Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember how you felt the first time you went en femme?

Remember how you felt the first time you went en femme?

I felt liberated! Like something inside of me unlocked, and I naturally slipped into girl mode quickly. I caught myself smiling uncontrollably while emulating stereotypical feminine traits like upping my voice to sound more girly and being such an exaggerated female to the point of being a caricature lol.

So how did you feel the first time you dressed and all dolled up?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I was nervous ( i just explained my first outting in another thread so no need for me to repeat it) but I will say this.....I felt GREAT after..and was proud of myself..and realized I just opened up a brand new chapter in my life.

Hi.

Im not sure about this dolled up detail, i knew people would look at me for sure, i know some would have thought i was a male, others were not bothered, I was more bothered about being accepted as normal ( history for that,)

So what i did was tell every one i knew what was going on and when they saw me they would know what to expect, i was not trying to hide who i was though i did use my wig to sort of hide my face, very little makeup ,

The difference for myself was not trying to be like someone else or even emulate some one, it was this is who i am the real person, as i said i was more bothered about being accepted my fear if you like, of rejection i had years of that so it coloured my perception of myself .

voice and being girly , being girly no did not happen and for voice i was not that bothered, not then and yes i talked with a lot of people it was not an issue,

I saw it as well this is it lets get this on the road and go for it,

...noeleena...

I don't remember the first time feeling. But after a long period of not dressing, and recently returning it was like a first time again for me. It felt so good, and looking in the mirror and seeing what I thought was a real work of art, my emotions started going haywire. I was extremely happy and excited, then wondering how I could have denied it for so long made me angry that I had. I also wondered where I would be at with this today if I had continued CD'ing from that very first time. And finally as the night was ending, and time came to erase my art, one final look in the mirror made me sad that I couldn't be Kristyn more often, and didn't know when she'd be back.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I was with friends and it always seemed natural from day one.
    I was as scared as hell on many of those early occasions, especially if I went solo or with minimal support.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My first time out felt liberating, and like I'd found myself. When I think back to what I was wearing, and my amateurish makeup, I cringe. Oh well, we have to start somewhere. It was Halloween, 1982, at what was then Toronto's only gay bar.

Reality Check
    I never had a "first time all dolled up". For me it was gradual and over a period of years. Even my going out of the house was gradual. Going out for a drive underdressed in a bra and putting water balloons in after I got away from home, doing the same with the addition of a wig and blouse at night and so on.

At this point, it feels perfectly natural to me to wear my boobs, wig and padding around the house. Outside is still different and exciting but I don't get to do it often.

Terrified and exhilarated and feeling right inside myself, all at the same time.

My first time was terrifying, liberating, all at the Same time.

My first time out, I wore my mother's pink sun dress with white small polkadots, very small thin shoulder straps, it fit me perfectly, white three inch strappy sandals and makeup, I walked out our 200 ft drive way to our mail box, I can remember it like it was yesterday, I was twelve years old, that was only 58 years ago... some things you just never forget. I feel the same now when I dress, now I dress about 99% of the time.

If it wasn't for my forms and bra my heart would have exploded from my chest. But truly freeing and natural, start of a new chapter in my life. Wish I had started early but that's water under the bridge.

Bye-Bye Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

My first time was 17 years ago...to a lesbia...I mean womyn's bar with my GG GF. It was fun and quiet and the staff treated us really well. On the way home we were asked (at a stop light) for directions to a street. We heard them wrong and sent them to a different street....I wonder if they are still out there
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    At what age? Young and in school for Halloween and then Trick-or-Treating afterwards?
    As an adult? Walking in heels on the sidewalk. The sound of my heels on the pavement.
    Feeling my makeup on my face. The slickness of the lipstick.
    Blinking while wearing false eyelashes. My wig surrounding my face and tickling the back of my neck.
    The weight of my falsies in my bra moving/bouncing as I walked.
    The coolness under my skirt as it moved while walking.
    My grip on my purse.
    Fun to experience no matter the age.

I do it was to a drag club an hour away and I had to drive and get gas on the way back. It was all pretty exciting It had to be more than 40 yrs ago. The drag club was scary all the queens were wanting me to come up on stage but they weren't pressing to hard. The gas was hard it wasn't self service and I had to be told to shut the car off.
    The whole experience was pretty fun and exciting and they still are. Although I think I am a little more in control now It still remains fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    I saw it as a progression. The first couples of times I went out fully en femme including wig and makeup was for a neighborhood drive. I was really apprehensive. I was fearful a drunk driver would purposely seek me out and t-bone my car. I think back on those late night trips and wonder if I was really fooling my wife. It took time to apply makeup including doing my nails, dressing in the other bathroom, leaving the house, driving, returning home and undoing the feminine side. Thinking back on it, although she is a really sound sleeper, in retrospect, she had to know. So much for DADT.

