Thread: Frustrating work clothes

Frustrating work clothes

After polishing nails and shaving legs for the first time last night and then my flat mate going out giving me the chance for a quick dress up it is frustrating to now be sat at work in grotty work clothes.

Platinum Member
    It's fun dressing up , But the bills still have to be paid.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I know, I'm just having a moan x

Time to start slipping in a few subtle changes though I think.

I manage to fit girl clothes into my daily life. You can too!
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

It's fun dressing up , But the bills still have to be paid.
    I manage to fit girl clothes into my daily life. You can too!
    I wear clean work clothes, it does make me feel better and helps with any promotion that may come along.... Only dreaming now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know the feeling.
    I no longer 'work' for a living (i'm retired), but I do do voluntary work in the community.
    The kit / uniform is universal (male), even the women wear the same as the men for practical reasons. We all look the same. We all wear the same footwear (walking/hiking boots). The only thing you can vary is what is underneath, so occasionally it's 'knickers', but otherwise drab.

I have to wear a uniform of black trousers and shoes, and a purple shirt and tie. Still nothing to say what style of shoe, what's underneath or perhaps a nice cardigan and some discreet jewellery.

Unless I all of a sudden develop the nerve to wear the same as everyone else in the office (4 girls under 34) I do daydream about that quite often lol .

I work in a very small male organization in the Bible belt where if I were to be "Outed" so to speak it would be devastating to my career, regardless of the company's diversity / inclusion policies. to make it a little harder it's also a sometimes more admin sometimes industrial job so the truth is that even wearing a bra or camisole etc underneath is really playing with fire. Not that I haven't but that pretty much limits it to panties and maybe tights on a cold day and maybe pushing it with a stretchy sports bra on a cold day where there's no trace. But the pay supports the family so I count my blessings and to do anything else would be rather selfish :-)

Treat it as a means to an end, Tami Sometimes anticipation can be as much fun again as actually doing it...

And it's good advice from Ms Alexis that I'd echo - be prudent about how you carry this into the world of muggles - this place can make you feel that everyone out there will be just as understanding... not a hope...

Prudence, is becoming one of my favourite words here...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Thanks. I'm not seriously considering turning up tomorrow in a frock. A girl can dream though.

I know, I work in a professional environment which means slacks dress short and tie every day. I wish I could come to work in a skirt, blouse and heels.

BrittanyI, It would be great wouldn't it . Still at least thinking about it killed a couple of hours for me this evening xx

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    A pair of pretty panties, a brightly colored pedicure, and a nice camisole underneath my work clothes always makes me smile!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I used to hate my work uniform so on Fridays I would wear jeans just to piss management off.
    Came into work after my first truck run and the female dispatcher said you are out of uniform.
    I said so what the other guys do it all the time but I can't?
    She looked and said turn around so I did and she said those are girls jeans!!!
    I said well at least they make my ass look good huh?.
    She laughed and said go hook up to your second load and hit the road smart ass.
    Needless to say everybody was talking after that but I didn't care.

Gone to live my life
    Being in the military, I don't really hate my work clothes (combat fatigues) and the best part is they are the same clothes the women wear. Since the gals cannot wear nail polish or make-up with their combats and have to put their hair up, then I don't feel so bad wearing mine.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It would be cool to do a photo shoot in BDU's sometime just for fun.

I have to wear a special flame retardant uniform at work, and in the winter time many layers just to stay warm. Now I am also shaved smooth from my neck down, so I have had some odd looks in the locker room. I wear womans jeans, top and sneekers to work every day, as well as plain white cotton panties that can pass as mens briefs. Now while changing, ill wear womans sweatshirts and fleece pants under my uniform. I change in a locker room every day and have had no problems since I pick mostly dark colors for the sweats I wear under my uniform. The only thing I would never think of wearing to work is a bra or cami, that would be asking for trouble in my job. Also, as stated before, the women who work with me have to wear the same uniforms and work boots, so its not that bad for the time I am there.

Banned Read only
    even though my job I have to dress conservatively male, I always try to at least wear something under and for the commute home. Panties and pantyhose almost daily. I like the cami idea. I've never worn anything under my shirts before. I work in such a guy culture though, they often slap us on the backs as we talk and get great things accomplished. A little lace might be more noticeable than I want

Interesting thoughts from people. Will be thinking of you all whilst at work tomorrow x

Hi Tami, yep I no the feeling, I work in an office and often wish I was sat there in a skirt and blouse. I do wear knickers under my clothes every other day, and some times stockings. Stockings are great because you can put your socks over the bottom of them, and when you bend over, their only at your thighs so no one will ever see them

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea my ASTRONAUT suit needs some lace trim or something ....I just dont feel femme while taking rock samples on the moon...

Adriana xx very funny.

Hey Dani, yes I've been doing that quite a lot and even ditched the socks the other day x
    Last edited by Katey888; 03-21-2014 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit to add to existing post rather than post again..

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    yea my ASTRONAUT suit needs some lace trim or something ....I just dont feel femme while taking rock samples on the moon...
    I've heard the moon is kind of an empty place, so I don't think anyone would notice... and even if they do, no one would believe a guy saying "I saw a crossdresser on the moon the other day".

I'm stealing that line x

Hi.

Work clothes oh i dont know i dont mind bets getting my skirts and other clothes wrecked over alls they'r okay and shorts and a tee top, sun hat , i mean im quite happy wearing them.

Today i was in uniform dressed for our Oamaru Garrison Brass band 19 of us in public yes i enjoy that, and i had another lady take a few photos of us and im quite pleased how they look, oh we were recorded and filmed as well had a good number of people come and listen and lots of photos taken of us,

For myself i can wear ether my trousers or my skit depends on what band im playing for, the uniform is quite nice and im proud to wear it, the other band is the Sallys and thats the one ill wear my skirt,

Was a lovely day and was good to be out ,

...noeleena...