Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Military Service

I wasted 6 years of my life in the british army that was to try to be the ma ma ma man I never was I did't dress in them days so it was't a problem my biggest problem was although I did't know it at the time you can't make a ma man out of a girl I just did not fit in Like I have tryed all my life to be like other men it never worked
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

Another Navy Vet

USNR form 1967 to 1976. In those days Naval Reservists were required to do a minimum of 2 years active duty. I did almost 4(by choice).

I was attached to the Flag Administrative Unit of CINCPAC/CINCPACFLT. Worked for Adm McCain(THe senators old man).

I only dressed when I came home on leave.

6 years USMC...Semper-Fi!!!! from 87-93

I joined to follow the family tradition, and don't regret it.

I did put Amanduh on the back burner for most of my service, but did have a couple of occasions to dress while on leave, or weekend pass.

Smile Not been In...

....any of the armed forces except the Air Cadets, I did have do dress as a female cadet to make up the numbers (male to female ratio was about 5:1) on our annual do, I protested but, secretly enjoyed it .

I have always considered going into the RAF Regiment and always will, should the time come to do my bit for Queen and Country then I would have no problems signing up.

I love playing at soldiers, and always have. I don't think I ever played with dolls when I was younger (If i was a girl I guess I'd have been and still would be a tomboy .

Hugs
    Amelia xxx

I was in the USN 63-65 served aboard the USS John S McCain DL3 home port Pearl Harbor.Spent 6mo in Trippler gen. hospital and 6mo in a medical hold co couldn't dress at all,at that time Veronica didn't have a name.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

I don't want to start a Flame War but from reading the posts on this thread I sense that there is a very different mindset between Brits and Americans on the topic of Military Service.

I was born in 1953, 8 years after WW2 and I am glad to say that the UK has not been threatened by War since. We had some Colonial conflicts as the British Empire was dismantled and of course the situation in Ulster since 1968, but my Country has not been under imminent threat of invasion, bombing from the skies etc by a foreign power since 1945, the implied menace of the Cold War disappearing with the Iron Curtain in 1990.

We abolished National Service in 1963 when I was 10 and the only people since who join our Armed Forces are those volunteers who genuinely wish to do so and make a career out of it. Some find it was not what they thought and leave as soon as they can, some are discharged as unsuitable, but the others stay the course. Our Armed Forces do not wish Conscription (The Draft) to be returned.

Thankfully I am now too old to be called-up unless perhaps there was some really dire National Emergency, when I suppose we would all have to do our bit, although with modern weapons and their means of delivery that might be a futile gesture in any event.

I could never envisage myself in any of the Armed Forces and feel I would have hated every moment and even taken steps to render myself unfit if the threat of Conscription or National Service had arisen.

I respect those who do feel that they have this mission in life but it's not my scene nor that of the majority of my friends and associates , particularly not with the lack of privacy and my being a CD. Am I correct that as a percentage of the population far fewer UK males would consider joining the Forces compared to their equivalents in the USA?

Of course we were very fortunate that our then Prime Minster, Harold Wilson, refused to take the UK into the Vietnam War so there was no call-up here at that time. Had there been and knowing the attitude of my contemporaries in the UK in the late 1960s I feel there would have been massive disobedience and Draft Dodging by British Youth.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Military Service

I served in the U.S. Army in the early 1970's. I was not a CD at that time.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Military Service

I retired from the US Navy in February 1990 with 21 years service I still work for the Navy as a civilian aircraft Mechanic overhauling fighter jet aircraft. I never dressed while on active duty but upon my retirement the desire to crossdress went from a from a pilot light to a full blown flame. I have my own ward room of clothes. I just took the pic for my avatar this morning.

All who responded to this thread might want to sign the book at http://www.geocities.com/tina_michel...h/ncoclub.html

This is a page maintained by Tina Michelle Smith, who has posted to alt.support.crossdressing. She calls it the "TG NCO Club", but it is open to petty officers and commissioned ones as well.
    Last edited by Butterfly Bill; 01-08-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks for posting the site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Unlucky
    Still in the Army right now, been in for almost 3 years. I do dress(I'm dressed right now) and even been out as "kelly" a couple of times.

