Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I stood there and owned it

The way I see it is it's all about self confidence and self acceptance. You have the power to set the tone for how others treat you. You felt that power that day and it felt good. Well done!!! Remember that feeling of confidence everytime you might falter.

Although it wasn't as obvious as trying on a dress, I've often seen those looks while getting makeovers. My favorite was when I was living/working in D.C., and an old guy was so preoccupied with staring/glaring at me that he ran into a display in the aisle and knocked a mannequin over.

So who was making the real scene there? ;-)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The main thing is act like its nothing and it will be a non issue to 99% of the public.

Good for you. That is one step farther than I have ever gone. The closest I have come to what you did is walking past women in the hallway of a lingerie boutique in drab, where the only reason you would be in that hallway is you are on your way to one of the change cubicles for a bra fitting. While with mine people who saw me knew I must be crossdressing but didn't see it happen, with your situation it takes that much more courage to be in plain sight crossdressed like you were.

That's awesome!