Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pantyhose Attitudes

If you've great legs, go bare for sure. But I find that sheer matt hose just smooth my legs out and they look better. But you can't go too high a denier and you've got to get the right shade for your skin. I love Levante Eclipse Natural as an everyday choice.
    And yeah it's funny, I love wearing tights, my wife hates wearing them, but I do spend more on a pair that she tends to. I've not really been able to have this discussion with her, yet.
    And ... fashion magazines are saying wearing nude hoisery is now very fashionable .. blame Kate Middleton.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    Candice, you have gorgeous legs and certainly don't need hose to make them look good. But if I recall, you are either already living as a woman or are transitioning to live as one. So for you, the illicit thrill is likely gone, this is just who you are. I might feel the same way if I were in your shoes (pun intended). But for us plain old crossdressers, pantyhose, thigh highs or stockings enhance the feminine experience greatly. I'm with Wildaboutheels on this one.

You do look great, though, and I still love those shoes! Too bad they don't make them anymore!

Take care

Shibumi
    I don't like panty hose, I hate bra's, I guess I'm not a crossdresser....

Wink Pantyhose Attitude

As one 0f the older sisters, I can certainly recommend pantyhose for anyone with an issue about unseemly legs. I love the way they hide all of the imperfections that come with age.

GG/SO of a CD
    I always wear hose. I work in a professional environment, and women who don't wear hose, look less professional, I also like wearing them so that my legs dont rub together. But... Those are just curvy girl problems.

I prefer hose though pretty much always. Unless you are going out and trying to look "sexy" then go ahead and wear hose.

Silver Member
    Greenie, don't feel bad, some "curvy" men have the same problem!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I was just at a trade show for work in SoCal and was pleasantly surprised to see so many women wearing nude hose, even with open-toed shoes

I prefer stockings myself, I got that advice from a GG once. It was in an old thread on an Everquest message board, one of the women on there said "Pennihose is da debbil" and posted a complaint about pantyhose (we talked about everything on that board), and this other young lady responded that instead of pantyhose, get a set of garters and buy stockings, you'll never go back. I'm sure she didn't mean "me" as well but I tried it and I've loved stockings ever since.

In my life, I've only seen a couple of women who had legs that I honestly thought they looked awesome without some sort of hose, and almost everyone else who thinks their legs look ok are really deluding themselves (Candice? You're in the "awesome looking legs" group, which is very small - you do have awesome legs). To me, hose is more than just covering flaws, it's sort of a finishing touch. It's like waxing a Ferrari after washing it. Sure, washing it is fine but if you want that Italian Pony to really gleam you wax it - the finishing touch. It's also professional looking, in my humble opinion.

Anyway, my two copper's worth. My inbox is asbestos lined, so flame away.
    ~Linebacker Melissa

For me I alaways wear tights as I find them so comforting and above all they just lend that bit of sex appeal to an outfit.

I love wearing pantyhose , I love the look and the feel of them on my shaved legs , I also like touching my own hosiery whilst in a skirt , I also often wear a corselette and vintage nylons over the pantyhose . I don't feel dressed unless I at least have pantyhose on , and on the subject of them making you look like a mature lady , I actually seek that look and would love to be seen as such , I adore that mature woman style from the double layer nylon nightgown to the classic nylon blouse and skirt and medium heels , I aspire to be an older woman .

I would go bare legs whenever I can, but unfortunately, I cannot shave my legs bare (which I would love to)

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    I love Pantyhose as much as the next guy...
    This might be my newest favorite quote!

Hose can hide a lot of sins where our legs are concerned.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm not a big fan of pantyhose. I do wear opaques in the summer to hide leg hair though.
    Last edited by Jess Marie; 03-11-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Unless you are going out and trying to look "sexy" then go ahead and wear hose.
    Actually you can look sexy in hose too. Sexiness is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I like hosiery, whether it's pantyhose, stockings, or tights, and yes they do give your legs a finished look, and it's very professional to wear them.

In SoCal, I've seen plenty of women wearing black hosiery in the past few months, all the way from very sheer to very opaque, even 80 to 90 degree weather. Yes, we've had an abundance of 80 degree or warmer days this winter, which is unusually warm for this time of year, but it proves that hosiery can be warn in warm weather, even black hosiery. Although it's rare, I've seen women wear black hosiery in 100 degree heat. I knew a woman who wore black hosiery to work all 12 months of the year, and another woman who wore nude hosiery to work all 12 months of the year.

I personally don't judge you for what you wear, I believe you have to freedom to wear what you want. Some of us like hosiery, and some of us hate it. Our preferences do not make us a success or fail at being a cross-dresser, and our preferences do not make us a success or fail at being trans. My motto is be true to yourself, and that includes whether or not you choose to wear hose.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

i love wearing pantyhose, thats how i started to cross dress was wearing pantyhose.

