Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fail at being a [insert birth gender here] because...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking I fail at being a [insert birth gender here] because...

This is a fun little thread that I spotted at another forum and decided to bring here to all of the lovely people at CDers.com

What quirky/awesome/strange things do you do that don't count as 'typical' of your birth gender?

I fail at being a girl because...my guy friends ask me to go beat up other guys for them

I fail at being a girl because...my chick friends ask me to go on a date with them to make their boyfriends jealous

I fail at being a girl because...when people belittle me for being a 'gamer girl' who doesn't know anything, my friends inform them I have the biggest gaming penis in the room XD

I fail at being a girl because...I know three different kinds of martial arts but can't cook spaghetti to save my life lol

I fail at being a girl because...when I ask to go look at clearance clothing at Wal-Mart, my dad makes a beeline for the mens department

So, come on everyone! How do you 'fail'?

I failed at being a boy because I am more interested in what to make for snacks for the super bowl than the actual game.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Hey, don't knock making the snacks! ;p Having someone like you is a very important part of the Super Bowl experience for us culinary-inept people! lol What did you make? It was a chips and salsa night at my house XD
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-08-2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Know need for the quote, please read the rules regarding quoting posts.

I think I fail at both genders at times:

I fail at being a girl because:
    - I don't like to talk on the phone endlessly. I'm the person sitting going, ' uh-huh, uh-huh' while the other person prattles on
    - I don't really like shopping unless it's for something specific. Really, whats the point of going if you're not going to buy anything?
    - I don't cry easily
    - I don't like to cook. I do it because I have to, not because I want to
    - I have no patience for my children
    - when I see a pretty girl I'm usually not evaluating her looks or being jealous. It's more like, 'wow, I'd like to get in her pants'
    - I like fishing, hockey and shooting

But I think I would fail as a boy because:

- when it comes to fixing something or yardwork I look to my SO and say, 'oh honey, can you do it? You can do it so much better'
    - if I need help with any heavy lifting while at the home improvement store, I'll find a guy, smile and ask for their help
    - I defer to my SO when making decisions and I'm never in charge of the remote
    - I can't play sports
    - I don't want a penis
    - when I see a good looking guy I'm usually not evaluating him, I'm thinking about how hot he is

I fail at being a man because:
    - I can't drive
    - I listen to Taylor Swift
    - I watch Grey's Anatomy
    - I cried when I watched Titanic
    - I can spend an entire day shopping
    - I own more skirts than men's underwear
    - I spend more money on high heels than gambling
    - I have never been in a fight

grape - jelly meatballs, pineapple and cream cheese finger sandwiches and 5 layer dip.

Yum! Delicious AND healthy?! Oh dear, sweet woman, is there anything you CAN'T do? lol XP
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-08-2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Know need for the quote, please read the rules regarding quoting posts.

But can I also add that I love it that my SO wants to stay home and take care of the cooking, cleaning and the kids while I go to work? But at the same time when I go to work I like to wear tight, rather low cut dresses so the guys at work will sometimes have a hard time staying focused on my face when they're talking to me.

lol....lots! I am not so good at having relationships......it seems. Cook...Yes, fix things...yes, say the right things.....well.....

Haha, in my case it's cook: nope, fix things: sometimes, say the right thing: not even close. I actually made a girl burst into tears once by accident because she was worried about her weight and I told her that 'Don't worry! I know a girl that's fatter than you.' I not only got slapped but she didn't talk to me for a week lol

It sounded so much better in my head....

For me failing at being a guy is anything related to sports, I know nothing about them,
    and really could care less. I would much rather be shopping for a new dress then watching any sports game.

And saying the wrong thing, I am super good at that. Things sound OK in my head,
    but when they come out of my mouth, that is when I get in trouble as well.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Raychel, I love sports but can't play one to save my life XD The only thing I'm good at is soccer and most of my friends joke around that I'm not really playing soccer, I'm just playing fetch with myself lol

It really is amazing how things sound better in your head, isn't it? 0_o;

Is it failing at being a man/woman or simply not living up to society's expectations?

I remember when I told a male coworker that I did the grocery shopping (it was easier for me to do it on the way home from work than my wife with 2 kids). He looked back horrified, like somehow I had turned in my man card. Then again, he was single and could barely cook for himself.

Who's to say I can't enjoy going clothes shopping with my wife, while also enjoying hunting with my dog?

OK, this is really just stereotypes, but here goes...
    I fail at being a man because:
    - I don't care about sports. (Actually, I fail at being a Canadian because I hate hockey... )
    - I don't care about cars.
    - I don't care about beer, and I don't find stories about how drunk someone got last weekend entertaining.
    - I can't do household repairs to save my life.
    - I hate action movies.
    - I find women much more interesting than men. At social gatherings where the sexes separate for whatever reason, I prefer to talk to women.

