Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I do't understand the height thing

Platinum Member
    It feels a bit different from my vantage point...6'2" barefoot. I have met a few women my height, not many. I do not let it deter me from getting out, but I must admit feeling awfully conspicuous among a group of women 5'5" and under.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, and it's a hoot when I'm out with a couple of friends who are both six footers. Together we look fine as long as we are not near any other ladies!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I am 5'10'' and Hispanic and usually taller than most of my friends and relatives sometimes I wish being shorter

I think it depends on where you live.. I'm 1.71 metres (or 5 ft. 7 ish).. so in the Netherlands.. that makes a relatively short guy.. and an about average height woman.

But when I was out and about in Tokyo... even I felt like a giant.. and then it's quite difficult not feeling like you're standing out.

So I completely understand the feelings of my sisters who are above 6 feet.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

For while there are women who are six four, there simply aren't enough of them for me to blend into a crowd of them. I'm always going to be the one head sticking up. That invites attention, no matter what else we do, and attention is the enemy of blending in.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Here's something to understand about heels. No matter how high of a heel you wear, they will only add around 3 inches to your height. As the heel gets higher, the foot moves forward after the initial rise in height. Of course platforms add their platform height plus the 3 inches.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I'm 6'1" without shoes on...but if I ever do get out...(maybe)
    I'll consider it an advantage.

Very tall and slim...may be a distraction from "lack of pretty"!

I hope it works like that anyways...

In the USA - avg male height - 5' 10.5" - avg female height - 5' 5"

In the UK - avg male height - 5' 10" - avg female height - 5' 4.5"

(Proving, incidentally, once again that everything in the USA is bigger than the UK... )

These stats will be skewed for exactly where you live in each country, ethnicity, socioeconomic ranking, etc. Without generalising too much members here tend towards areas that would support a slightly higher local average, so while 6' females may not be unusual, they are certainly above average, and a tallish female in heels, say 5' 8" + 4" would tower over me... Nice thought...

Anyway - just to bring everyone back to the ground - the average will always be just that - and some folk will be self conscious and some won't. If I ever go out here in modest heels, I'll still be above average for a female or male... and probably massively self-conscious for that and a host of other reasons.. Advantage to us shorter girls is that it probably is just a little easier to blend and go unremarked.. We've all got to get on with it one way or another...

I'd still love to go out blonde and dressed in Tokyo...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Well I guess at 5'6" that puts me south of average for a male and just slightly north of average for a woman.

Hugs

Isha

I'm 5'2 but I don't let that stop me!

Luckily Dutch women are huge, so in terms of height I blend in easily, but it's not like height is the only tell. I'd worry about not looking like a dude in a dress before I'd worry about my height.

I seem to be holding at 5'9", I always wear heels, 2-3 inch, otherwise i seem to feel out of proportion to the rest of my body. I still am under the 6' mark, which in most cases is enough to blend in locally. I never considered height a problem, I have a harder time keeping my weight at the right level.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    As I like to say - Height will get you noticed. What you do with the attention is up to you.

Reality Check
    True, there are some 6 foot tall women but they are slimmer than most tall men and their shoulders are not as broad. Also, as GGs, they have nothing to hide.

Most genetic women adjust their wardrobe to suit their bodies. It's something crossdressers should consider.

hi im 6ft 2in and daugther is 6ft 1 in

I'm 5'6 and normally wear 4-5" heels... So I guess I stand closer to 5'10_5'11 so I probably standout out in them. But usually any girl in higher heels will stand out... Hard to notice. For the record... I wish I could be taller for both girl and guy mode... Long legs on a girl are amazing to look at!

To me the big thing about height is that if you are over 6 feet and dressed as a woman it will get you noticed, which can be good or bad depending on whether you want to draw attention. The second thing is that it can be hard to find clothes and shoes when you are real tall.

I am 5'5.5" so I am a little taller than the average woman, so my height is not going to draw extra attention. For me my goal is to not attract attention and blend in as well as possible.

When I was young I wanted to be taller, but now I am glad I am not so tall. If anything I might like to be an inch or two shorter.

A 6' woman will certainly get attention. You just dont meet them very often.
    Im 6'3" and dont get too much attention whilst sat down but stand up and that changes.
    Audreyinalbany why dont you get some big platforms to take you well over 6' and see how much more attention you get ?