Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fail at being a [insert birth gender here] because...

Talking I fail at being a [insert birth gender here] because...

This is a fun little thread that I spotted at another forum and decided to bring here to all of the lovely people at CDers.com

What quirky/awesome/strange things do you do that don't count as 'typical' of your birth gender?

I fail at being a girl because...my guy friends ask me to go beat up other guys for them

I fail at being a girl because...my chick friends ask me to go on a date with them to make their boyfriends jealous

I fail at being a girl because...when people belittle me for being a 'gamer girl' who doesn't know anything, my friends inform them I have the biggest gaming penis in the room XD

I fail at being a girl because...I know three different kinds of martial arts but can't cook spaghetti to save my life lol

I fail at being a girl because...when I ask to go look at clearance clothing at Wal-Mart, my dad makes a beeline for the mens department

So, come on everyone! How do you 'fail'?

I failed at being a boy because I am more interested in what to make for snacks for the super bowl than the actual game.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Hey, don't knock making the snacks! ;p Having someone like you is a very important part of the Super Bowl experience for us culinary-inept people! lol What did you make? It was a chips and salsa night at my house XD
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-08-2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Know need for the quote, please read the rules regarding quoting posts.

grape - jelly meatballs, pineapple and cream cheese finger sandwiches and 5 layer dip.

Yum! Delicious AND healthy?! Oh dear, sweet woman, is there anything you CAN'T do? lol XP
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-08-2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Know need for the quote, please read the rules regarding quoting posts.

lol....lots! I am not so good at having relationships......it seems. Cook...Yes, fix things...yes, say the right things.....well.....

Haha, in my case it's cook: nope, fix things: sometimes, say the right thing: not even close. I actually made a girl burst into tears once by accident because she was worried about her weight and I told her that 'Don't worry! I know a girl that's fatter than you.' I not only got slapped but she didn't talk to me for a week lol

It sounded so much better in my head....

For me failing at being a guy is anything related to sports, I know nothing about them,
    and really could care less. I would much rather be shopping for a new dress then watching any sports game.

And saying the wrong thing, I am super good at that. Things sound OK in my head,
    but when they come out of my mouth, that is when I get in trouble as well.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Raychel, I love sports but can't play one to save my life XD The only thing I'm good at is soccer and most of my friends joke around that I'm not really playing soccer, I'm just playing fetch with myself lol

It really is amazing how things sound better in your head, isn't it? 0_o;

Banned Read only
    i just want to put my opinion here, i hope u don't mind cos i don't consider i was born in "wrong gender" or fail to be a man.
    ANYHO.... its 2014 there shouldn't be no gender roles in today's society, life is hard. women work they do all kind of work what were suppose to be men's work. i know this thread suppose to be funny BUT.......... smh.... haha......
    i just always try to be human being kind to others ....................

best of luck

I agree completely with the idea that there shouldn't be gender roles in today's society but, sadly, they are still alive and thriving

I also try to be a kind human being, but I also know that I don't fit most of the gender stereotypes for my sex and therefore I find it quite amusing to poke fun at those stereotypes whenever I can

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LenGray View Post
    I fail at being a girl because...when people belittle me for being a 'gamer girl' who doesn't know anything, my friends inform them I have the biggest gaming penis in the room XD
    As gamers are typically virgins, that big penis is unused. FRESH MEAT!
    Ok Len, you know I am just bustin your chops.

though I am MTF, I sometimes fail at being a woman when guys like Len bring out my masculine side.
    I cannot win.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I guess I'm like Raychel. I don't have the slightest interest in sports....except
    right now the figure skating princesses are twirling on TV and that's just
    Pretty. (doesn't look like "sports" to me)

Liking/Loving/Living sports is a requirement (I assume) for guys where I am,
    so I don't fit in any conversations or have a clue what the big deal is.
    If I have a solid 2 hrs with nothing to do, I'll be playing with my new
    dresses and makeup. I may as well be doing something useful! LOL

Banned Read only
    i really fail at being any specific gender at all times because I am whoever I am at that time.... For me, there is such a spectrum of gender and expression at any moment in time, that I am somewhere between man and woman... but I am both, always.

V

Nicole: lol I seem to bring out everyone's playful side ;p And you certainly seem like a winner to me! Either that or one heck of a prize

Kate: lol Hey, an important part of life is finding your bliss ^_^ I have no idea how to play most sports but WOW, do I try!! lol

Vanessa: Interesting! I usually feel the same way

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Heehee! I'm more of a doer than a watcher...so the idea of a bunch
    of big sweaty guys chasing me trying to knock me over just worries
    me toooooo much.

All so they can have the ball. Heck, I'll give it to them! I don't want
    another broken nail.

I like soccer but that's about it, sportwise. I don't like being tackled but the idea of chasing something and then kicking it for running away from you is right up my alley! lol ^_^

Len,
    Back in the olden days, I failed at being a boy because I was a 98 pound weakling and my girlfriends preferred to see me in their dresses.

Trouble is I liked it also.

They wore better clothes than I did.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi,

This will back fire at myself . i failed at being ( because of my birth ) was nether male or female complete ether way. really for myself there is no male or female, a mismatch. yet have i really failed, failed the boy test. and female weeeeell .......in a few aspects yes, even though im female just missed the finish line, though iv no real complaints,

Heres a ? for ya, what say you never wonted to be a boy or a girl what happens then. long before you asked the ? your born with some of both.

...noeleena...

I fail at being a guy because unlike the other males of my species, I actually stop and ask for directions when I am lost (which is often)

Beverly: Haha, I had a similar 'fail' though the other way around. It's awesome when life gives you opportunities to be yourself

noeleena: Good question! I suppose then you would just have to be you, regardless of what gender that may be Personally, I want to appear sexless with an emphasis toward masculinity. I think it's just all about what you feel matches you. If nothing else, you can look at it as you didn't fail to be male or female but you succeeded at being both

anaissa: lol I ask for directions but get hopelessly lost anyway...^_^;

I fail at being a boy because I am always the one dragging my wife to the mall to shop for clothes.
    Len, as a gamer myself I must ask... do you usually play as character who is male? I know I am always frustrated if I can't choose to play as a female...

Actually yes, I typically choose a male character Especially in MMO's because most mistake me for a guy in the chat anyway and they have cooler(and less skimpy!) outfits lol I usually end up making my character look androgynous if I can't pick a male character

I fail at being a boy because I cook better then 90% of the woman I know, they ask me for recipes.

I fail at being a boy because I never liked sports, Cannot stand to listen to ESPN and don't follow any. Plus I watched the super bowl only for the commercials.

I also fail at being a boy because I like shopping for clothes with my wife. partly because I always end up with something for myself.