Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Have a Copy of the GG Rule Book?

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar

Does Anyone Have a Copy of the GG Rule Book?

My wife and I were talking at lunch today about some other post on this board where a GG said something along the lines of girls remember everything. My wife piped up and said, gee I guess I am not much of a girl because I don't remember just about anything.

It reminded me of all the times that a GG told me that something I was doing was wrong, because GGs either do or don't do it. For example, I have been told:

GGs take their purse everywhere, and go nowhere without it, and yes they meant everywhere, all of the time.

GGs do not set their purse on the ground, because it is bad luck.

GGs always wear hair clips of the same color, and never mix and match colors.

So... have you been told that you are doing something wrong because no GG would ever do what you were doing?

Oh and yeah, these comment were said to me in a very nice manner, as though the people were trying to help me be more feminine. But my point is, there is a large variation with how any GG can behave, and there is no GG rule book. Unless you have seen it, then point out to me where I could go buy it and perfect my GG moves!

Make copies when you find it and put me on your list for one
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Make your own rules it's more fun that way ;p

Banned Read only
    There aren't *any* rule books in the heteronormative world of social conventions. That's one of the things that makes transition so hard. It's all implicit, and you have to figure out which rules apply in which context with which audience.

My wife says ' never put your shoes on the table." I think it's a Swedish thing.!!' LOL
    regent,

Wink Sure there are rules!

Haven't you ever heard of The Guy Code? I couldn't stop laughing when I first read it. Although not every rule fits every guy, I could see general guy behavior in all the rules.

So now we have The Girl Code. Enjoy!

The Guy Code

The Girl Code

Reine

I sent in box tops for mine a long time ago.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I was told I could not see the rule book, because it change all the time anyway.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison Quinn View Post
    Make your own rules it's more fun that way ;p
    Allison for class president !

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    My wife says ' never put your shoes on the table." I think it's a Swedish thing.!!' LOL
    \
    Could just be a "don't get what you stepped in on the table where you eat" thing.
    Barbie

You won't need a reason
    She don't let you choose
    And so to make the game easy
    Mother makes the rules

We all know how the rules are
    Changing from day to day
    That's the breaks and I'm sorry
    Some of us must be going
    Some of us have to stay
    Some of us may be showing
    Some just fade away
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    Allison for class president !
    That would lead to anarchy oπo

'round these parts, the vast majority of GGs don't listen to any of the rules. Like dress nice, comb your hair, don't wear clothes that don't fit..... This far away from the big cities, it's hit or miss on what to wear. For me to blend in I'd have to let myself go, throw on a pair of trucker jeans, sneakers and a sweat shirt.

I much prefer the bigger cities that have GGs and even GMs with class. That's where, ladies enter their car butt first, walk in heels, pay attention to style, groom their hair, carry a purse.... and on and on. The rules of style and class aren't written anywhere that I've found.....but I keep looking for great examples of people with style.

Renne.....

Real GGs don't need rules
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

You're right Lorileah, that's why we need them.

There is a women's guide book called "The Rules" (click here) and it is actually quite good and useful IF you are looking to catch a man, but otherwise it doesn't cover day to day behavior .

As Renne suggested, the real "Rules" are not universal, they are generally the code of conduct enforced by your peer group in your region, your culture, etc. A good example of this is the movie "Mean Girls." I believe it is a great primer on female culture even if the specifics don't apply to your group (although I do remember the girls in my high school having secret "slam books").

In terms of the basics, body language and the like, young girls emulate the women in their lives, first their moms and sisters, later their school peers, so they learn attitude, emotional behavior, how to walk, move, speak, etc. from other women, just like boys typically do with the male role models in their lives. We have generally missed those female steps so we have to go back and learn to emulate other women later in life.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Aspiring Member
    The rules you are talking about seem to be more about fashion, however, here are some rules I was always given by women to men
    Women's Rules for Men

The female always makes The Rules.
    The Rules are subject to change without prior notification.
    No male can possibly know all The Rules.
    If the female suspects the male knows all The Rules, she must immediately change some or all of The Rules.
    The female is never wrong.
    If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding which was the direct result of something the male did or said wrong.
    If Rule 6 applies, the male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.
    The female may change her mind at any time.
    The male must never change his mind without the expressed written consent of the female.
    The female has every right to be angry and upset at any time.
    The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to be angry or upset.
    The female must under no circumstances let the male know whether or not she wants him to be angry or upset.
    The male is expected to mind read at all times.
    The male who does not abide by The Rules cannot take the heat, lacks backbone, and is a wimp.
    Any attempt to document The Rules could result in bodily harm.
    If the female has PMS, all The Rules are null and void.
    The female is ready when she is ready.
    The male must be ready at all times.
    Michellecd9999

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Haven't you ever heard of The Guy Code? I couldn't stop laughing when I first read it. Although not every rule fits every guy, I could see general guy behavior in all the rules.

So now we have The Girl Code. Enjoy!

The Guy Code

The Girl Code

Got to love The Girl Code! So many mysteries explained...

guy code #17 lol

17. You must offer heartfelt condolences over the death of a girlfriends cat, even if it was you who secretly set it on fire and threw it into a ceiling fan.

I can handle that one.....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Gosh, I guess I'm just so lucky. I ask my wife all the time.

I'm surprised a Lot about how very slightly off the mark I am, but
    she'll steer me right. What's so surprising is, just how subtle such
    tiny details can be....

And of course this for the girl code lol

1. Yes = No
    2. No = Yes
    3. Maybe = No
    4. We need = I want
    5. I am sorry = you'll be sorry
    6. We need to talk = you're in trouble
    7. Sure, go ahead = you better not
    8. Do what you want = you will pay for this later
    9. I am not upset = of course I am upset, you moron!
    10. You're very attentive tonight = is sex all you ever think about?
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    From the movie and book Harvest Home, "what no man may know, what no woman will tell..."
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Quote Originally Posted by michellecd9999 View Post
    however, here are some rules I was always given by women to men
    Women's Rules for Men
    Everything you said is a direct contradiction to male privilege. Either what you said isn't true, or male privilege is a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    My wife and I were talking at lunch today about some other post on this board where a GG said something along the lines of girls remember everything. My wife piped up and said, gee I guess I am not much of a girl because I don't remember just about anything.
    I've heard that too that women remember everything. The other night, my neighbor said that women forget everything. So once again, there's a contradiction. Maybe remembering or forgetting is really just part of your personality.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

The GG rulebook does not exist in print except for the original in the locked vault at the library of congress where they keep the president's secret book. It's contents are memorized and handed down from mother to daughter via genetic coding.

Thank god I was born in the wrong body and I got about 1/2 of it memorized lol.

Seriously though, I don't believe in stereotypical gender roles, rules and customs. Maybe this has something to do with who/what I am. No idea. I just know what I like and what feels comfortable with me, and try to let others be who/what they want to be as well. I like to sew, do dishes and laundry and I'm also a hell of a good cook. My wife loves to work in the yard, wear bluejeans and tshirts, and she's much better at basketball and football than I am. I just figure the world would be a much better place,(especially for those like us), if there wasn't such a societal demand to conform.

Peace Love and Hugs from a tall skinny guy in his pink pajamas............
    Barbie

I was under the impression that there were only 2 rules in the GG rule book:

Rule 1. The GG is always right.

Rule 2. If the GG is wrong - Rule 1 applies
    Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today, because if you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow. - Author: James A. Michener