Thread: And My Journey Begins!!

And My Journey Begins!!

So,

I am starting down the road to transitioning. I have a great therapist, she refuses to diagnose me with Gender Identity Disorder because as she puts it, I don not have a disorder. Being my true self is not a disease.

And she is doing everything she can with my medical insurance carrier to code everything so that when I do start the treatment and any other medical procedures that they are not classified as "cosmetic or elective". They are a medically necessary procedure to fix a birth defect.

So with all that is going on I have asked that my previous screen name be changed to reflect my true identity. I have no worries about people finding out who I am. Knowing my true name is inevitable anyway.

With that..........

"Hi! My name is Rachel Schaedel!"

More to come.........................
    Why is it everyone expects us to explain to them who we are? Isn't it enough of a privilege for them to have us in the world?

Silver Member
    Hi Rachel! Congrats on heading in a positive direction to become "your true self"! It can be confusing for many discovering and admitting one's true gender standing, but when that light goes on, it is a big relief. Travel safely as you continue on your journey of new adventures. Enjoy.

Hi Rachel: Your open and honest approach to your new life is refreshing I'm happy for you that your therapist is working with you in such a manner. Must be extremely affirming. Have a wonderful life hon
    Barbie

Rachel,
    It is going to be some trip.
    I hope it is not too hard on you.
    All the best.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good luck Rachel...!

Sounds like you've got all the right support elements in place which is positive and great - and we may not be much but you can always come to this place for some unconditional support if you need it...

Look forward to hearing more from you...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Good luck Rachel I'm happy for you
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Rachel, you have my best wishes that all goes as you hope it will. I'm sure that there will be some stressful times, but keep your eye on the final result.

Hugs Bria

Great news.
    Just a guy with a love for tights (as we call them in the UK, aka pantyhose)

Congratulations Rachel and I wish you the best of luck. I really like your positive attitude, and I really think that it will be very important for you through your transition. I see that you are just down the road from me, the 680/24 interchange. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Good luck. And congrats.

Rachel I love your attitude. I wish you all the joy that you deserve. I am also in the Bay Area. I am on my journey and identify as transgendered . If you would like to join a few of us and talk over dinner we go out in love SF quite regularly.
    Hugs
    Suzanne