Thread: Gahhhhh Outed by Rupaul.

Gahhhhh Outed by Rupaul.

So I'm sitting here watching reruns of Rupaul's drag race, and my neighbor calls on the phone about borrowing some sugar. I say "sure come on over" as we're good friends with them.

Well I'm so into the show that when they knock on the door instead of pausing it I just get up and head into the kitchen to get the sugar. I come back and horror of horrors my neighbor's watching Rupaul's drag race on my tv. He turns to me and says "Is that guy gay?" ............"Yep looks like it to me. I've been playing games on the computer and needed an excuse to change that stupid channel. Thansk for coming over bro"

Then he asks what channel it is........Kind of sighing to myself I say Logo. and leave it at that lol. Yep here's the sugar have a good one bro. later bye.

These are some new neighbors that the wife and I have been kind of hanging out with. I younger couple with a 2 boys aged 5 and 13.

Must pay better attention to what I'm watching and how I'm dressed when they come knocking as they're good folks and we don't want to loose them as friends.

thought I'd outed myself the other day when they knocked. I keep a pair of sweat pants and a tshirt in the bathroom for just such occasions. They knocked and the wife got the door,(s.o.p.),......Oh he's in the bathroom he'll be right out........I came out and the neighbor's wife asks if I felt pretty in pink......my heart skips a beat and I ask "why?" she points to the pink scrunchi in my hair lol....."I lost a bet with the wife" is starting to wear thin. Haven't had to practice discretion at home in a long time.
    Barbie

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    OK, This is the sort of thing that makes me wonder ! Whey blame it on ru paul. Your window is open, your neighbor is a peeping tom, Your neighbor called ahead of time so you knew he was coming and you still have not cleaned up, put the scrunchies away or changed the channel and somehow during all of this you are still surprised ? LOL , It shure sounds like you wanted to be 'caught' Oh and then you throw in the 'bro' card, too funny.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Nah I just wasn't paying attention. Like I say I haven't had to be discreet in a while at home. Gotta get used to it again. Oh and my curtains are ALWAYS drawn when I'm dressed now.
    Barbie

LOL sure ............
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Barbie, maybe you just should've come clean about why you were tuned to LOGO... the premiere of "RuPaul's Drag Race" airing tonight, and you're obviously a devotee... is it really that embarrassing?

In this age of reality TV, what's more reality than TV's?

There is a guy at work who considers himself a player, he is an amateur bodybuilder and a total macho type, my wife discovered by accident that he watches Drag Race all the time, I have never touch the subject, it is only a show, nothing to be ashamed of, be yourself you just never know how tolerant people maybe, we know there are many of us out there, some more closeted than others. Besides, Drag a Race is the best show in the world.

Obviously what happened bothered you, Barbie, but from out here it looks like you are being overly concerned. After all, HE is the one who came by to borrow a cup of sugar! You're sitting on the couch watching a television show -- other than not having a beer in your hand what could be more manly? Meanwhile, the guy you're worried about is at your house borrowing a cup of sugar? What is he baking? Was he wearing an apron?

Any minute now I expect to see a thread from someone else here on the forum that goes something like this -- "I was baking brownies and ran short of sugar. Without thinking I went over to my neighbor's place to borrow some. Wow, I sure wasn't thinking about the implications of that one! Then I get to his place and while he's getting the sugar I start staring at RuPaul's Drag Queen on the television. He sure could put two and two together and come up with four! Do you think I outed myself?"

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I just love RuPaul's Drag Race!!

Platinum Member
    Well I don't think watching logo necessarily outs anyone. The scrunchy....maybe.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You mean people actually still borrow sugar from neighbors these days? I thought that went out with the 1960's.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thanks guys And Persephone, yes I'm probably reading too much into it.

Maybe I should have explained a bit more but I was tired last night when I wrote the op:

We live in a good sized, but VERY rural and conservative southern town. No he wasn't wearing an apron lol, he was being gallant and coming over for his wife We're both "biker" types, and do a lot of outdoor yard work and home repairs together while the wives hang out.

As far as the Persephone's idea about him posting "Saw my neighbor watching Rupaul", I don't see that happening, but it'd be cool if it did. It'd be nice to have some girlfriends around here close.

Yeah it made me nervous but it's not like I answered the door in my skinny jeans and a halter top
    Barbie

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Anne View Post
    Thanks guys , yes I'm probably reading too much into it.

)
    yea a whole lotta that goin on around here lately.....people "outed" for standing in a shoe store type overthinking...10 bucks says your neighbor is either attracted to drag queens, curious...or sneaks on a pair of panties on friday night... and on a side note...that must mean I was "outed" for being in the mafia...i was watching Sopranos re-runs LOL.

Nice story but yes I would say you ned to be a little more careful

Quote Originally Posted by adriana moretti View Post
    yea a whole lotta that goin on around here lately.....people "outed" for standing in a shoe store type overthinking...10 bucks says your neighbor is either attracted to drag queens, curious...or sneaks on a pair of panties on friday night... And on a side note...that must mean i was "outed" for being in the mafia...i was watching sopranos re-runs lol.
    bingo !!!!!!!!!
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I don't think Ru Paul will out you, but if you do associated silly things like leaving a pink scrunchie in your hairyou will lose your bet with me.....For sure...
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As someone who constantly has to make excuses about what he's watching, I have a few excuses that work just fine. As long as you don't mind telling a white lie here and there.

- I was channel surfing before you came by/in/over.
    - A commercial caught my attention.
    - I turned to the wrong channel by mistake but I'm about to change it.
    - I bumped the remote.
    - Someone told me this show was funny.
    - I'm just waiting for this show to go off. (Works great if it's near the end of the hour or half hour).
    - I like this show. (This is a bold statement but if you don't get hassled over liking the show, no one will ever question you about watching it).

Banned Read only
    So now the guy runs home and turns his channel to Logo and RuPaul. Way to go Barbie, you have corrupted your first straight guy!

Muahahahaha *wringing hands with evil glint in eye* My goal is achieved!!!
    Barbie

Maybe he just outed himself. You come back and he's not only watching,but asks you what channel. Hmmmm , makes me wonder.

I don't believe that anyone has genuinely knocked on a neighbour's door to 'borrow a cup of sugar' since 1965, maybe earlier.

Helen we live in a small town for one, and these are good friends of ours. we actually still do things like bum a cup of sugar and such. We even invite our friends to supper parties and visa versa
    Barbie

geeeez Barbie, just toughen up a bit. You say you're manly and whatnot with your manly buddies, but you're too timid to say you like watching a silly reality show?

You closeted folks need to realize that being a well rounded person with lots of interests does not automatically 'out' you to the knuckle draggers. Instead we have all these macho tough guys here who are nothing but fragile flowers. Tell your buddy it's a funny show and you get a kick out of it, end of story. This has nothing to do with him though, this is all about you and the man you wish you were. Your buddy could very likely kick my ass ten different ways but I still wouldn't be scared to be myself. Better to face hate straight on then to hide from it.

...but you don't even have to face any hate. Maybe some good natured ribbing, maybe the occasional "fag", but he won't really give a damn what kind of TV shows you watch as long as you guys still do your 'biker' thing, or your 'out-doorsy' thing together.

What is this obsession with acting soooooooo hyper masculine that you can't even be a real person?
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com