Okay, I admit it, I fail at being a girl, but there are also ways I fail at being a boy...
    ...I almost never drink beer. I usually prefer something sweeter.
    ...I dont care for football, but I looove cheese shaped hats. lol!
    ...Im not good at confrontations.
    ...And two words, Big Butt.
    Last edited by Andy66; 05-15-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Banned Read only
    i just want to put my opinion here, i hope u don't mind cos i don't consider i was born in "wrong gender" or fail to be a man.
    ANYHO.... its 2014 there shouldn't be no gender roles in today's society, life is hard. women work they do all kind of work what were suppose to be men's work. i know this thread suppose to be funny BUT.......... smh.... haha......
    i just always try to be human being kind to others ....................

best of luck

I agree completely with the idea that there shouldn't be gender roles in today's society but, sadly, they are still alive and thriving

I also try to be a kind human being, but I also know that I don't fit most of the gender stereotypes for my sex and therefore I find it quite amusing to poke fun at those stereotypes whenever I can

I fail at being a guy because
    1. I am too oversensitive compared to most men
    2. I'd rather talk or cuddle than have sex
    3. I like being chased rather than doing the chasing
    4. I am not macho and I am very soft and gentle
    5. I am better at cooking than at doing repairs
    6. I prefer girly drinks
    7. When I look at a pretty girl, I'm not thinking how I'd like to get into her pants, but I'm thinking how I'd wish I could be her, or I'm getting ideas on what to wear
    8. I like to talk endlessly for hours about how I'm feeling, or about anything under the sun
    9. Maybe, I fail at being a guy, because I really am not a guy

I spoke with my therapist about failing as a guy, and she told me that it is common for MTF TS to fail at being guys, which is different from male identified men who fail at being men, which according to her is actually rare - less than 1% of all gender dysphoric cases are failed men and they typically have weaker female identities (in fact weaker than most cross-dressers do)
    Last edited by Michelle789; 05-17-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Alright,

I do fail at my choosing to be like a genetic woman:
    1. I like beer that is hoppy and strong. My wife has tasted the stuff I drink and says it tastes like weasel p!ss.
    2. Fruit juices simply do not belong in my alcoholic beverages. My ideal drink with hard liquor is whiskey on the rocks or diluted with water.

But I do agree with Michelle " Michelle789" in the following ways that I fail at being a guy:

1. I am too oversensitive compared to most men
    2. I'd rather talk or cuddle than have sex
    3. I like being chased rather than doing the chasing
    4. I am not macho and I am very soft and gentle
    5. When I look at a pretty girl, I'm not thinking how I'd like to get into her pants, but I'm thinking how I'd wish I could be her, or I'm getting ideas on what to wear
    6. I like to talk endlessly for hours about how I'm feeling, or about anything under the sun
    7. Maybe, I fail at being a guy, because I really am not a guy

I watch Investigative Discovery and see all the attacks on women. Perish the thought anybody would mean harm on a woman! Women are God's gift to men, and I admire them so much that I seek to become as much like a genetic woman as I can within my limits - e.g., I have no desire to have SRS nor alter the way I talk or sing.

Johanna Anna
    Last edited by JohnH; 06-20-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LenGray View Post
    I fail at being a girl because...when people belittle me for being a 'gamer girl' who doesn't know anything, my friends inform them I have the biggest gaming penis in the room XD
    As gamers are typically virgins, that big penis is unused. FRESH MEAT!
    Ok Len, you know I am just bustin your chops.

though I am MTF, I sometimes fail at being a woman when guys like Len bring out my masculine side.
    I cannot win.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I guess I'm like Raychel. I don't have the slightest interest in sports....except
    right now the figure skating princesses are twirling on TV and that's just
    Pretty. (doesn't look like "sports" to me)

Liking/Loving/Living sports is a requirement (I assume) for guys where I am,
    so I don't fit in any conversations or have a clue what the big deal is.
    If I have a solid 2 hrs with nothing to do, I'll be playing with my new
    dresses and makeup. I may as well be doing something useful! LOL

Banned Read only
    i really fail at being any specific gender at all times because I am whoever I am at that time.... For me, there is such a spectrum of gender and expression at any moment in time, that I am somewhere between man and woman... but I am both, always.

V

Nicole: lol I seem to bring out everyone's playful side ;p And you certainly seem like a winner to me! Either that or one heck of a prize

Kate: lol Hey, an important part of life is finding your bliss ^_^ I have no idea how to play most sports but WOW, do I try!! lol

Vanessa: Interesting! I usually feel the same way

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Heehee! I'm more of a doer than a watcher...so the idea of a bunch
    of big sweaty guys chasing me trying to knock me over just worries
    me toooooo much.

All so they can have the ball. Heck, I'll give it to them! I don't want
    another broken nail.

I like soccer but that's about it, sportwise. I don't like being tackled but the idea of chasing something and then kicking it for running away from you is right up my alley! lol ^_^