeup on me and made a dress out of a big t-shirt. Ahhhh fond memories!
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinanolagirl/

Better get busy living, or you get busy dying.

Silver Member
    Never dressed as a child. Never thought of it, either.

Never had anyone's approval, but started dressing in my Mom's clothes in the third grade! I was lucky in that both my folks worked and I was a 'latchkey kid'...didn't bother me much, I guess , since I am still dressing every chance I get!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scarletcd View Post
    Since most of my friends were girls in school it used to happen quite a lot. I would pretend I didn't want to but like everyone else we all loved to
    haha i did exactly the same lol... almost all of my friends were very very sexy girls that always wanted to try new stuff on me . i pretended i hated it but boy i liked it nails , bathing suits i found were good ways to swap clothes with girls
    Just in Love with being Jenna the hot mess !

Yes, a couple of times for Halloween (who didn't?).
    There was one incident when I was about 12 (best I can remember). Three of us boys decided to paint our faces like a clown. We got some red lipstick, went to a basement, and started. The first boy drew red circles on his cheeks. The next boy applied the lipstick to his lips, not clown-style, but as a woman would, and quite competently. I followed, and applied the red lipstick to my lips as the other had. Not a word was said. We cleaned up and went to our homes. It didn't occur to me at the time, but only several years later I wondered if I might have come across another boy who crossdressed. A missed opportunity to have a CDing buddy?

I remember nothing with respect to trans prior to my sixth grade. Up until the sixth grade I was pushed off into military schools. Other than my mother, my grandmother, and school house mothers, exposure to the feminine side was rare and mostly distant.

The summer before I started the sixth grade I moved into a three story house with my mother and a handful of young women renting apartments from my mother. School started and I had my first daily exposure to young females. What a different world this was. Women were beautiful, exciting, wonderful to be with, and their thoughts were so much like mine. I certainly noticed those girls at school and I found that I wanted to spend my time with them. I began to look at the girls clothing and wish I could wear clothes like that.

Maybe I could fix my hair like they do. In these days my poor mom was too busy with herself to pay attention to me, that left me to run like a loose animal wherever I happened to venture.

Many times, during the day but mostly evenings, I would set my hair, place a scarf over my head (in those day that was common), put on one of my mothers dresses or skirt and blouse, put on some lipstick, grab a pair of her shoes (what ever was available) and walk to the park, walk up and down the streets, and sometimes I would buy some candy. It was not too long before I was faced with true narrow minded harshness. Immediately my actions became stealth.

Now that I am older and researched my feelings, I dress with pleasure.

Strange how, often Aunts seem to appear in this thread.....
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I just find it a bit to kinky to dress up as a child.
    I prefer to dress up as an adult woman :-)
    Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation. ;-)

But on the more serious side, my first CD recollection is that when I was 7 and swapped jackets with a girl for days.
    (I also tried once when I was 5, but failed. I ended up ruining the Neighbor's coat hanger when trying to reach a coat or jacket I wanted to try)
    Fully dressed as girl/woman, happened first late in my teens.

/Bima

I was caught trying on my aunts girdle and stockings at 4 ,I remember sleeping next to my mother feeling totally content cuddling up to her nylon nightgown when I was very young, I then remember being put into girls side zip jeans at about 5/6 it changed me , from then on all I wanted was to wear frilly nylon knickers and nylon princess style dresses that were common in the early 60's .I then became interested in my mothers and older sisters underwear and clothes and developed a passion for all things nylon and feminine , by the time I was 10 years old I was spending many hours a day dressed in sheer tights and knickers and slips watching beautiful women on daytime soaps wishing I was a girl .

I started dressing when i was about 5. I started with my sisters clothing until I grew out of them, them into my moms stuff. I don;t know how or why but there was a wig that i got my hands on and a black sequence evening gown. It was way more than dressing. It felt very right. My sister and her friend did put makeup on me once and that was a very good feeling.

Gone to live my life
    I can't say I purposely dressed up as a girl when I was a child. I do remember liking my sister's and female cousin's pretty dresses far more than I liked my own boy clothes. However . . . when I was six, my older sister (nine) was having our female cousins and a few of her friends over for a slumber party. Being a typical bratty brother, I was bugging them so they decided to play dress-up at my expense. When they were finished I was wearing a cute yellow summer dress, lacy ankle socks, girl undies, Mary-Jane shoes, and my hair had yellow barrettes in it. Of course I screamed bloody murder but secretly I think I enjoyed it.

When I came out to my older sister a few months back she had a harder time than my younger sister processing. I remember her calling me one evening with the epiphany that it was her fault that I liked dressing as a woman because of that one day long ago. I told her I doubt very much that is the reason and besides . . . I remember liking it even then.

Hugs

Isha