Thread: Does anyone else feel this awesome?

Does anyone else feel this awesome?

I really hope this isn't spamming lol

Okay, so you probably saw the thread I posted about my suit. The strange thing is though, how I feel in it.

I feel AMAZING!

I mean, looking in the mirror, all I see is a happy man...in a suit. I even went outside in it already and just felt really confident about myself the whole time. I wasn't worried about passing, or messing up, or being shy. I felt so comfortable and powerful inside of my skin! It was a completely different feeling from when I dress as a boy normally! I felt like a man

Does anyone else have this happen to them when they wear certain clothes? If so, why do you think certain clothes have that effect on us?

Gold Member
    Some clothes are ultra-femme or ultra-manly.

Be careful going out in a suit though, people may get nervous. Guys in suits tend to look important. Walk into a big store and someone may whisper, "Oh damn, the new boss is here, look busy!" "Good afternoon, I am Mr. Gray...."
    You go out in a man's suit, yeah you are gonna be feeling like a man.

But for the ultra-femme - for me it is my shiny black pumps and a skirt.

Androgynous clothing just does not have the same effect. Men or women can wear sweats, slacks, tees, jeans, tennies etc...
    But suits are a man thing. Just as skirts and heels are a woman thing.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I am glad you had a good moment Len,
    Sure I get them sometimes when I look in the mirror and I am all dressed up pretty.
    But the times that I actually get that feeling AMAZING moment are very rare for me.
    I hope you find a way to get that feeling all the time.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

A long, long time ago, and pretty much in a galaxy far, far away, I was a Type-A personality guy running a company and dealing with Fortune 500 clients. I had to feel confident and powerful when I walked into a room.

A big part of that was clothing and accessories, "Power dressing," "Dressing for Success," call it what you will. It made me feel good to walk into a meeting in a custom-made shirt and Brooks Brothers suit (I even used to have my suits modified by having real button holes replace the normal stitching on the sleeve buttons).

Back at the office there were even jokes about me -- "What does he wear to bed? ... Three piece pajamas."

But there was no question who was the boss.

You're gonna love it, Len!

Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I get the same kind of feelings putting a suit on. Heh not sure how it would feel now that I'm so excited to wear a skirt but...
    Yea the perception of myself would change when we went out in a suit as opposed to slacks or jeans.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Happy for you Len. Truly I am. And please do enjoy yourself kind sir
    Barbie

Banned Read only
    Len, seeing your true self in the mirror for the first time is an emotional experience - I cried the first time I saw a woman looking back at me from the mirror.

You feel awesome because you are finally in touch with who you are - and there is no more manly garment than a suit. You are a man, Len. You just got stuck in the wrong body.

And yes, discovering who you really are, and BEING that person is an awesome feeling. It's like being paroled from prison after believing you were serving a life sentence.

And yes, I feel really awesome when I look especially pretty some days. I love being who I really am, instead of pretending to be a dude.

Platinum Member
    I have the same reaction when I'm in Avery formal dress. It's a good feeling!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sounds like you really have the process working for you Len. I'm happy for you my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That's a great feeling, Len - and yes, when it all comes together; when it all 'clicks' and you just feel right, it's not like one's dressed - it's like the clothes were made for you and they're just right..

I remember a feeling like that trying out a Hugo Boss suit years ago (when Hugo, and me, were young men ) - sadly, couldn't afford the suit... but remember the feeling. Happy days...

Looking forward to hearing more from the Man in a Suit!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

You look like a man therefore it is how you can feel like a man :3 It's the same for me except on the reverse, clothes help me to feel correct and it clicks and that lifts my mood to ecstatic levels and I feel just lovely c: It's not the only factor of course but they are great tool n_n

I'm glad you feel so confident in your suit too n_n and you got it down and it looks good! :3 You tie a better windsor knot than the majority of the men in my family, as they just opt out of ties xD

Len, some days you just feel on top of the world when you get to be yourself. Glad you made it,and enjoy all the experiences that come with it.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful replies! I really do love that feeling. Wish I could bottle it up for a rainy day! XD

I also wore my suit to go to colleges the other day I was very overdressed but I also noticed a few...admiring? looks from men and women alike ^_^ I only got shy once but the rest of the time I felt very confident