Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reality bites ... Hard!

Girl, photos are intimidating to anyone is a dress, as much as we would like to, most men and women learn young, we aren't going to be models. So like every woman, you learn to work with what you got. I take 20 to thirty pictures every time I get out the camera, sometimes I even get one I like, but most of the times, I'm looking at chins, stomach, scares, big hands and shoulders, no hips, and on and on. A lot of the time I'll admit I'm just a guy in a dress, but now and then, the make up comes out great, the hair works, and the outfit hides a bunch of flaws. And with a little luck, on a day like that, I might get a nice picture. You just got to keep trying!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Christen, after reading your post and thinking about it....... it pretty much sums my outlook. In the mirror I look ok but in a picture HA not even close. So I am sitting here dressed in a skirt and top with my makeup all done my wig on and of course thigh high's & heels I can feel for you and I know I will never go out and that is ok with me

HUGS

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Since I started dressing I really can see beauty in all the people I see in my every day life - i bet you look much better than you give yourself credit for

I've drawn the short straw for the contrarian view.

I like photographs. A photo can convey the image that you see in your mind, not the reality of the eye.

Granted, it takes some amount of time, planning, and dare I say skill, to get that "good enough" image, but consider this: In half an hour of posing and photographing I may get only a few photos that are good enough. That tells me that the entire balance of that half hour time I looked hopelessly bad.

Like any other hobby of skill: golf, woodworking, or fishing to name a few, those that have invested time and effort in developing the skill will have more consistent and usually better results.

(I'll show you my photos if you'll show me your golf trophies.)

Best wishes
    MsVal

Ms Val - photos please...

Katey x
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I am surprised nobody mentioned the angles at which the pictures are taken. With the exception of lighting this can make a huge difference on how the pictures come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Ms Val - photos please...

Katey x
    Picture and video gallery

Best wishes
    MsVal

Hi Christen ! Yeah, I feel that way about myself sometimes. We're probably harder on ourselves than anyone. A GG that I used to know what always tell me I looked gorgeous, but I'd never believe her. Now, I just realize that I'm doing it for Kristy,and Kristy loves how Kristy looks.

I know what you mean, that girl in the mirror does not always look like the girl in the picture. It is sad because we work so hard at having the right outfit and application of makeup, that it feels so damaging when the face looking at you on your camera phone has a double chin. Hang in there, and you are right without this forums support I would be lost.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

I think even the girls here that are truly passable, the ones that no one would ever question, question themselves when they look into the mirror. You will always see you. Period. The only time I feel that I don't see "me" is when the wig comes on. That's when I see Her

I also take 100+ pictures, very easily I might add, every time I do a photo session which is almost every time I dress (for something to do while dressed). I will take away a handful or less that actually come out looking good or half way decent. Like Jennifer stated though....it is fun
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Christen. You've been seeing the same guy in the mirror for however many years without makeup. Add makeup and a wig and it's only natural that you are still going to see the guy, at least some of the time. It's a mental image as much as anything and sometimes you're just going to look right through the makeup, and you won't feel right. (GGs go through the same good/bad day cycles too, and they can't go back to guy mode). I'll bet a lot of the people on this site have gone through this: You can be out and about all day shopping and feel like you look great and you're thrilled. The next time out you are getting out of the car and say, "Damn, everyone can see i'm a guy in skirt".
    No logic to it. Don't let it get you down. Now, do a bit of lip gloss, it always makes me feel right.

Thanks again, everyone. I so appreciate your comments! All in all, I did have a good day!

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

You are not alone Christen.
    Sometimes I like what I see in the mirror, most of the time I do not. All depends on how I feel at that moment. The past two years have been hard on me and I have been battling depression and boredom. A life changing event can be difficult to overcome. Let alone looking into the mirror and think to myself is this really normal, or am I a freak. I have dabbled with makeup for a while and I am getting better at it, no more clown face. It does seem to make me happy to see the improvements, long hair seems to help with my self image. Sure I do not look like I would want too, nor do I see in the mirror what I mental image of me should be. My mental image of myself looks nothing like my reflection in the mirror either in male or female form. Perhaps I need help in that department. I am not sure what my wife saw in me, or what my ex-wife saw in me, or even my ex-fiancé. When I see my own image, I am repulsed. Having such low esteem on my own appearance, it is difficult enough just to get out the door. Perhaps my childhood has more to do with how I feel about myself.

I keep my spirits high, I enjoy being me, it no longer matters to me what I see in the mirror since I am not expecting any miracles. Yes I can see my father in my reflection. I am beginning to get more of his hairline (no hair). At my age, I still have more hair than my dad when he was in his 20's and I am approaching 50. I try not to let me get myself down, but it is not easy. I am still alive is all that matters to me now.