Thread: So... what do you do? Make the call!

So... what do you do? Make the call!

So, my wife works at an urgent care center, and we've often discussed me showing up at her work, especially in the case of an emergency (we have an 11 month old, so there's saying something). I told her that if it's a definite emergency, and I have to take him there or to the emergency room, I don't care. So, what would you do? Some emergency scenarios (assume you are in drag):

1. Housefire
    1a. In the middle of the night.

2. Child emergency (a fall, possible broken bone, what have you).

3. Relative/friend has just been rushed to hospital

4. make your own

1 and 2: Bite the bullet and call 911 immediately.
    3: take the bare minimum of time to change into sweat pants and a tshirt then haul a$$.
    One thing I learned while working as an E.M.T. for 5 straight years actively on an ambulance. Don't Panic. Stop, evaluate, THEN act. (SET). It helps to be able to think on your feet. Granted, not everybody has this ability so another one comes to mind.....the 7 p's........Proper prior planning prevents p**s poor performance.

Good thread!
    Barbie

1: 911
    2. n/a to me
    3. change and go. They don't need shock or to have it revealed at that moment.

1 - 911
    2 - Assess injury, administer first aid, call 911 if required, get changed
    3 - Friends in good hands, get changed, stop for Stabucks (have a double coffee as it's going to be a long day), go hospital
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

When it come to family, and there safety, who care, if I had a 11 month, and I was watching him then I would not be taking a chance that child come first over everything.

I'd say everyone has answered 1-3 possibly for everyone else, so I leave that... and I agree.

But no-one has created one yet - so #4...

You are caring for a sick relative but you get some drag time when the relative is resting - unexpectedly, the relative wakes, and needs some urgent assistance... This has a really personal edge for me because that's exactly what may happen one day with my wife... And while I don't want to make the mood too heavy here, I think Annaliese got it right when she intimated that most people would be unlikely to let #2 happen - and #3 get's you a bit of time to change - and #1, well, you could try fighting the fire and hope that a smoke blackened face hides the makeup, and you just grabbed the first clothes you could...

But my scenario haunts me a lot - as I know I'd have to assist and out myself instantly... : Thanks Chelsea - I'll be having that stiff brandy now before thinking again on that one...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Safety first - get out of the fire with the baby. You might plan to always have back up clothes in a convient place. A life threatening emergency aside from the fire call 911 first then change if able. If not change after paramedics arrive. Believe me they have seen it all and will only be interested in their patient.

The word emergency means immediate. If you have time to change or wash up or have a burrito, it isn't an emergency. Why does anyone think emergent care professionals care what you have on?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Hmm.
    1) House on fire. Call JimmyJohns and haul all my cloths to the garage so they dont get full of smoke.

2) Children come first. I never dressed around the kids so it would be a quick run to the emergency room.

3) For a friend or relative. Id make a call or two and see if the family needs any help. If not let them have their peace and visit when things stabilize.

4) Now a real emergency would be a home intruder trying to steal my skirts and boots. It would be a call to 911 and tell them "There was a robber in my house but dont rush he isnt moving so good any more, I think I broke his legs"
    Erica

1) throw on a hoodie and head out the door
    2) Not likely to be happening any time soon
    3) Change, give the doctors time to figure things out, maybe grab some change to buy drinks and what have you in the waiting room
    4) Dad taking a tumble on to the ground again, Hell is coming but I am too

LOL, I don't think these questions are very fair! I mean, really, who can change faster than a crossdresser in an emergency? I'm sure we are all practiced!
    Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ................. Why does anyone think emergency care professionals care what you have on?
    My mum was always concerned to know that we had clean underwear on, just in case we had an accident. Obviously, the embarrassment factor was more of a concern than the possible injuries sustained.

And that is the truth.....unfortunately!

Go as you are, as to be dressed whilst caring for others must have the inherent possibility of an accident and a trip to said emergency facility.....if you dare.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 02-28-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

1. That's what the fire department is for. If there are children in my care, I grab them on my way out if at all possible.

2. Assess the injury and call emergency services as appropriate. Then notify the parents/guardians. If they are not available, follow the ambulance to the care facility and try to contact relatives. (I don't have children.)

3. Not an emergency, but urgent. Change into conventional clothing and go (or not) as closer relatives request. Stay in contact by whatever means available.

Platinum Member
    Hi Chelsea, What if it's you that becomes incapacitated and can't get to the phone and the Mail Man finds you??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    I'm with Genny on this one!!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    If you are in 'Drag' , you have a worse problem then they could handle at an Urgent care. ...... just sayin ... !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Something life threatening.....

"Always make the call."
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am relating to what Blue Orchid had to say...'what if it's you?'. I dropped my motorcycle on the freeway while 'underdressed'...fortunately white cotton panties, nothing super frilly, but my wife was a little disconcerted when she came to the hospital and discovered that. Seems like the emergency response folks don't really care about such things though...

Come on! Having a father show up dressed as a mom or a date with a small child is not unheard of in an emergency room. Don't even be afraid of going - just go.

Showing up in an emergency room dressed as a maid with a light bulb in your rectum might get a giggle, but if you have child in you arms - they won't give a damn about you.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Hi,

I was with the St Johns as a medic so i doubt thered be an issue there, as i knew the other medics my dress was the same as others longs black white top / shirt with a green over top boots and when on duty our St Johns green and yellow insignia on our back allso knew them at E R and if i had to go in id be wearing normal clothes skirt tee top what ever .

If i were in an acc or other i know who will more than likely be picking me up they to know me, well we only have 3500 people here in Waimate, myself or others its of no or little concern what one is wearing i may remember the clothes other than that not interested, its about the person concerned that matters,

And over here its 111 Police Fire and Ambo in New Zealand , so remember that when your over here,

...noeleena...

Gone to live my life
    This was not really an emergency but I did have to make a call for an unplanned outing. I wrote about it last year in a post http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ory&highlight=

Hugs

Isha

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    1. I keep a duffle bag of en homme clothes in my car trunk. I keep a spare car key in the front of the car for the trunk since I never lock the car. That way, worse comes to worst, and I'm standing outside in my nightclothes, I can remedy it, hopefully before the fire department arrives.

2. I never dress when my kids are present, although I do underdress. When the kids are at their moms and I would dress(purely hypothetically right now. But I ALWAYS have contingency plans... I WAS a cop.) I make sure I have plenty of makeup remover, a good mirror, change of clothes and a plan to move quick.

3. If I've been made aware of the situation, I have the time to ask is there anything I can do, or am I needed immediately. If I'm not needed immediately, then no hurry. If there is an urgent situation, see action plan for #2.

4. Tornado roars through in the middle of the night. Happened to me. See action plan #1.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I think most of us have got pretty good at the art of quick changing.

1. If I'm at home in the middle of the night.. all dressed up.. and an uncontrollable fire breaks out, then yes.. I'd dial 112 (Dutch number) and storm out of the building. I think my mom would rather have me alive and knowing that I crossdress, than anything else.

2. Don't have kids.. but if it's a medical emergency occurring while I'm dressed up in my own house, I'd call 112.

3. If my immediate attention is not required, I'd change back.. and head out.

For all these things though.. if I feel I have 2-3 minutes to spare.. one make-up wipe, sweatpants, sneakers and my snowboard jacket is all I need to leave my house. And these things are always on standby in my own house.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Reality Check
    I can change prety quickly. For a fire or such, it's get out but grab sweatpants and shirt if possible and coverup outside.

For most other emergencies the couple minutes it takes to change won't make a difference. I could easily get changed in the time it takes the ambulance to get here.

My thoughts exactly