There were two Halloweens that I fully dressed. Not as a princess, but, a stylish young (I was young once) woman. I intended to encounter humans and I did. I guess one can do anything on Halloween. I got some laughter from some young guy who was obviously headed to a state of drunkenness, and, a compliment from the night female worker at a Winchell's doughnut store. I felt at ease.

I can't remember the details of what I wore but it was most likely "borrowed" as at that time I hadn't any stuff of my own. I drove a short way from where I lived late one night and went for a walk around a local park and church grounds. All the things the safety rules say don't do. How did I feel? Gut wrenchingly scared, paranoid that there was a gang of morons around every corner waiting to get me but also slightly elated. Many talk of feeling liberated and much later on I too have experienced that sensation but for this first time more relief that I had actually done it and survived.

In some ways the fact that I don't get to go out that often means that when I do I recapture some of those early feelings.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I will let you know. I believe Friday is the night...

I sure do. Excitement,fear and adrenaline all flowing at the same time. I still remember driving and seeing my nylon covered legs and thinking how I'm really doing this .

Yes I do, it was great. It was the scariest thing and the funnest thing I had ever done. It was a Sunday night after church, went to Wal-Mart about 40 miles from my house. I went by myself, thought everyone there knew I was a guy but I did it anyway. I just browsed the store looking at shoes and clothes, trying not to draw to much attention to myself. I even called the store after I got home and asked them if anyone thought their was a guy in there dressed as a woman. The lady that answered the phone said they didn't know. So I took that as a win. I was hooked after that, although I did not go out again for about 3 years. I go out fairly regularly now and gain confidence each time.

Platinum Member
    The first time...well, there were many firsts over all too many years. But what really tipped the balance was the first time I dressed entirely as a woman, with wig, make up, shaper was....suddenly I saw a completely different image of myself and for the first time believed that I could do this! It was a transcendent moment.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

it was scary at first and took getting used to (i was wearing a skirt and feeling air rush up was weird to me haha). I was so glad i did, after a while it felt so natural and noticing attention was a great self esteem builder

My first extended time out was on my way to my first Renaissance TG group meeting almost 14 years ago. I felt euphoria but a tad nervous as well. Mostly I kept feeling that if some guy tried to hit on me, I would have to restrain myself from decking him. The things that go through your mind at those times!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My first time was about 40 years ago. It was after I had been to auto service training, in Detroit and I was on my way home about 350 miles away so I no one I knew would see me so I felt safe that way. I was young, about 20, and wanted to try on some dresses at a upscale shopping center at a young ladies boutique. At the time I had long light brown hair and couldn't grow facial hair and a very skinny feminine body and was wearing girls tight jeans, nylons, panties, and bra, with a tight ladies sweater, I thought I looked hot. I was afraid that the sales ladies wouldn't let me try any dresses on and call the police and have me arrested. I remember this was in the early 70's and back then it was all redneck thinking about transgender issues, and only occasionally would you find any thing written about crossdressing and it always gave me a rush to read about it back then, lol, who am I kidding, it still gives me a rush today and even as I write about that experience. WOW, that feminine feeling just rips' me. Well, to make a long story short, I went in look around and found a couple of sexy short dresses and asked the sales lady if I could try them on and she said yes and ask if that was all as she let me in the dressing room. I may have looked like a young lady to her as some of my friends in high school said I would make a good looking girl. Told her that was all and went in and tried them on. I listened to her as she walked away to talk to the other sale girl to see if see would say anything to her but she didn't. I was in the dressing room for what seemed like an hour when she return and ask if the size was ok and I said yes, it was actually too big but I was afraid to let her see me dressed if she ask to get me a smaller one of that style. I finished trying on but didn't buy anything, and they thanked me for coming in and to come back. That day is what I really needed to help me fell good about dressing and not being afraid to try on whatever I want and whenever.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    It was the most fulfilling, single most defining moment of my life. When I had to go back to being a boy, I cried.

The first time I dressed up fully (clothes, hair, makeup) was a trial run for a coming outing with a CDing group. I mostly remember how hard it was to get the makeup right. Every step required thought and care. Frankly, it was not all that pleasant, though it was really worth it when Mimi, who was out of town at the time, replied "you really look great" when I sent her a picture of myself.

My first time out was terrifying. I was alone (Mimi was still out of town) and I drove 60 miles on LA freeways to the restaurant. I parked for a few minutes to work up the courage to approach the restaurant. The first person who saw me in person dressed was the valet parking attendant. He opened my door for me, said "Good evening Ma'am" and handed me the ticket. From that point on it was smooth sailing!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]