Four years in the U. S. Air Farce for me. I was lucky enough to be able to keep a small stash of fem things but even then I didn't dress much. However, I did have one disaster. I was caught wearing pantyhose by the Security Police!!! I was drunk, I was arrested, taken to the hospital for examination and sentenced to see a shrink. That lasted about a year and a half. Of course it went on my permanent record and I believe it was mitigating factor when I tried to re-enlist. I was denied re-enlistment, supposedly, because I had an alcohol problem. Now I am a Disabled Vet and spend most of my time at home so I can dress as often as I want. Even my GF accepts it! Alas, such is life!

I too am a vet. 1965 - 1969 USAF assigned to the 6994th SS.
    Then spent 1969 - 1972 working for the CIA, but still in the USAF.
    I bet many don't know that the USAF had a SS.

us army 1971 though 1974 helecopter electrian mos also crew cheif mos....... overseas 2nd inf div korea......vietnam era........didnt dress in the army..........worked are at my job...........played hard too........did the taekwondo thing in korea.................

I Served 10 years in the British Royal Navy with regards to crossdressing i found it hard to dress whilst on duty but when i was alone in married quarters i found a little time to dress but not fully only panties and stockings but that was the start of something i now take for granted.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]Jenny ~ x ~

My Group on Yahoo

Military CD

I was in the Army stationed in Stuggart, Germany from 1972 - 1975. As a military policeman. I often wore panties under my uniform! I had to be extra cautious for sure...........

US Army 68 to 96. Three years active duty and the rest reserve duty. CD all the years except my year in Vietnam.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1973-1979 US Army.

Most of the time in the Signal Corps, and in the 2nd Armored Division at Ft. Hood TX. Our patch

I joined to earn enough and get the benefits for a college education. Knowing I wasn't going to stay in long, I turned down an appointment to West Point. Stayed in 3 yrs longer than intended because I got married.

The two yrs before getting married, I CDed at home when on leave. didn't think about it during other times. After getting married, once I told my wife, I CDed at our house often enough. My wife even shaved my legs.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by RobynB
    US Army 68 to 96. Three years active duty and the rest reserve duty. CD all the years except my year in Vietnam.
    Robyn:

You are one stract officer, M'am !

Now I fully understand the motto:

[SIZE="4"]~ I am the Queen of Battle ~
    ~ I am the Infantry ~
    ~ FOLLOW ME! ~
    [/SIZE]

Cathy (ex-SP/5)

Military CDing

I am US Navy Retired, I started CDing in 1984 while living in the barracks. We had two-man rooms in the E-5/E-6 barracks. My roommate always went home on weekends,and allowed me time to dress up in lingerie and fool around a little bit.While on board ship I could not dress at all and it was DIFFICULT! Now I can dress more frequently.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar

Thanks to all whom served !!!!

AFJROTC 3 Year Graduate, 6.5 years active USAF, under delayed entry due to age. I graduated High school when I was 17, and turn later that summer. I was a Ground Rat 2E153.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

I was in the Army for ten years. Part of the reason I joined was because it seemed so macho, that maybe a healthy dose of being macho would cure me of my many tendencies. I worked on helicopters, which was okay, but turning wrenches didn't cure anything. I don't think there is a cure for happiness. I just put it on hold and that was very hard. I just remember being miserable, almost to the point of hyperventilating on a daily basis that I had body hair--yuck!! Such is my mania. Glad that's all behind me, but I'm glad I served. In short, I just tried repressing the best I could & it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Tina

BTW: Go Army Hooah!

Sorry to be vague but I dont want my identity revealed. My old MOS was 11A then I got injured and reassigned to another MOS regarding Intel.(35B)

Rangers lead the way hooah!
    Last edited by Stormgirl; 01-10-2006 at 08:12 PM.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

It interested to note the quote from "Billijo" saying she was in Nam during the Tet offensive and was a member of a LRRP team. Man, that's tough, like Navy Seal tough!! Did you sign up to show how macho you could be or just get assigned the job? I think that was why I joined the Marine Corps while the war was still on? Maybe it was crazy but it didn't really change anything for me. I salute you just the same Billijo! You have far more guts than I ever could have. You are an amazing person!
    Last edited by Shiny; 01-11-2006 at 02:13 AM.