Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What washroom to use? Either one will work!

This is indeed a tricky subject. I agree with most though, use the one you present as and make sure your feet do face the right way when you go. I use the women's when dressed but I will confess that I am still nervous when I go when there are other women already in there or when they come in. It took me awhile to get used to using the men's room also. I just need to start using the women's more often to get used to it. At the salon I go to, I politely asked what restroom to use and they said for me to use what one I feel comfortable in.

If dressed en femme I use the ladies room. I don't turn off my cell (it's zipped up in the purse anyway). I don't linger but I do stop to check hair and makeup and wash my hands. I can't imagine doing that in the mens room. (For one thing, it's not safe). One precaution that I do take when using the ladies room is to wait if I see a bunch of teen girls going in first or if I see what looks like a parent or a husband waiting outside the door. I wait outside until they are gone. Teen girls and concerned parents/husbands all have claws, so I play it safe and don't take a chance on someone shouting that there is a man in there. I survived an emotional crisis in that regard yesterday. I really had to go when I went into Walmart. The ladies room was empty, but when I was in the stall, I heard a bunch of teen voices. I tried to wait until they were done and left. However, those girls do linger. When i went out there were three of them plus one's mother just chatting by the sinks. I made a beeline for the door and my car.

Silver Member
    I'll be the lone voice of dissent and defend Laura and say if one is more comfortable using the men's room, go for it! It is up to the individual to decide. Personally, I'd rather use the men's room and avoid all the issues that come with it (especially when there are minors in the womens room, talk about a minefield!), but I am afraid to draw attention to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    I'll be the lone voice of dissent and defend Laura and say if one is more comfortable using the men's room, go for it! It is up to the individual to decide. Personally, I'd rather use the men's room and avoid all the issues that come with it (especially when there are minors in the womens room, talk about a minefield!), but I am afraid to draw attention to myself.
    Thanks for the vote Vickie!

One thing is for sure if I'm using the mens room and a problem breaks out and if it turns physical, hopefully, probably not but if it does I would feel a lot better explaining myself to the police about why I had to fight some jerk trying to harass me in the mens room rather than the same thing happening when I come out of the womens.

I don't know what else to say, I have used the womens before and probably will again in the right circumstances but when I'm faced with being in a family establishment I will probably go use the mens.
    Womens's washrooms in family establishments to me are like SACRED GROUNDS and I don't feel comfortable going in them, that's just me and my opinion.

Cheers Launa

Have you considered using the family restroom in places like malls and Walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ...would be out of there so fast you would see nothing but a rainbow blur....
    Lori, thanks for the chuckle!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Also as for the Imperial Court. They book large venues, the venues KNOW they are drag queens. An MC who even hints at the "girls" using the restroom of their birth sex is not going to be rehired (if the MC was the one making that statement on their own). I have never been to an event where it was an issue. If it is the venue that made that request, they won't be getting the 10K plus hotel rooms, drinks, food and other side items from the Court again I can promise you that. The ICRME here would be out of there so fast you would see nothing but a rainbow blur. (I figure the Coronation here brings the hotel about 15-30K over the weekend)
    I don't know what to say about this other than its what happened. The Court here still holds events at the same hotel, nobody seemed too concerned at the August event I was at other than a couple jokes were made about it by the performers on stage at first. Myself I'm just getting familiar with the Imp Court, it was my 2nd event I had been to and in our province so many people come from small rural farm towns miles and miles away so for sure there is a lot of revenue coming in. Both hotels the Westin and Ramada had so many people that complete floors were booked full of us attendees, I will have to ask next time I go and the subject arises, it just doesn't matter too much to me.

I'm with Vickie and Launa on this one, even though it seems the minority on this thread. I've heard it said on this site and elsewhere that the majority of CDs are heterosexual men.

Privacy for the GGs anyone?