Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost purged again

Banned Read only

Almost purged again

After 20+ years of dressing and purging 4x, I got smart this time and when I felt the urge to stop the hair removal, stop the dressing fem and purge all my items out of guilt and confusion recently, I packed things up and tucked them nicely in the "man" cave in the farthest corner of the under the stairs storage area and closed the door.

Now the hair removal will just never stop as I 'm so used to it now, hair would look weird on my arms and legs and I still have a lip gloss/moisturizer in my back pack, I decided to go "guy" ft for a period of time.

I've been doing a ton of traveling since being talked back in to work, which you would think would be the best time to dress. In the hotel, after day long meetings and after events but by the time I get back to the hotel, it's usually too late to want to dress up. I still take my night gown a couple pair of panties and a pair or two of pantyhose or thigh highs to change in to for sleep but, no longer am I traveling with the heels and skirts and dresses for now.

Strange how so many of us go thru this stage. Can't wait for this stage to pass again.

Personally I don't have a problem with purging.... or downsizing.... lately I've gone on an anti-hording kick and if I haven't used it in a year... boom... to goodwill... makes for a nicer living environment and if I need something like it again... I can just go buy it... and I love to shop!... funny too we just finished a major addition and remodeling at home and my wife is complaining that she doesn't have anything to shop for! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Cathie, I'd say you just saved yourself a ton of money.

I agree, well done on stashing rather than purging, i regret all the nice things i have purged.. it really is so expensive to replace everything.

Clara

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Clara Smith View Post
    I agree, well done on stashing rather than purging, i regret all the nice things i have purged.. it really is so expensive to replace everything.

Clara
    I regret some the items I've tossed as well. I had some great heels that I just can't find again from many years back. Really cute skirts too. Interestingly enough, I've never ever purged the pantyhose and tights.

Gold Member
    Stashing is the best way; However, donating old things to good-will is OK also.
    Out with the old, and in with the new. As long as you bring in the new.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    A hallmark of this condition is that it is episodic for many of us.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    A hallmark of this condition is that it is episodic for many of us.
    nicely worded

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Personally I don't have a problem with purging.... or downsizing.... lately I've gone on an anti-hording kick and if I haven't used it in a year... boom... to goodwill... makes for a nicer living environment and if I need something like it again... I can just go buy it... and I love to shop!... funny too we just finished a major addition and remodeling at home and my wife is complaining that she doesn't have anything to shop for! lol
    I'd say there is a difference between purging.. and making room for new loot!

@Cathie, I'm glad you manage to stop the purge.. and that you stashed everything nicely away. Your future you and your wallet will thank you!

Personally, I could never purge, because a) I have a lot of cool stuff and b) I'm a cheapskate!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Cathy,I maintain that the enemy of cross-dressing is other interests.
    A new girlfriend for those a couple of years younger than you or some other interesting past time.
    In your position a real kicker would be the interest in your job and what you can achieve.
    It is pleasing to see that you realise the folly of purging.
    I am a bit like Karen, I have a ton of stuff I have hoarded and could start a retro store.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have purged several times with some of my finest feminine clothes going in the trash. When this happens I feel I have been liberated from this terrible fetish of trying to be, and look like a woman. Many times I survive for weeks on end in my male persona, then suddenly the ''Pink Fog'' reappears and I regretfully start to rebuild my female wardrobe again. Recently I decided not to let this happen again. Now, when the urge to enter the male world again happens, I have tucked my special clothes away in a secret place, I just go to that special place where all that wonderful clothing is stored, once again living my secret life as Marcie

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea great choice !! Your heels will be there again when you need them! Much better to tuck them deep into your closet rather than having to buy them all again. See you soon!

Banned Read only
    Oh I'm not leaving the site, it's one of the only places I can go to be with similar gurls who just understand and can relate. I've been away too long (since May) and I like many still need this site for a voice. Now if I can just meet some others in Boulder

Yeah the one i regret the most is purging my forms.. very costly to replace and since starting again I haven't had the funds. So back to cheaper alternatives for me!

when I get to the point that I have too much I purge whatever I don't need to the donation box.

Believe me Cathie, I'm darn depressed about my fem attire right now too! A lot going on in my life right now and our house is being heavily remodeled due to a lot of storm damage, so I went through my entire stash last week and put everything I was going to keep in tubs at our climate controlled storage place - god knows when I'll ever see it again. Undies, wigs, clothes, forms, the whole shooting match, it's all gone, probably for at least a couple of years. I am soooo bummed out and depressed about it!

I sorted through a lot of it before making the "keep" and "discard" pile and ended up with a whole big black garbage bag of stuff that went to the thrift store. I've never really "purged" before, this is the closest thing I've done that's close to it I suppose, but it is seriously distressing to open those dresser drawers where all my frilly stuff used to be and there's nothing in there now... heavy sigh...

Best of luck to you m'dear, and enjoy the scenery in Boulder!

I guess I am lucky, My wife just took me out and bought me some very sexy panties and hosiery that she said really looks sexy on me. I love that woman!!

Has anyone thought of having a world wide purging bin, where we could all send our stuff when we do purge and members can also permanently loan things from, until we purge again. Like a trade and swap site, with a repository.
    Seems like so much good gear goes to waste (although I absolutely support Goodwill and the like).

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    Has anyone thought of having a world wide purging bin, where we could all send our stuff when we do purge and members can also permanently loan things from, until we purge again. Like a trade and swap site, with a repository.
    Seems like so much good gear goes to waste (although I absolutely support Goodwill and the like).

Christen x
    Sure sounds like the start of a Goodwill or a Value Village!

Platinum Member
    It will pass soon. Glad you learned from experience and kept your things!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well done for not purging. I used to purge and I really regret the things I threw away. It was the guilt that made me do it and the thought that what if anyone found out. The trouble is i kept going back to it. Being on this site and admitting it to my sister made me feel so much better and i will not purge again. It is a shame that this world we live in is full of people who always want to judge. live and let live. If you are not hurting anybody than that is surely fine.

I dress when ever i can and usually do it about 4/5 times a month. I enjoy dressing and putting make up on and shaving my legs etc. I do feel so right as you obviously do too keep doing it. Next time you have the opportunity, go for it and enjoy it. I am dressing tonight and can't wait, and am just off to get some more lip gloss.
    Have a good day.

I did the same Clara. I really wish I hadn't. But I have got that sorted out in my head now and won't purge again. That picture of you look great by the way.

Hugs Lucy Lou xx
    Last edited by Katey888; 02-28-2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts - please use edit to add to previous post rather than create a new one.

First purchase some stock in one of the plastic tub companies, go out and get 5 or 6 tubs with lock down tops, putt all the stuff your
    Planning to purge into the tubs, mark them with weird names, like starter motors for old Ford, replacement parts for squirrel feeders.
    Place all this somewhere out of the way (they stack nicely) and walk away.
    You will be amazed how wonderfull it will be when you find that you really want a part for that Little Black Squirrel Feeder and amatching pair of
    black starters. I have a tub marked Ice Fishing Stuff, I only open it in the summer, sandals don't look good with snow pants.
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Cathie, Welcome back after four purges I would hope that you've learned your lesson.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Cathie, I think most of us go through some period(s) of uncertainty about dressing. Pack your girl away and see if things settle back to normal. Fight the urge to purge as it is only fraught with regrets when you return to dressing.

Hugs, Robin

I think we all go through this occasionally. Some more than others. Being on a fixed income has forced me to take a good long look at my life and habits, and I've done a lot of restructuring. Made myself and my wife a promise a long time ago that if I ever felt like putting Barbie on hold again,(very unlikely *giggles*), that space bags, totes and mothballs would be used. We can't aford the vicious cycle of purge/restock for one, and for another, she likes me better when I don't deny myself, as I'm a lot more calm and loving.

Store it don't trash it
    Barbie