Thread: finding local support

finding local support

K i feel like i have tryed to find a local support group(tg,ts,gblt tri ess) , and there are none in my area, there is a kink group but i dont think they count , with out traviling hr (5 to denver or sl) what can i honestly do with out outing my self, i have tryed to find sisters (here), and most are on the eastern slope, i have even tryed facebook just looking for other cds in the area, most are old outdated pages and the girls have moved away, maybe its just winterblues but this has me down , also i now have like 5 guys (admirers) wanting to hook up (not for me,) from my posting and searching (aaauuuggg) some guys just piss me off,

Ok , now what can i honestly do, (quite) ?
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

I feel the same way Erica. I live in Canada in the Southern Ontario area, but without Travelling to Toronto ( One hundred and 25 miles away) there are no CD groups, I am aware of.

I know this is just a part of my quest , for me to find a gf that will accept erica i need to find open minded people, after finding out i was not the only guy that liked to dress then there are other like me that are strait and dress, and ect ect ect, my eyes are open to just how isolated some of us are and what we will put up with to keep the status quo, i have my son s to think about and my family that live in this area, but acceptance from others is a step in the right direction (for me)

I dont want to quite looking but i just get so frustrated with my self .
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Well I know it's not the same hon but you do have us here in this lovely community for support and advice or just good old fashioned girl talk

For now at least this website IS my support group, as I'm in similar circumstances.........geographically challenged lol.
    Relax and just tell those guys chasing you, "No thanks I'm a lesbian".
    Barbie

Lol I have but they just keep on . . And I know I have this group but for real world contact interaction it is lacking in some areas a bit.

Hi Erica: I live in Omaha and would love to know some local cds, but I am extra careful about about keeping my dressing under wraps.

Erica,
    I always say to people the situation will change, life is dynamic.
    It might take six months.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Life is fluid,and finding friends and or support with in some areas is and will be a slow prossess , i know im frustrated,and that it compounds my feelingand frustrations

Junior Member Kristina_nolagirl's Avatar
    New Orleans and San Francisco a few times a year. Also travel the US.
    This is also by far the most difficult thing in my CDing journey as well. So far locally all I've been able to meet are people looking for sex, people who warn me that I will be "addicted to sucking c*ck" and an twenty something year old alter boy from the Catholic Church who said that it's a temporary phase and he will have "quit soon". Needless to say, I don't have any local friends . I do encourage you to try to meet people if you travel. I have met some amazing people traveling!

Stay positive! It will happen for you. When it does, make sure to be a great friend to them.
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinanolagirl/

Better get busy living, or you get busy dying.

maybe thats a good cue for you to start up a group in you area.. although i dont know how you would start it but maybe a random FB page would get some interest.... im also having trouble in my area finding a group and im in the "different" capital of america ( P-Town , cape cod ) lol
    Just in Love with being Jenna the hot mess !

Erica

I know this is not a great answer, but there is a mile high transgender meetup group in Denver, which is large and very active.

http://www.meetup.com/Mile-High-Transgendered/

Yes, I know it's 4 hours, but you could stay over. There are a lot of girls on here from Denver.

At least check out the group. You may find someone closer like Vail or Keystone.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 03-15-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Jennifer View Post
    maybe thats a good cue for you to start up a group in you area
    I was going to make the same comment. Instead of looking for a group to join perhaps start one yourself. It does not have to start with events or complicated meetings. Something simple, easy and inexpensive is a good place to start. Give it time to develop and flourish since new members will be cautious and many tend to lurk for a while. It will take some research and work to find potential gathering places, effort in getting the word out and then making it happen. Even if it starts out with only two people, it is still a positive step. It only takes two to make a group.

Dear Erica - I'm afraid you're coming to grips with the human condition... try to hurry things along and you just end up with the wrong type of folk being interested as it seems you've found.

Making a trip to an established group has to be a good way to start - I'm sure other folk will be accommodating and there's a benefit to a group that already has momentum... Other than that I'm afraid patience, in this case, must be a virtue. Bearing in mind how difficult it is to find anyone who understands us (even ourselves) I'm afraid you will have to accept that, unless you are prepared to be more open (and I'm not recommending either way..), this is a long term objective for you that may take years to come to a conclusion. I'm afraid life is like that sometimes...

Maybe you can use this time to do as much as possible for your son and family - use your energy in other ways..? I'd definitely consider a trip if you can - gets you out of your environment and might be beneficial for you in other ways...

Good luck - take it easy - Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I think that I see a hybrid solution. Consider calling the contact person at Mile-High-Transgendered and request a spot on the agenda on a night that is expected to be well attended. Go to that meeting and solicit help finding people that live closer to your area for the purpose of starting a group. There may be some people that know someone in your area, or maybe they would be interested in coming themselves.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Jennifer View Post
    maybe thats a good cue for you to start up a group in you area.. although i dont know how you would start it but maybe a random FB page would get some interest.... im also having trouble in my area finding a group and im in the "different" capital of america ( P-Town , cape cod ) lol
    I'm in mass too and wondering where to go if/when I actually get brave enough to meet people. So after finding a group it then turns to will I be brave enough to go. This whole CD thing really pushes us hard with never knowing the right answer.

Erica,

You just need one good contact and you will never be sure where it is going to come from. It is like sales. You work enough leads you will eventually get a sale and it might come from the most unlikely source.

When I was working in SF, I was out one night dancing and there was a young GG out supporting a retired older CD gal. I got to talking to the CD gal and she told me about a transformation service within 5 miles of my home. My wife came down to my place in SF for a week and I went home and checked out the transformation service. The owner is one of the most interesting people I know. After she did my transformation, it was a Wednesday night, she sent me downtown to meetup with a group of girls who were out dancing, singing, and playing pool. Now the newbies must stand out. I walked into the bar and a group of girls were gathered at a bar in the back. One of the girls pulled me into the group. Fun evening out. They invited me to the Comedy club the following Saturday night.

Google something like “LGBT services in Grand Junction, Colorado.” Browse the web-sites that come up or call and tell them what you are looking for. It might take a lot of browsing and calling but you will eventually find someone who can point you in the right direction. Also try some of the College Campuses for support groups. The students or councilors will also likely have a wide array of contacts and resources available. Your local librarian can probably dig something up for you also.

I was in my local food co-op and noticed an LGBT support group sign at a local church. I have never been to one, but I might go check it out when the temperatures are warmer and the days are longer. It meets the first and third Tuesday’s of the month. I usually go the comedy club on the first Tuesday of the month. Like I said, you never know where that next lead is going to come from.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Form a group of your own in your area.Contact LGBT and they may even help you get one started.
    Give you some contacts for members and even find a place to have your meetings.
    If you don't do it who will?

Yahoo groups sisters of Boston may be for you

there where or was a group but as with all things it faded away lack of intrest or members , dont know when or why but starting a group is not a option , (the three members dont talk to each other ,( me ,myself and i)