Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG...I had such fun!

OMG...I had such fun!

Well, I know for many here this may be old hat, but not for me...
    This "older gal" is up there in years and has been strictly in the mirror in hotel rooms for 20 years. Sigh...
    But no more.
    Last night I trekked over to Grand Rapids to meet with BilleAnneJean and her other West Michigan girlfriends at their clubhouse.
    This was my first time out with people and it was such fun, so low key and easy, and I can never thank Billie and her friends enough for giving me that opportunity. Billie is the sweetest girl you would ever want to meet and I really want to send out a HUGE hug and a GIANT thank you to her. Shout outs to Roxanne and Tina, too! Hugs to you both!
    Later, we left the clubhouse and hit a Grand Rapids nightclub.
    I walked down the street, outside!
    We had drinks,
    We tried to chat over the music,
    I laughed,
    OMG...I danced!

This was a big, big night for me...
    It absolutely will not be the last!
    Thanks so much Billie! You are the best! Honey, you have a girlfriend for life! LOL
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 03-08-2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Congrats Samantha! I remember the first time I went out dressed with a girlfriend for shopping and lunch. It was such a thrill. Hope you get to do it again soon!
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

Silver Member
    Samantha, you have taken a giant step out to enjoy more of your feminine side! Good for you!!!

You go girl. So glad you had fun.
    Angie

Sounds like your still walking on air! Nice to have the girls show you such a great time.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    amazing how it is such a non-issue, isn't it? What we build up in our heads....

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Same time, same place, next week Samantha?!! Sounds like such a happy experience!

Gone to live my life
    Congrats Samantha,

Sounds like you had a blast.

Hugs

Isha

Sounds like fun. Congrats.

Hugs, Shelly

Going out in company really does boost the confidence level.
    You have constant guidance from others.
    Of course you can have a great time as well doing things you would otherwise not do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Way to go!!!

I went out for the first time last night as well.
    I have to agree with Jennifer, I was mostly amazed at how much of a non issue it was.

Shelby

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

So here are a couple of pics... the one in the blue top is from the clubhouse where the girls meet once a month... it is a truly wonderful and safe place for first timers or any that just don't feel comfortable in public yet. And Billie is the most exceptional hostess you could possibly want. She really made me feel at home and part of her family.
    After that several of us changed into something sexier and went out to a nightclub - Rumors - it was Ladies Night... perfect. Funny... I never dance. but I did last light... and I have not been able to stop reliving that moment all day... tee hee... I feel like Cinderella.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Great pics! You look terrific

Congrats Sam! Glad you had a blast and you look amazing in your pics. Should put up an avatar so everyone can see how pretty of a woman you are.

Ginger
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Was fun meeting you and all the others there Samantha.
    If I had the outfits and the energy I would've liked to have gotten to Rumors as well..
    but I was pretty wiped out. (busy first half of day and lack of good sleep over a couple days)
    So I just went over to a hotel for the night before leaving Sat.
    (man was my legs tired... higher heeled boots and it was a lengthy walk 2x taking luggage into the hotel ...heh)

This was my first 'meetup' with anyone as well.
    It's fun to get out with groups
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Crossdresser
    That sounds like a terrific outing. And you look very good. Bet you can't wait to go out again. Thanks for sharing.

I know how hard it is to step past your front door, I still haven't other than halloween so huge kudos to you for finally stepping out! It's great that some of the girls were there for you to help along with that step You look great in the pictures! I doubt many gave you a second look, other than to check you out lol Thanks for sharing
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Good for you girl.. glad you had fun..and the way you present urself, fun was in the cards..so cute love the big smile.. glad it was a positive outing for you.. more to come, i'm sure..
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Sweetie you look great! Good for you! I must know more about " the club house" sounds like something that should be set up in every area of the country.
    Love KristyE

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    You look completely relaxed and natural! You could be found in the JCPenny catalog with an outfit and great look like that.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Congratulations Samantha. My first time out was with a CD girlfriend. Now I have dozens and actively try to help and encourage others to join us. LOL, we're becoming a movement!

I think cardigans are REALLY helpful in making me look right in a women's top. They disguise my shoulders a little and somehow smooth my appearance to a less manly presentation. They are the Spanx of the upper half, I suppose.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! I think I am starting to like it around here...tee hee
    It was nice meeting you, too Kasey! You too, Ressie!
    If I can put in one more commercial plug here... Billie has arranged such a wonderful asset there in Grand Rapids. It I had a hat it would be off to her. To have a place like that with three changing rooms and a private, totally safe and accepting space is such a godsend for any girls that are shy, getting out for the first time, in need of some support... whatever. It makes it so easy. There is no reason that any girl within driving distance of Grand Rapids, Michigan should have to be alone.
    I know what it is to be alone.
    I was alone for a long time.
    I know all the excuses and all the rationalizations.
    I know alone.
    Being with people is way better.
    Way better.
    Billie says every time she announces a meeting there are hundreds of "hits" and dozens of girls contact her for information and then when the night comes most of these do not show up. If you are one of those people...listen to me...go to a meeting...you do not have to be alone. You can dress at whatever level of skill you have, and you can spend Friday night among people who "get it". After that, who knows...dancing? You can do it you really can do it. !
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 03-09-2014 at 07:51 AM.

I wish I was a little closer to grand rapids, I would certainly try to make a few of these get togethers. I agree that being alone and cooped up in a house all the time is no fun. My So doesn't have ANY hang ups about my dressing so at least I don't have to sneak around while she is gone just to dress for an hour or so but it still not the same as actually being out there. That's the problem with getting out once, once your out there you want it more and more.

I am going to be honest though, I have heard a lot of horror stories about these "meetings". I am not saying about this one but other ones that I have heard about are a lot different than how you described your experience at this one. I think a lot of the girls may also hear these stories and that's why they bail out at the last minute. I know pure fear is always a deciding factor though so who really knows why they change their minds about attending.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!