Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: where do you keep your clothes

Banned Read only
    My wife knows of my cross dressing, but, is not supportive-DADT. I really do not hide my garments. Our house is small and there's not too much closet space. I keep my garments in sixteen Xerox boxes stacked in the converted garage. The boxes are stacked in plain sight. There is also a large box of my original slip collection in my nightstand. There is another two boxes above the hot water heater in storage. My wife has no idea of the amount of garments I have, but, that's her choice in our DADT.

In a set of drawers underneath my paperwork, which for sure my gf wouldn't be interested.

My male clothes are in the guest room. All of my "real" clothes are hanging in my closet. Tops on the left, pants in the middle, skirts/dresses on the right. Rest of the clothes are separated in drawers. Lingerie; bras/panties; socks/hosiery; capris/shorts; t-shirts; sweaters. Shoes are in the bottom of the closet.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I had to stay at my moms house for several months back when
    I was younger. I kept a smallish travel case packed and would
    take a local bus to the other side of town about once a week and
    rent a nice hotel room for a night or two.

That kept any 'leaving-anything-overlooked' accidents from happening
    and my body sprays from being noticed.

I think my mom would've been fine with it, but she had a bad habit
    of telling anything she knew to her sisters. Who would have
    broadcast it to the world within minutes....;-)

I have a lock-able chest which I keep all my undergarments in. Panties, bras, skirts, and stuff that doesn't hang up. I keep all of my shirts, dresses, and tanktops in the back of my closet under a large leather jacket and my graduation gown. No one looks through my stuff, but if someone asked about it, I'd come up with an excuse. The underwear would be difficult to explain, thus its locked up. Lol.

Since I live alone mine are in the closet and dresser drawers where they belong.

Smile hidden treasures in my universe

I am like steffanie47. I have a nice selection in the drawer under my side of the bed. that is what the so knows about as she discovered it some time back. In there is a selection of panties, bras, tops, skirts and dresses. and is pretty much my 'go to' stash.
    Under my desk in my office, there is a very large duffle bag that is litterally straining at its zippers with all my shoes, tops, skirts, wigs, make up, sleepwear (for when the wife leaves for the grandkids), and still more panties, bras etc. this is not known to her, as is the large locked trunk out in the shed in the back yard.
    There, are the off season outfits, shoes, shapewear and clothes that i used to wear when I was a bit smaller. Like steffanie said. dadt. If circumstances were different, I would have all my dresses and skirts hanging up in my office.

I'm renting Batmans old cave so when I want to dress I slide down the pole and...
    lol.

Actually I rent a storage locker.
    "Missed it by that much!"

I live alone, so I use my dresser and closet. Hi, I'm a new member!

Since my wife supports me, even though she is not thrilled with me dressing, I don't have to hide my clothes. My panties are in with what couple pair of men's underwear I have. All my other lingerie is in it's own separate dresser. My long nightgowns, my one dress, my one pair of high heels and my one pair of flats are in a small closet.

Dresser/Closet:

Left: Hers
    Right: His

I'm lucky to have my wife support me. I'm sad for those of you who have to hide
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

As a CD who's partially closeted (my parents and work don't know), I have all my clothes in a walk-in closet.. that can be "sealed" in the case my parents/family drop by.. like last weekend example.

Before that, I used to live in a student house.. and every room had one small wardrobe that you could lock. I didn't have much back in the days, so everything I owned pretty much fit in there.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Sorry, I keep my clothes in my closet. I had to separate all my clothes form my wife's because they all looked exactly the same (because, duh, she gave me most of them) and put them in another closet which happens to be in my studio. I'm happy with this arrangement because I keep my clothes in a much more organized fashion than she does which is just as well. I change my clothes 3-6 times a day. She, being pretty much a normal person, only changes hers once or twice. She doesn't need to be as precise as I am, not being as nutty about having exactly the right outfit for the day as I do! I am sorry you have to hide. I'd like to suggest that you stop but I understand how very difficult this is and I hope that at some time in the future you will be able to be a bit more open about it. But, you know, YMMV.

I'm single, so I don't really need to hide my clothes, but I nevertheless keep them away, in the case I would get some visitors. Hence, I keep them in the innermost section of my walk in closet. Whenever I get some visitors staying for a few days, or in the event I'm dating someone, I make sure to put my clothes in a couple of locked suitcases.

Addendum: For a short while, when I was younger, I put some clothes in a plastic bag, which I then put through the vent into a huge bass reflex speaker I had in my room. For the sound perfectionist, I can tell the sound was still great. :-)

/Bima
    Last edited by Bima; 03-11-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Added addendum

Like you, I keep things in the garage. This is normally not a problem except in the winter. My goodness those forms can get cold!

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    In a previous life (with first wife) I kept my things in the garage loft and in the house attic. Both places were nearly impossible for my then wife to fit into. In fact the attic was the best place as she could not phyiscally fit through the opening.

That is only partly a statement about her as you had to secure a ladder to the steps into the house, take screws out of a screened baffle to the attic, and then while on the ladder work yourself through an opening next to the breezeway ceiling about 12 off the floor. BTW, the opening is about 11 inches wide by 15 inches high. If I have on my forms and hips I'm not sure I could get in there.

Junior Member Kristina_nolagirl's Avatar
    New Orleans and San Francisco a few times a year. Also travel the US.
    When I first started "collecting" I used an ice chest.

I've come a long way and now I have insulated, sheetrocked and added an a/c vent to a walk in attic closet and made it my dressing room. It's great! I built a cabinet for wigs and a vanity drawer for my makeup with a mirror and bright vanity lights. It keeps all my stuff stored neatly. Me and my wife like to fixup and sell our homes, but I'm having trouble letting this one go because of my closet!
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinanolagirl/

Better get busy living, or you get busy dying.

My stash is in a cargo carrier, designed to strapped to the roof of a car, in my attic. Within in are several garment carriers and various totes.

I used to hide my stuff in my military bags with all of my old uniforms and gear. I learned my wife never looked in those bags so I bought another one and used it exclusively for Susan. I have since come out to my wife and don't have to hide it anywhere anymore.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm single so in the closet and the dressers.

In the attic over the garage in a plastic bin. Not very convenient when you only have limited time.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i find this thread so interesting cause some of us dont have super privacy...and the unique hidding spots to me are so cool...I thought mine was good...but an old spaeker box? thats great ! And an old amunition box? NOBODY is going to look in there. Hiding in plain site...I realized as I look around my room...there is lots of stuff hidden like that too..I live back at home for now and have a tiny room in a tiny condo...not much space at all...so I have to be real crafty and its cool to see others got some real unique places. ..

There are some good ones on here I do have to agree.I have a job box full and the problem is I like heels. I'm running out of room!

Mostly in a large plastic bin in the closet. My male work shirts hang above them. I hide a few items simply behind a pair of khakis on hangers. Other items are in drawers. I'll toss a pair of cargo shorts on top of the box for my breastforms in the bottom drawer of a dresser when guests come over.

The thing is...if you look like you're hiding something, people will suspect. You don't have to put too much effort into hiding if a quick glance shows what the average person expects to see.

Most people are polite enough not to rummage through your things.

It's relatives...those are the tricky ones. No tact.

This thread brings back memories. There was a similar thread back in early 2006. Back then I had a small selection of CD attire, which I used to keep in my lawnmower catcher in my garden shed (not the garage where my avatar was taken). That was prior to coming out to my SO. Needless to say, I was somewhat outed when my SO allowed her brother to loan the lawnmower when I was out of town. The upshot is that now I keep mine in my wardrobe hanging alongside my drab clothes. The odd thing is the CD clothing now doubles the drab clothing and is much newer. The only stuff I hide nowadays is the make up and favourite tops, as I quickly learned that with acceptance comes the price of others using up all the good (and expensive) stuff!