Thread: do things change when you have alone time?

do things change when you have alone time?

My wife went on an extended trip last week. She was with her girlfriend who was having some medical procedures done. this left me with a LOT of time as Marsha. Yes, at first, everything needed to be dragged out, and tried on. but with the knowledge that there was no interruption coming, I quickly settled down and my mind set changed to one of wonderful quiet and relaxation.
    I was able to let Marsha out with no restrictions per say, and just enjoy letting her free. The 'fashion show' stopped, her focus changed to 'being' , and she enjoyed the next couple of days (and nights) just living.
    i know that all of you that are full time will just go, ya thats normal, but i want to know what gals like me think, parttime, in the closet. etc. does your mind set change when you have extended time with no chance of interruption?

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Yes it does but like Cinderella, I have a time table too.
    Unlike her, mine is facial that grows back.
    6 or 7 sevens hours when Lon Chaney Jr. starts to howl

Surprising things can happen when you have unrestricted "girl time".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    absolutely it changes for me. I used to be able to dress everyday from 8 am - 330 pm till the kids came home and it was wonderful! No pressure till the alarm went off at 320 to pack up and change. Since being talked back in to going back to work, my time to dress has been very limited to a handful of work from home days and dressed while driving home albeit it's only the waist down for the commute (skirt and heels).

When I do get to work from home, the hardest part is what dress, skirt, heels, color pantyhose, etc to wear that day. You want it to be the best day ever even if you are still answering emails, conference calls and spreadsheets all day. I'd rather do that everyday in a dress and heels than in an office in khaki's and a button down dress shirt. Plus, I can't feel my hair on my shoulders when at the office because they may not like the wig I wear, lol

When you are alone with your thoughts it becomes a relaxing activity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I have enough time to dress I don't shop nearly as much. It also settles down and I realize that while I enjoy being a girl I don't want to be one full time.

Silver Member
    It is always great therapy to have un-interrupted moments, no matter how long or short, to express your feminine side! Enjoy.

Having prolonged time allows the fear of discovery via early return to dissipate. You also have the chance to try things that take longer to undo. Sometimes just trying something once is all that was needed to satisfy that urge. You can settle in to just enjoy the experiences and not rush to get as much in as possible when you have only a short, unclear time.

Banned Read only
    In the past I had some opportunities to be totally en femme 24/7 for up to ten days. I did haul out a lot of my dresses and hung them in the closet, lined up my heels, put undies and bras in a draw. I found my activities to be very fluid- get dressed and stayed that way the entire day. I found I usually forgot I was en femme because it was so natural. As a retiree I do get up to seven hours a weekday for Stephanie time. Being able to freely dress within that restriction I find I dress less.

Marsha, I'll let you know if I ever get longer than a few hours...

I'm sure what you have described would be true for me too... I get some of that feeling even in a very short time.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I'm better dressed, more relaxed, but still doing house chores or projects as I would normally, although having an external front entrance garage/workshop limits me to leggings and t-shirt when on the tools. Shopping either at the mall or hardware or taking the car to mechanics etc, is always better when properly dressed and owning the look, otherwise it's another boring outing
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes Marsha without a doubt I do that, it's crazy because if I was not married to one who does not accept I actually don't think I would be that way but yeah when I know there is no chance of the interruption Leigh rules the house, well mostly

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yes it does...it happened again to me today...it seems if i have the whole house to myself for weeks on end (mom goes away alot) i will dress the whole time, and be completely more relaxed and free. Today I had a few hours, and all i wanted to do was makeup anyway, but i felt rushed, and nervous, and halfway through pondered why even did I bother...those few hours are simply filled with the excitement you are "free" yet the anxiety you could get cauught, mixed with rushing to finish cause you are too busy starring at a clock....today was not fun...so I showered and went back to bed..

One thing that helped having extended time to be Anna was being more careful with makeup. I didn't have to rush putting it on and then worrying if I missed taking it all off.

Good point about the fashion show. The first time I had a few days to myself I changed clothes about every hour trying on different combinations.

I do feel different when I know i will not have any interruptions. I don't get many visitors anyway, but when It is late at night I feel more relaxed because no one would ever call around after midnight. So I can just be. It is a sort of freedom really. During the day I do feel too scared to dress so it is always at night, but sometimes I do sleep in stockings, panties and cami. I know that as time goes by you feel more confident but it is always night time for me. the later the better.

Lucy Lou, xoxoxo

Platinum Member

Pace Yourself.

Hi Marsha, The thing that you have to watch is you don't get burnt out the first couple of days, Pace yourself.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!