Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telling a sales clerk what's what!

Wow! Thanks for all the feedback! Just to clarify a bit...

When he made the comment "this must be for your wife" I didn't answer rudely, I just said it was for me (even though is actually wasn't). I think in the moment I just though what business is it of his. I still get nervous shopping, and if I had been buying it for myself his comment would have made me feel very uncomfortable.

I should have made it clearer too that it was his tone when he said "this is a woman's scarf" that really got under my skin!

I didn't respond in a rude tone, or raise my voice, I just made it exactly clear I knew what I was doing!

This reminds me of a thing that happened to me a few days ago, I had just finished work and as I was going home to an empty house , ( my wife was at work ) I decided to have a walk round, get myself a coffee and a sticky bun, I popped into a store to pick up some more tights, I took them to the till to pay for them , the lady looked at them , looked at me and raised an eyebrow, as if to say I know who they are for, I looked at her and said " I think you have got the wrong end of the stick, my dear they aren't for me, they're for my boyfriend !! " gave her a big smile , I must say her face was an absolute picture, I love being a crossdresser, love and hugs to all Sarah xxx

Emilia, thanks for clearing that up, all the time I'm reading the responses, pro and con, I'm thinking, what was the tone, many times, it's not what's been said, but how it was said.
    It sounds like maybe you where in a department store where you pay in the department your shopping in, and not a general check out? If so, why would he think you didn't know what gender that scarf was for?
    I've had SA's tease me with things like, are you sure there your color, when buying pantyhose, said with a smile, thinking they where not for me, it made me chuckle.
    I've had SA's give me that look of disapproval, it's easy to tell the difference.
    I'm not one to go gently into the night. I think you handled it just right, the older saleslady, maybe the manger seemed sympathetic with your point of view, not the young sales man that should have been trained better.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilia View Post
    When he made the comment "this must be for your wife" I didn't answer rudely, I just said it was for me (even though is actually wasn't).
    I just love it when someone feeds me a slow pitch. A good answer could have been, "No, it's for me but, I'm sure she'll want one just like it." Once in a thrift store as I was waiting in line with six really fabulous bras draped over my arm, the lady in line behind me commented, "What a wonderful husband you must be, buying all those beautiful bras for your wife!" Happily, I showed her each and every one and enjoyed all of the ooo's and ahhh's.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sounds like you are just doing fine!

In the words of Damon Wayans, "Two snaps!" I'm sure he got some kind of lecture from his manager. The other day I was getting some new makeup and the girl at the register said, "Wow what a lucky girl." I just said, "yeah she is." Since I was in a treat your self kind of mood.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore