Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pantyhose Attitudes

I only wear Hanes Silk Reflections. Makes me feel soooo delicious when my slip slides over them.

OK - here is a stupid question, which will have all my American sisters howling with amusement

What is the difference between 'pantyhose' and 'tights'?

In England, all hosiery (other than stockings and hold-up's) are classed as being 'tights'. We do not have 'pantyhose'!
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

You say 'lift', we say 'elevator'. Same thing
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Quote Originally Posted by susan jackson View Post
    I think it's down to the sheerness. If you can mostly see through it, it's pantyhose; if not, it's tights.

I love wearing pantyhose. I wouldn't go anywhere dressed as a femme without them.

Hosiery makes all the difference in the world. I just hope GG's get the hint and start wearing them again, just like the 70s and 80s.
    Tami Monroe, formerly known as hawkdoc60!

I wear pantyhose because I LIKE TO!!!!! I also wear them because they help when slipping into a pair of pants that are "a shade to tight" and also when I am wearing my heels. Like the American Express ad says " Never leave home without them"

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    Don't Gentlemen prefer Hanes ...?

Hey, you never know til you try... and it's worth revisiting old assumptions once in a while, but i totally agree with Johanne, hose make my legs look better. The male leg needs a little help, IMO, no matter how well it is shaved. Hose softens some of the bumps and bends. My wife sometimes questions me and how i can wear pantyhose so much (she would never wear them were it not de rigueur for dressier clothes.

Pantyhose (and to a lesser degree, (but still fun) thigh highs and traditional stockings) feel great on smooth legs, and since most women will never understand what hairy legs really feel like they might have some trouble understanding the novelty and the simple magnitude of the difference shaved legs feel like to a guy.

They help support the leg, many athletes and cyclists use support hose and tights for longer rides, I know it does help my legs feel better, and it's a bit of fun as well to add to the enjoyment of the ride. With cooler weather, I need to spend some time re familiarizing myself with the cool weather cycling gear, but an extra pair of opaque tights can add a good extra 5° F of cool weather tolerance to my legs, for less than $10. If you've checked out any cycling, or even generic exercise clothing gear prices lately, you know that is a heck of a bargain.

So for casual looks, yeah, it might be worth checking to see if the hose-less look might be a viable alternative, or perhaps a more flattering, complementary or neutral shade of hose... but for dressier looks, nothing beats a bit of shimmery lotion on a smoothly shaved leg, and sheer shiny or glossy hose clinging oh so relentlessly to those legs. Models do it, advertisements flaunt it.

Three cheers and fanfare for pantyhose!

Yeah for pantyhose!

If you buy the proper size and quality they are the most comfortable item of clothing I've ever worn. I wear pantyhose daily and love the constant reminder as I walk around the office as the silky nylon caresses my smooth shaved legs. I would not feel dressed without them.

Elizabeth

Funny timing... Wife and I are selling our house (sold, actually - close on Friday) but have already moved. I went over this morning to vacuum one last time, and I couldn't resist the chance to do it fully dressed despite having a bit of stubble. I got a bit wound up and decided to stop in at Walgreens and pick up a couple more pairs of pantyhose. As I was checking out, the SA commented "Those are some expensive pantyhose.."

Without missing a beat, I said "Yeah, but they're worth every penny."

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I always wear pantyhose to hide the hair on my unshaved legs, then over the pantyhose I wear black stockings and a garter belt, or an open bottom girdle.

Love to wear panty hose........love the feel especially right after shaving my legs

Not a day goes by without them!!

Love pantyhose wish I could wear them more. Love the feel they always Bring me back to the first time

The younger generation may disparage pantyhose, but nothing does more for the older generation legs than smooth and sensual hose.

I have always worn pantyhose,even when I purged the rest of my wardrobe. Nothing beats a great pair off leggs.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I prefer tan hose to nude, I thinkthey look and hide the flaws better. In the summer i try to maintain a real tan and rarely wear pantyhose.

Quote Originally Posted by susan jackson View Post
    OK - here is a stupid question, which will have all my American sisters howling with amusement

In England, all hosiery (other than stockings and hold-up's) are classed as being 'tights'. We do not have 'pantyhose'!
    Yes, but when we North Americans go out shopping to purchase our "pantyhose", unlike you Brits we don't have to put petrol into our saloon car first, check to make sure we have enough room left in the boot to transport all our planned purchases, clean the grime off our windscreen, check under the bonnet to ensure that we don't need to top up the motor oil, and pray that we don't get a flat tyre on the way.

But if we do, some kind lorry driver who was following close behind is bound to stop and assist us, as long as long as we didn't make him cross enough to holler "Bloody H*ll" at us for inadvertently cutting him off while traversing the roundabout on our way to the local pub for a pint and some bangers and mash.

There's just something about covering bare legs and feet with the sheer material, and slipping your feet inside smooth, sexy heels. Then there's the part about covering the rest of the lower body as well; everything is so smooth, and hidden under a skirt.

Also, from growing up in the 'days of yore', when women wearing pantyhose were everywhere. The younger people these days don't know what that's like, at least in the US. It had a huge influence on the upcoming male population, growing up through adolescence, and seeing attractive women wearing 'nylons', as they were most often called.

"panty hose" is old hat! .... even the WORD seems so weird and out-dated!

tights forever!

water hose never!

50 ft. hose!

bros before hose!

OK, I agree, 'pantyhose' and 'hose' are strange names for that, when you start to think about it. However, those names are ingrained in lots and lots of people to mean a certain thing...and that's not likely to change. I think I like 'tights' better myself, and if I was to rename them, I think I'd go with that name. It just seems like a more appropriate name. You know, something 'tight', and close to the skin. But, like I said, not likely to change the usage of the word 'pantyhose' in a heck of a lot of people.

Very clever Leslie but I very much doubt our lorry driver would 'holler' on this side of the pond. He would undoubtedly 'cry out loudly'. 😆

We do say tights here but it wasn't always so. My Father worked in a hosiery factory, there's a job for a hose/tights fan, and when tights arrived. They were labelled as panty hose on the packets. Tights took over at some point.

Pantyhose...tights - don't really mind which they are called - they are a delicious adornment to any pair of legs. I have relatively recently come back to wearing pantyhose after many years of only wearing stockings or hold-ups (thigh highs to our American colleagues) and I have to say I am enjoying them - especially without panties

My own view, albeit (slightly!!!!!) biased, is that even the best legs in the world look better properly dressed in sheer nylon. It somehow enhances those gentle curves and just adds that finishing touch to any outfit, the choice of colours is there to work with whatever you are wearing.

In my case it also hides those veins that are beginning to show up all too clearly; Michelle would NEVER go out without hosiery of some sort and Stephen has then under his trousers EVERY day (glossy black pantyhose today....mmmm)

Michelle
    xxx

Silver Member
    I'm glad that many women will wear pantyhose quite willingly as long as we agree to call them tights. The pantyhose doomsayers need to understand that leggs and Hanes are still making them so somebody beside the Cd community must be buying them.