Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling a little down today....I didn't pass

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    That is when life will truly be good for you, Once you stop putting so much
    emphasis on passing and just enjoying yourself. Just be yourself and have fun.....
    Now the reason life starts being good - who knows if it's because confidence helps us actually "pass" or if people just start showing respect for how we want to be treated, who knows. It does get to a point where you just expect to be called by your chosen gender. Well that and we tend to hone our presentation so yeah over time, there is confidence AND presentation improvements.

At first, someone calling us by our birth gender can ruin a day or several days. After a while when it happens (less frequent), it ruins only a couple minutes at worst.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    You really will get there hon. It just takes time and hormones. Get you some whiskers and folks'll sir you left and right.

To amplify what Nicole said - your attitude has a lot to do with this. If you don't care whether or not you pass, it's much easier to pass. My GF is not very far along on HRT, and she's a big girl. (6' 3"). She passes more than I'd expect, and I think a big part of the reason is that she absolutely does not give a damn whether or not she passes. I've seen her pass when she doesn't even TRY to pass.
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 03-17-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LenGray View Post
    It just feels like the whole world has made it its special mission to remind me that I'm biologically a girl

Does anyone else have these days?
    Don't give it any more thought than the last Speed Bump you drove over...

Don't give up, Len. Progress a little at a time is the best way.
    Maybe you need just a hint of makeup--beard shadow in the proper places--5 o'clock shadow.

And someday you will want to experiment with fake moustaches. Of course, you might get the giggling fits the first few times. Buy a few online--or wait for Halloween in stores.

And try carrying a macho accessory: pipe wrench, football, baseball cap, briefcase, shovel, chainsaw. Keep working--it takes time to get it right.

When I was transitioning I used to pass as a guy a lot but sometimes it didn't work. I remember 2 or 3 years ago I went to Six Flags with my parents and I'm pretty sure a lady called me a girl. I thought I looked boyish though; I even had on a sports bra and my shirt ccovered my chest well. It ruined my mood for a while.

You juat gotta suck it up and deal with it. Even cis blokes get miagendered. One day it'll likely stop.

Yeah I'm slowly getting to the point where I don't care what people think. That day, I was just feeling like the whole world was yelling 'You're a girl!' lol

Since then, I've been a lot better about not letting it get me down

I think you are doing very well Len.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Kids I tell ya, it's like they have a freaking radar for that sort of thing. But hey, chin up Len! Congrats on going strong for three days, that's awesome! but not much of a surprise, the person in your avatar photo is a very handsome young man

Banned Read only
    Kidar; like gaydar but snarkier and much less useful...