Ive worn pantyhose all my life, but at my age pantyhose hides a lot of my past!! lol

Unless you are going out and trying to look "sexy" then go ahead and wear hose.
    In mathematics, it only takes one counter example to disprove a theory:
    490571745_Mansion_of_Celebs_2011HalloweenCarnival_Ariana_Grande_001_122_124lo.jpg

Best, SS

My wife's sister from out of town was recently visiting us and we had a function we were going to that evening. As I was going out for errands my wife asked me to get her a pair of black Silk Reflections pantyhose.

Her sister replied "PANTYHOSE?! Nobody does pantyhose anymore" My wife said, "Trust me sis, if you want to look complete, you need to wear pantyhose." So I wound up stopping at Macy's and getting two pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    I work hard to maintain my legs, so why cover them up?

To me less is more, I find panty hose a waste. I do wear black stockings with certain dresses other then that my legs are bare 95% of the time.

I keep my legs tanned most the time too(yes I know but skin cancer at my age is not my worry...) In the winter I have been "forced" to wear hose because it has been freaky' cold this year. Last year I don't think I wore any at all. This year leggings because suddenly I find many sweater dresses just a titch short. But over all I don't wear any hose unless I am planning "something" (which ain't happening recently). I get people feeling my thighs frequently and saying "You aren't wearing hose?"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Ah, pantyhose - if you don't love it, you must not be a CD!

Interesting that the people who think that legs must empirically look better with hose are the ones with a bit of a fetishistic attachment to it, eh?

If hose is the be--all, end-all of look-completion - why isn't it used to hide imperfections in other parts of the body? Why aren't more women wearing armyhose, or handyhose?

Might I suggest that the reason certain people are inclined to find pantyhosed legs so wonderful, is not so much a devotion to a perfect pair of legs, but instead an attraction to what pantyhosed legs look (feel/sound) like?

Don't take my questions with too much sensitivity - this is just a question of interest to me. I like pantyhose/nylons/stockings. I like the way they feel. I go absolutely weak in the knees at the site of a great pair of legs in hose.

Buuuut - I think of the days when hose and crossdressing were inextricably linked as sort of my junior scout days of dressing. I was just wearing hose because I could. I mean, under jeans - why?

Today, I think of hose as just a part of a wider palette of options. Legs can look fine bare, or in hose, or in tights, or in leggings - there isn't just one solution. What I'm attracted to are the legs, not just the clothing on them.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Gemina you have a point. I think one of the first things boys notice (at least when I was growing up) was the pantyhose...it was a signal that the girl was reaching the age of...well being datable. The bra thing wasn't s obvious until breasts were at a certain size, but the pantyhose were with any skirt. Now fast forward to the first date and your GF wanted to look her best. Pantyhose were required and if you got to second or third base...well you remember that feeling. It very well could become a part of a young man's fetish. In my generation women wore hose if they wore a dress or skirt even in summer. Certain actresses wore them with cutoffs (hello Mary Ann and Daisy) and when you are 13 you want those women. My wife wore pantyhose for the first 10 years we were together but ditched them for knee hi's and slacks (sort of a fake pantyhose look in slacks). My GF rarely wore them except to work or a special function. She is why I don't now. She had tons of influence on me as far as fashion and being a woman.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    Pantyhose was the root of my dressing as a child. I would not wear anything without the foundation of hosiery. Just did not feel right. All that ended the first time I shaved my legs. Some of my best experiences out and about have been hoseless. Now I won't wear them unless called for. And it's mostly opaque tights in the winter now. Spring, summer I would not even think to ear them out.
    And yes, Candice you have unbelievable legs, what kind of workout do you put them thru to keep them so taught?
    Last edited by bimini1; 03-13-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Bisexual GG
    The biggest reasons why I don't wear hose are my cats, my nails, and my two year old. I ALWAYS end up with a run somehow. I do sort of need them though, I have dark hair and pale skin so even if I've just shaved it still looks like I have stubble. I've done cheap stockings before and it was hit and miss, hopefully now that my H is really diving into CDing it'll be easier to talk him into letting me get better quality stockings and a good garter belt. I'm not talking great stockings since I doubt they'll go long without getting a run, but ones that fit and look a bit better would be nice.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bimini1 View Post
    And yes, Candice you have unbelievable legs, what kind of workout do you put them thru to keep them so taught?
    Nothing special, I run a lot and always take the stairs. Also as others point out age has some effect, I'm only 26.

I have noticed women both young and old wearing panty hose with skirts and dresses over the past year or so. It appears that panty hose have become a fashion accessory instead of a mandatory covering for modesty. From my point of view some of the patterned hose look really awesome and add a dimension to an otherwise flat look.
    Kelly

You ARE Loved.
    You BELONG in this World.