Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: where do you keep your clothes

Junior Member AnnabelleBethanie's Avatar
    Mine are rather poorly hidden in a box in the cupboard above my bed in my room.

Annabelle-Bethanie

I keep them in a draw in my closet. One of them I should move because I have slept in it and it can only be hand-washed because of what material it is made out of. (I have not washed it yet, though).

I am no longer in the closet, and am actually transitioned. However, I had been very creative about my hiding places throughout the years.
    Until I was about 8, I kept them between the mattresses under the fitted sheets. Mom would usually ask me to help her make the beds so I had enough notice to move them to a drawer while we were changing the sheets.
    As my collection grew, I had a dresser with a false bottom. I'd put the clothes in a bag and slide the bag under the drawer. Later I had a built-in bed, which made it possible to hide pillow cases full of clothes into the built-in.
    I learned that if I left a big pile of shoes and clothes in the bottom of my closet, I could leave a couple bags of clothes under the pile.

Even though I hid them, I also wanted to be caught, to be able to talk to my parents about it. I would wear a teddy or nightie to bed, and make sure my spaghetti straps were obvious - then fall asleep. I would wake when my mom or dad would tuck me in. I'd pretend to be asleep to see their reaction, but they acted like they hadn't seen anything.

The ONLY time my mom ever confronted me after my first revelation at 6 years old, was when she found a teddy I had taken from one of her drawers. She was mad that I had stolen it from her, not because I had taken the teddy, she hated it, but because I was stealing out of her drawers.

Often, when I tried to tell my dad I wanted to be a girl, he would tell me that he was "75% female" and had managed to make it through life. It very possibly was hereditary.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Since I live alone, mine are all over the house except for the "public" areas.

My dresses, skirts, tops etc. are all in my wardrobe together with my male clothes, the left side is Nicole's and the right side is my normal clothes. My underwear is mixed with male and female items all in the same draws.
    My wife doesn't bat an eyelid if/when she is doing the laundry, she knows exactly where my clothes go

some are in a box in the garage, some are hidden under the couch.

I keep mine in a box in the attic, under other boxes. I'm the only one who ever goes up there.
    Kristen
    "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK..."

Although my wife accepts the fact that I wear pantyhose on a daily basis (that's as far as my crossdressing goes, except for some rare occasions when I am completely alone at home and I wear her clothes and make-up), I keep my pantyhose in a bag in my closet. It's not hiding (after all I hang them to dry every day, where she can see them), it's just not keeping her in front of her eyes, as she still finds it kinda weird.

I have panties and thigh highs in my underwear drawer. My wife knows about the panties and tolerates them. I don't have anything else to wear or hide (yet?)

I keep some items in a locked firesafe and the rest are either in or on top of a large sack that I store my bandana collection in. When company comes over I toss everything in the sack, shake it up a bit, and cover it with a bathrobe. Since no one has a good reason to be in my room, they shouldn't get the chance to see my bag, and if they do, its covered by my robe. Since I'm a bit messy, no one would think twice about a discarded robe lying on a pile of stuff.

In totes I put in the false ceiling in the basement.

40 years ago I had a couple of dresses that I kept in a cardboard box in the garage. Eventually this expanded to heels in shoe boxes on the floor of my closet and the unmentionables tucked into the back of a dresser drawer.

Now that no kids are living in the house, I currently have one of the bedrooms in the house entirely for my sewing and dressing. A closetful of dresses, often with the door wide open, and a dresser dedicated to my girl things. I also use a couple of drawers in the guest bath for nail polish and makeup.

My wife knows, hates it, but avoids looking at these places.

My wife knows all about my dressing up so I keep all my bra's , panties and pantyhose in one draw in my dresser. My cami in another and the rest hanging up in the closet !!!

I have nothing but a few pairs of pantyhose for chilly days and 2 pairs of thigh highs. My wife is always into everything, so there is no safe place to hide anything in the house.

Before my wife discovered my stash, I kept my clothes in an athletic bag in the basement. Very useful to take everything with when I traveled for work. My wife found my bag when she was looking for painting tools while I was at work. That day was SCARY. She called me at work and said that she was preparing to paint and she needed to talk to me about something very important, and she would not elaborate. I knew I was outed. Now, I keep things in the bottom drawer of my dresser and in the closet in a bin.

