Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mover or sitter?

Mover or sitter?

This is mostly for those who go out to clubs en femme and interact with others but anyone may comment. When you go to a CD friendly (or any) club do you just sit there like a wall flower or interact with others and have fun? I started doing that when I came out long ago but it got old pretty fast just sitting there drinking at the bar or table. I soon found my dancing shoes and learned to swing the booty. Now I can't see going into a club without dancing and socializing. When I dance I kind of echo Shania Twain's song, "Feel like a woman". In fact that is one of my favorites to dance to along with Pat Benatar's "Hit me with your best shot" So, how do you fare with regard to this and do you have fun?
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 03-11-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am a sitter as I have two left feet

Platinum Member
    Definitely a sitter. I never have liked to dance. The music is NOT in me.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    There are a lot of interesting people out there. A lot of really nice and accepting people. And a lot of wounded people. I like to interact and give out hugs as needed. It is nothing more than a fellow traveler understanding another's need for kindness. This has no bearing on what I am wearing.

I do not like to dance just flailing around. So I talked my SO in to learning how to ballroom dance. It took many years to talk her in to that. I can swing her around and she can not contain her joy as her smile is from ear to ear. I like that.

But the odd thing is I don't mind the fanny wiggling and flowing movements of the flailing "dancing" when enfemme. No fantasies about men, though.

I am a member of The Grand Rapids Crossdresser Social Group, "Grand Illusions" and when we go to a club we socialize with each other. But the odd thing is other, non CDer people are, for some reason, interacting with us. The women compliment our outfits, shoes, nail color. I have had young guys in the company of accepting young women, young guys who have also been quite accepting. They have also been quite social. No negative experiences after almost a year and a half.

So the short answer (sorry) is interacting, socializing, and dancing.

Get OUT! Have FUN! Find a group. Experience your dreams. It is all out there and possible. If you start with the first step.
    Billie

Depends on the place and my mood. Sometimes a wall flower and others time the social butterfly.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    can I be both ??? LOL...I will usually start out near the bar ( obviously ).. and have a few drinks to get comfy, I am always still a little shy at first..I will feel out the room and the energy, see whats goin on......once my hips get moving its a different story...dancing is one of my favorite things to do! Either out or at home when nobody is watching

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    You nailed it with the term wallflower. Even in male mode I am always shy and ackward meeting new people and dancing was never my strong point. I can sit and enjoy everything that goes on around me.
    Erica

I do like to shaky my booty even if I'm not much of a dancer. My musical tastes lie more in the areas of metal, rock, blues, jazz music (mainly guitar).. but give me good beat and I will try to dance!

Thing is.. I also love to chat.. and talk and listen to others.. preferably with drink in my hand! So yeah.. a bit of both!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    But the odd thing is I don't mind the fanny wiggling and flowing movements of the flailing "dancing" when enfemme. No fantasies about men, though.
    Same for me Billie - with just one adjustment.... I ONLY like to dance, flailing around... It's not too dangerous in the home environment though, generally the kitchen, and I am getting better at constraining my wild side...

And yes - I'd love to get out one day...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I am more into S&M...I stand and model
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

As Katey said, sometimes it's hard to restrain myself. I sometimes find myself while going down the aisles in the grocery store rocking out to the 60's, 70's and 80's music they play.

I'm a sitter, no dancing here, but I'm not a wallflower. I occasionally meet others in a CD meetup for drinks, dinner, etc, and we always have a lot of good conversation.
    Stephanie

I have another bit of motivation for my moving on the dance floor. I guess deep in the back of my mind I figure... How can "they" bounce if I don't move around? Guess there is a subtle reason for everything.

I have yet to see if a club would find me on the dance floor as Kacey.
    In my life though I've wallflowered way too much..
    I mean, I know I can dance. I grew up square dancing, polka, waltzes, some round dancing from age ...single digit somewhere up to 18. (My grandpa was a caller - and later I played drums for the band then during it...heck even I still can fully remember and could call a couple myself). Heh..could probably even put on a flapper outfit and do a Charleston (mom taught/did that when I was young. I've ballroom danced a couple times with some from a SCA group (Renaissance recreation).
    Not sure what happened tho...once out of the house on my own I got more and more solitary and antisocial I guess. Over last 20 years on the rare times I'd get out with my mom and her friend to a country dance-I just sat drinking the beer and listening to the music. I DJ'ed some and was involved with dance and disco music...but stopped the dancing. 10 years ago I was best man at a wedding and danced a bit there (especially as I had to with the matron of honor). But missed out on a good thing I guess.. Was too socially inept to realize both enjoyed it-and to see her interest too I guess. Even her parents thought we were a good couple. But after the dance or 2 I went back to wallflower mode and that was it.

In some aspects Kacey has helped me push thru a lot of boundaries...and I guess since it's gotten kind of later in life (49 in Jul) I've just kind of shifted to a 'to heck with it' attitude and barrel forward with plowing thru a lot of 'scary stuff' (fears, cares about what others think, etc). So we'll see what happens at a club sometime.

Besides... R-Arthritis runs high in the family (and is already showing). Better get my groove on while I still can
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

If I were to get up and dance it would have to be at the comedy club because it would be pure comedy. Thus I'm a sitter, but love meeting and taking to people and often start the conversation.

I was a great mover and shaker once.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I go to a nightclub in Syracuse called Trexx. The place is great. Drag shows every night! So, the place is naturally very accepting of cd's and I always have a great time with my friends dancing around. I've even grinded on some men (for the old folk, grinding is that new age butt to genitals dancing the kids are doing these days). It is always a great time!
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

I'd like to be a mover but first I'll need a sitter. Any takers? I'll pay $6 an hour and you can eat whatever you find in the fridge...
    My blog www.transcriptsblog.wordpress.com
    Twitter: @transgirl_Jenn

I am the kind that socializes easily. I will find a busy table and 10 minutes later have 8 new, albeit temporary friends.
    Dancing - well - I've been compared unfavorably to a spastic spider monkey. I'm working on it, but realistically, a couple hours of self study per month isn't going to make me much better.

Best wishes
    MsVal

when it comes to dancing, I'm pretty much like Elaine Benes

I'd walk around and interact, and also get in a few games of pool.

However, I never learned to dance, and since the dance floor was one level up, didn't worry about anyone asking me to dance.
    DonnaT

I am shy, and don't always mix as I really want to. I enjoy getting on the dance floor, got over that I can't really dance.
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Many times I just make it up as I go along Algoma.

I was a shrinking violet at first, and being a naturally shy person it's still hard for me to initiate interaction, but I respond well to overtures and luv to dance.

I love dancing and gyrating around and trying all the moves but only in my man cave when I'm dressed. Funny I have never been to a club dressed but in male mode my wife and I love dancing. I do love getting all dressed up at home plugging in the old electric guitar and playing some great old sixties songs. I have some big forms that just seem to bounce and love how they feel in the cut out on top of the guitar. When I used to play some with a band all in male mode I would always dance some in the breaks. Music is a something I enjoy and can get lost in just like the dressing. For some odd reason I love playing my guitar in sexy high heels and short skirts... Dressed in full.