Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pantyhose or stockings?

Pantyhose or stockings?

Hi Girls,

I have always called them tights but I much prefer the term Pantyhose (with a 'y')
    Yes, I have to admit ( I sidetrack for a moment) I LOVE the Open Bottom Girdle with Suspenders. The very sound of this fabulous garment makes me go funny inside.
    Which brings me back to my original question. In my opinion stockings are beautiful only if the are supported properly and for me I just love the Girdle because I get this wonderful feeling of each stocking being lifted up my thighs. The fact that the stocking top remains taught is wonderful especially when rising from a sitting position.
    On the other hand the feeling I get from wearing a good pair of sheer Pantyhose ( I hate them when they are too small) is also gorgeous.
    Guess it has to be the Girdle that wins out in the end: very sexy!

Luv

Susan.

Love to wear either pantyhose or stockings. A OBG or good 6 drop garter belt will always hold up your stockings nicely. Also the quailty of the stockings makes a difference.

I love the feel of pantyhose but agree that stockings with suspender, girdle or cincher is sooooo sexy to look at.
    Davine.

Pantyhose only, for me. How can you wear a really short dress without pantyhose? Without the invention of pantyhose, they never would've invented the miniskirt.

Hi Susan,
    I think stockings are more sexy, but I love pantyhose, I just like the feeling of them gripping me, especially when I walk.

Linda.

If you have the proper fitting pantyhose, they will feel great because they fit great, too small and they pull down, too large and the fall down and bunch, either way very uncomfortable. Read the packages, stay true to your size, when in doubt, go up a size and watch for spandex/lycra blends and you will be in sheer heaven.

I love the way they remind me I am wearing them every time I move a leg and feel the fabric brush against the hose.

And, yes they are oh, so feminine.

Julia

I've never found a good pair of tights that are comfy yet...... I like the sheer tights (cant stand stockings) but I can never find any that fit well....
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I prefer pantyhose. I love the feeling of being totally encased in the nylon. It reminds me all the time what I am wearing.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Pantyhose are what got me started on cd. My wife prefers stockings and always encouraged me to try a pair which I recently did and I [I]loved[I] them so though it may be a phase stockings are all I'm wearing these days.

pantyhose or stockings

I much prefer to wear either thigh highs or gartered stockings. My love for nylons began back when there were no pantyhose and I totally enjoyed the supersheer, glassy feel on my legs from all nylon stockings. I find limited quality stocking selections from either a color super sheerness standpoint in retail stores, but have considered purchasing on line from the stocking specialty outlets.
    Mostly, I find that there is a reasonable availabilty of better quality thigh highs at retail stores these days. Color choice seems still a little thin for my tastes of brown/tan shades, but the black shades are absolutely wonderful when I do wear that color.

Pantyhose so far are still a second choice unless they are Hanes Silk Reflections.
    The bottom line is that stockings are the most essential piece in whatever outfit I wear. I do not like the feel of bare legs, especially in the winter.
    Gretchen

Tamara : I just read your post and thought you might like me to reccommend a site for nice tights that feel sexy to wear and comfy. Go to www.mytights.com and then look to the left for a brand name called " Levante " I have had several pairs and absolutely love them. Silky, comfortable and have a nice sheen too ! Your friend Jim ( CD ) zillo68@optonline.net

Pink Satin Sissy Pink Satin Sissy's Avatar
    Thigh highs with back seam and garter! So SEXY!

Pink
    Pink Satin Sissy

Quote Originally Posted by JimLovesHotPink
    Tamara : I just read your post and thought you might like me to reccommend a site for nice tights that feel sexy to wear and comfy. Go to www.mytights.com
    Thanks Jim, I'll check them out and let you know if I purchase any and welcome to the forum
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG
    I've never found a good pair of tights that are comfy yet...... I like the sheer tights (cant stand stockings) but I can never find any that fit well....
    Hmmm.... that's too bad but looks like you got a good suggestion, yes i have had good pairs and not as good of pairs (even from the same manf.) but i guess that's life, won't stop me from wearing
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

I always wear pantyhose. I don't have a whole lot of experience with stockings, although I'd like to get some. But pantyhose helps keep the bits in place, and that's pretty convenient. Warmer, too.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    I needed sheer black hose to wear with a cocktail dress. Macy's had a poor selection of sheer hose in size B that day. After several frustrating minutes of seaching I finally located a pair. Got home and found that they were thigh-high stockings. Arg! Hate them.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole

I love garter with stocking, but it also depends on what I am wearing to concider putting on pantyhose I love them too. for each its own.

(curtsey)

Definitely stockings for this retro-girl. i use a bustier or garter belt to hold them up. I have a short skirt and a short petticoat that show a lot of my ruffled panties and garter straps peeking out. i love to wear it.

(curtsey)

-sissy s.

Stockings only with a girdle for this old-fashioned girl. For some reason, I never did care for pantyhose very much, although I have tried them.

I'm another garter girl, love my stockings and open bottom girdle/briefer or corset.

I wear pantyhose only rarely, then usually a nude support pair under my black, pink, or red fishnet pantyhose.

Jadeanne

I, like most, love both....but pamtyhose for me wins this race....give me pantyhose or give me death.....I always say...

It's most likely the way I'm built. I don't have any hips so trying to wear a pair of pantyhose is a constant struggle for me.

I, like Gretchen, began my love affair for ladies leg wear with stockings and still enjoy them today. Being as old as I am, it's also difficult to put pantyhose on. The old joints don't bend like they used to.

Really enjoy stockings.

sheer,fully fashioned stockings and a firm girdle/garter belt.... bliss!!

Pantyhose by far for me. The feeling of being encased from the waist down in nylon is a thrill. No matter the color, but beige/suntan seems to be my favorite.

-Jordan

re pantyhose

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG
    hi tamara
    like you i dont care for pantyhose or garterbelts for that matter i find for complete freedom a nice pair of "stayups" cant be beaten lol elle