I keep most in a bag that I keep in my car trunk. Some cotton panties I have left in the laundry and have ended back with my things . No questions .. mostly I keep it close by , so l can take advantage of the times when no one is home..

Keep mine in one of those lingerie organizers on a shelf in our walk-in closet. Thats where my panties, bras, stockings, and belts hang out. I have a French maid dress that just hangs with all my other (guy) clothes. Stilettos on the floor.

The Mrs. knows about it so there are no issues

Be Kind, Generous & Safe DonnaCD68's Avatar
    Dresses and those items needing to be kept wrinkle free are hung in the closet, right next to my drab clothing. All are sorted by tops/ skirts and dresses very orderly. Panties and bra's are each in bins on the shelf, along with body shaping wear. Make up kit , nails and such are on the same shelf. Purses are stored in a file cabinet drawer with all my accessories (Earrings, rings, necklaces) in one large purse. Everything is within an arm reach in the closet.
    I don't break hearts.......I melt them !!

I have a roommate, but things are pretty safe in my room as he never goes in there. My panties are in the drawer with my boxers, hosiery with my regular socks, all my bras, skirts, pants are in their own drawer and I have all my tops and dresses hung up in the closet and my shoes in the closet as well . I miss living by myself though, it was nice to be able to just leave my girly stuff lying around without having to make sure it was all hidden. I especially miss it now that I'm doing full make up and have a wig. It'd be so nice to have a drawer in my bathroom for make up and be able to keep my wig out on a holder or something. But for now I have my make up and wig under my bed.

I have a lock box as well. I keep it in the house in a closet. The wife knows what's in it, but pretends not to know. There are times when there is no room and I have to pick items to get rid of. I keep shoes in the garage.

Hi when i started dressing again last year i kept the few things i had in the compartments in the car but as my collection has grown i started using a padlocked suitcase in the loft i now have 3 suitcases jammed packed haha and i now keep them in a cupboard i have in work that only i have access to xxxx hugs love and kisses Paige

I would never tell. But please don't go up into the attic and look for that loose piece of plywood flooring over by rhe AC unit and if you do find that piece of flooring, don't pull it up and look in any of the bags there. Particularly the ones with the big red VF symbol.

Aspiring Member
    In a rented heated/cooled storage unit fairly close to work, but not close to my house. Wife and daughter are nosy and intolerant of Abby. Both know about Abby, having found my stash when snooping through the closet in my home office. After that, wife announced that she did not want to find any trace of my stash or there would be trouble, the next time permanent trouble.

So I moved my things to a rented storage unit. I built a rack from 2x4s and electrical conduit for the stuff on hangers. I bought a cheap bookcase unit for the jewelry box, the hosiery box, purses, the makeup, 8x10 photos of Abby, the books and recording media. Abby's wigs are on "heads" atop the bookcase unit. Her shoes are in shoe racks hung on the walls and her lingerie and swimwear are on a rod-mounted lingerie rack. There is a full length mirror on a stand in the middle of the storage unit.

I keep a bathroom style rug on the floor to muffle the clicking if Abby's heels and to keep my feet off the cold concrete floor. The unit is adjacent to a large display window that the storage company uses for advertising day and night. This provides the unit with indirect light 24 hours a day, but the unit is still very private. I can come and go easily, dressing either to,stay in or to go out.

The door is a roll up type, so I can unlock the unit, rehang the lock to look secure, then roll the door back down while I am inside. It works well; it even fooled the manager a while ago. Wife does not know about it. She only knows that she has not seen a trace of Abby's stuff in more than a dozen years. Fifty bucks a month gets paid by automatic deduction from a separate credit card account with online billing that I use for my business travel ( and Abby's shopping).

I learned to be discreet when growing up with a nosy Mom and three nosy sisters. I foolishly trusted my wife to respect my privacy, but I only made that mistake once. There will be hell to pay if she ever finds out. She thought she ordered a purge when she yelled that she never wants to see my stuff again. I took her at her word. It has worked for a dozen years.

I used to keep them in a bag but will now make room in my closet and dresser.

In one of the large drawers under my bed, usually under a layer of towels just to be sure