Thread: Good purge

Good purge

Even thought the weather is cold,cold,cold!!! The Mrs. is planning for spring and says the closet needs to be cleaned out, so in the spirit of the moment I went through my fem closet and put a bunch of not so great on me clothes in the thrift shop pile and more in the maybe pile for her review tonight. All counted I've dropped the ugliest 25% of my things. I'm happy to have more room and to have thinned out the wardrobe. It's great to not do the pre-coming out routine of stuffing it all in a garbage bag and throwing it in a random trash can.

All in all my first happy purge.

Banned Read only
    I have never done a happy purge unless you count buying a handful of dresses only to return most because they don't fit well or look that great. I've made the mistake in the past of bad purges and now I just segregate them somewhere else until it passes.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kelly, I wouldn't really call that a purge more a thinning out kind of thing.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    We should all do good purges regularly with all our things.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Well all the maybe stuff is off to the thrift shop as well. I guess I'll have to start looking for new things!

Happy purges are great, you find a lot of stuff you forgot about ages ago.
    I find fifty percent of the intended purges last till next time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have done the pre-coming out random dumpster only to find myself going back a few hours later to retrieve what I threw out. That was long ago.... I am not one fond of purges because I end up looking for what was tossed.

I would agree, the old clothes, especially if they did not meet the expectations or they looked better on the hanger than on you, should be at least given a second chance than disposed of. Even when I collected all of my wife's belongings, I had to go through everything just in case of money in the pockets, lost credit card or any forgotten things. Was there anything I could fit into? one or two sweaters was about it, she was tiny compared to me. Then there were my clothes both male and female to thin out. It actually felt good to donate all the clothes, jackets, and such that were of little or no use. Actually donating the jackets were the most rewarding since they went straight to charity and not sold as resale items through thrift store. Also had all of my wife's mothers items she could not get herself to take to donations. The house was full of old clothes, two bedrooms full, and many still in boxes. Most of this was in the planning, just the additional items many still with the tags on them just seemed to be the best thing to do. I still have all of her purses, I wanted to give them to her nieces or at least offer them first before donating. I may end up selling most of the high dollar coach bags on ebay. Not quite sure what to do about them yet.

Banned Read only
    My wife is all about thinning the wardrobe every season. You really should go through your things and ask, "How many times have I worn that?" If the answer is not much, donate it.

I think cross dressers tend to hold on to clothes like trophies. Time passes, seasons change. Most wardrobes are not "timeless." I'm making a concerted effort now to thin out before I buy anything.

Silver Member
    That's a big part of being feminine - not wearing items because they are not in fashion, getting rid of them, and then go on a shopping spree to bring your wardrobe up to date! Enjoy.

Banned Read only
    I purged one dress out of my 101 that I own. I know it is impossible to wear them all within a short period of time even when taking into consideration seasonal attire. In looking for the one that I knew I had to purge (never fit, no stretch) I had the opportunity to try on all the other dresses in that particular storage box. The full length mirror did get a work out last Tuesday.

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    I recently purged some hardly worn tops into the charity black bag due to (colour , style, fit or what was I thinking when I purchased them). Only to find a few days later my wife is wearing them. I bought bought a pair of yoga pants a while back only to find them missing after one wear. The other day my wife asked me to get some more as she found the others were so comfortable. That really made my day !
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to purge back in the 2000s. All out the door, trash, whatever.
    Recently, I reviewed the closet and donated much of what I don't ever wear to charity.
    It worked well for me, and hopefully there are others that can use what I gave up.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i just did a little of this today...i went through and tried on alot of stuff...different combos...whatever diddnt fit right, went in one pile...another pile was keepers...and one junk pile....in the end i just threw out 1 top & a sweater i will never wear again. I am going to hold on to everything that dosent fit right for now...and would like to donate it or have a give-a-way with a bunch of cd friends or something like that. Some of this stuff is so cute..but does not fit right on me. I would much rather give it to another cd who would appreciate it. Maybe at the next cd event I attend I will lug it with me and offer some gals a look. And sames goes with a makeup purge...i have sandwich bags filled of makeup that just was not right for me...I am saving them , maybe a local newbie could get some practice with it.

I'm probably in need of a purge. But it won't be the old 'purge because I feel guilty' or anything like that. Just some outfits that don't fit, uncomfortable shoes, etc. I love my closet and most of the clothing in it. Won't be getting rid of anything I like, that's for sure!

Steph

Well the day is done, 5 bags to the thrift shop and I'm up 5 skirts and 1 dress that the wife says look better on me. gotta love it.
    Last edited by Karren J; 03-01-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Wouldn't call that a "purge" so much as spring cleaning Good you made room for more though, and gratz on the additions to your wardrobe.
    Barbie

Silver Member
    My wife is a big advocate of cleaning out the closet. I tend as many do to wear the same things. This year I've put an effort to wear all my silk blouses even if I have to wear them to go shopping. My wife and I both have more clothes than we will probably wear. We tend to put on the same comfortable clothes around the house. Neither of us get made-up or dressed up if not going out.

I never miss things I clean out, because I usually find better stuff later, but I do miss things my wife cleaned out.

Sometimes she shows them to me before taking them to a thrift store, or I get something myself when I know she is about to do it (she usually leaves a bag of clothes somewhere on the house a day before), but I hate when she does that without me noticing. I can remember a lot of dresses and skirts she don't have anymore that would fit perfectly at my stash.

On the other hand, my purges were mostly good. I even gave some clothes to my wife and I'm thinking about giving her a black dress that did not fit me well enough. Maybe if I miss it someday I'll know where to find it.

Sorry that's not a purge, that is just thinning out the herd.
    The term purged as used in cross dressing comes loaded with fear and guilt, without that it's just an excuse to go shopping for the next season!
    I've thinned out my wardrobe many times, I've only purged twice, thinning was fun, purging, was the start of growing up and going where no skirts could go, as in the service, and the second spelled the end of a marriage, the service was fun, but I missed the clothes, the last time just wasn't fun at all.
    But making room for new stuff, that's fun!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.