Thread: Missing the details

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Missing the details

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Edwards View Post
    More than once I've mentioned that only a few people know about Diane. Janice said that me being Diane certainly explained a few things she'd noticed over the years.
    This quote got me to thinking about how so many of us have one thing in common. We've been super devious for a long time in keeping this crossdressing thing clandestine.

I can remember learning how to return borrowed items in exactly the same position they were found. Bra strap marks, when caked with petroleum jelly, will disappear in about two hours. Clear nail polish under color makes removal complete. Intercepting delivered packages to avoid questions.

Have you ever had a behavior questioned when you realized that you missed a little detail?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I was never questioned or confronted. But sometimes when someone's suddenly acting weird I'm like "oh sh*t I should've done a better job removing my eye liner".

And then there's one time at a store checkout when I pulled my wallet to pay my bill I'm like "omg! forgot to remove my nail polish". Which, in that case I also remember thinking "you know what? just fc it. so what who cares". As a matter of fact the girl at the register didn't say anything but I wouldn't have been bothered if she had.

I think we worry too much. However borrowing from a wife's or girlfriends drawer is different. So I know what you mean. In that case you have to be stealthful and just hope you get away with it. LOL

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I've gone out with my hair in a super-high ponytail....but caught
    it just in time -twice now.

Got stuck with eyeliner/mascara that wouldn't come off once in a hotel.
    I had to use a little packet of mayonnaise to get it off. LOL...but
    it worked just fine!

yeah....i know ♥

Banned Read only
    My read on people, especially those we try to deceive, especially with this CD skullduggery, have, unless they can't avoid the obvious anymore, a need to avoid telling us what they suspect...

Honestly how many people have come out to you and you said, and what is the secret you wanted to share... you knew already. It happened with a family member etc..

now going downstairs to greet the kids with mascara...was a bit more of a challenge.. but i digress

Vanny

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No because I don't hide much of anything.

I was asked if I had on make up when I wasn't "out" My answer was usually "yes" but sometimes I would hide it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

no, but there have been some close calls, fumble to dump clothes so messed up

some times i think im to good at the sneaky stuff for my own good it scares me
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Bra strap marks lasting two hours? Loosen the straps and get a bigger band size, I wear a bra all day and any marks are barely visible after a shower (30 min max).

Had been married about five years at the time, living in California, wife went to Canada to visit her Dad --- she came home. I left a jar of Ponds on side of shower. Only comment, "You left this." End of story -- maybe.
    Julie

Miss a detail here, another there ... When the secret is finally disclosed, people will say: "I knew about it all along."

"Gee, your fingernails are long?
    Why don't you cut them?'

Maybe next year.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think that for most people it's a matter of if you don't mind, then they don't mind. Usually if you try to hide something, they get a sense that you are trying to hide something and it makes them scrutinize you all the more and notice things that they wouldn't usually care about. And if you avoid it, they avoid mentioning it around you.

Sure, there's jerks that will look down on you for being you but that's something that you deal with regardless of who or what you are. My behavior as an open crossdresser(even when I didn't dress, I admitted that I used to) has rarely been commented on with negativity because I view it as such a positive part of my life and who I am. The few who have responded negatively or commented on my behavior were either people who were curious or people who wouldn't have liked me in the first place even without dressing

It's much easier to not care what others think.

Gone to live my life
    Part of my previous job was not leaving details which would allude to me being anywhere . . . kind of transferred over to Isha. However, I never started dressing until I came clean to my wife so I don't really have to hide anything from her. To the world, there are some slight changes (nails are a bit longer, eyebrows a bit thinner and the laser reduction on my beard). Has anyone guessed? Not sure and if they ask . . . I'll tell them the truth.

Hugs

Isha

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me with my wife knowing but not accepting yeah I think every time I leave for work, I think ok I put away my heels and my skirt it hung up, if I used makeup that day I think did I leave any out by mistake is a bra left on the bed. So yeah I do it a lot. As far as at work I do wear clear polish a lot and I doubt anyone noticed and even if I don't get all my mascara off don't think they notice either but I worry sometimes. Even though I could wear shorts to work I never do just to many questions about my smooth legs but it's all good.

Aspiring Member
    Advantage of being older perhaps - I've been shaving arms, legs and chest since I joined this forum two years ago. And my nails are nice and shiny. For awhile I 'rehearsed' what I would say if anyone noticed. My explanation, while not necessary, would have been that I have a dry skin and like to moisturize. Kinda messy with all that hair so I shave. Shiny nails - mine tend to break easy so I use nail hardener. I could use matte but I'm using nice and shiny stuff. Femme thingy you know.

Murphy's law - tomorrow someone will likely ask: "Hey, weren't you hairy?"

Ineke

Platinum Member
    Hi Carls, A couple times I buttoned a blouse wrong put back in the closet.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ineke Vashon View Post
    . For awhile I 'rehearsed' what I would say if anyone noticed. My explanation, while not necessary, would have been that I have a dry skin and like to moisturize.
    I do that too. lol.

I've been questioned more than once "are you wearing eyleliner?", I've always said no and believe me quite a few people have noticed, my ex, colleagues, a superior, few friends. My defense has been that my lashes were always very dark and have been asked even I wasn't wearing any eye-make up. We once had to take our pics for our IDs in the office and when we were filling in the details, I noticed on the screen, how obviously I had on eye-liner (didn't mean to), a few of them commented too. nails, (long, manicured, with glossy clear paint) in the past few weeks I'm sure has been noticed too. i've had a few very close calls, but I continue to push the envelope.