Thread: told my brother

Wink told my brother

Of course I start out hee hawin around about our parents' anniversary coming up being the big 50. And blah blah. And he can tell I want to tell him something. So I finally blurt out "I'm kinda sorta umm transgender.. like you know I wear womens clothes"

He is like totally unphased. And proceeds to tell me he remembers me as a little child wanting pink dresses and my parents explaining that my sister wears those and that as a boy I cant wear them.

Now, a while back our sister went nuts and disowned us all.. my parents took it hard, like they were bad parents. So I tell my brother I am not sure if I can tell them. He says he dont think they will freak out. But I'm still nervous. I say " what can I say to the ' Hey Mom and Dad, you may have lost your daughter, but hey now you can trade one of your sons for a new one!'" We laugh, agree I need to work on my delivery. Now my sister-in-law wants to help me out with some clothes. Says she has a bunch in my size..
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.

Just be careful.

He may want to borrow your dresses.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Gone to live my life
    Hey Jamie,

I am always glad to hear when an "outing" to a family member goes well. So are you planning on telling your parents?

Hugs

Isha

Cool, Jamie...

Your bro is one cool guy!

Well done you - but I think you're right about working on the message and delivery to parents...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I'm thinking about it. But. Uggg. Sometimes I think Id rather die. I dunno. Just feeling down now I was feeling good after the talk with my bro. Then my wife saw a pic I posted on Facebook I am attaching it. She called it man woman and it. Ouch. .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Jamie,

Great that your brother took it in his stride, a brave move but sometimes just getting it said is the best method. Parents can be another thing but that is something only you can decide. Do they need to know or is it that you would prefer them to know? Always a calculated risk without a clear cut outcome unfortunately.

I'm out to my wife and sons, but would never tell any of my siblings. I know it would not go well and my parents, no longer with us, had a very uninformed attitude to anything outside of their normal. Good luck on whatever you decide though.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

If it went well with your brother(and apparently your sister in law), take a breath and think about whether to bring it up to your parents or others. One step at a time, and everyone is different, requiring a different approach. Great to hear that the first big step went so smoothly.

It seems that he already had suspicions that you were transgender from what you have posted and that is why is he is un-phased. I am just glad it went so well. If I was you and was planning on telling my parents,I would tell my mother first. If she is accepting then the two of you can tell your dad. I'm glad you brother was so accepting and his wife is too. Seems you have an open minded family.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jamie, Be careful what you wish for , Having just had our 50th I'm guessing that
    your parents are in their 70s' like me it's possible that it may not go well at least wait till after their 50th.
    if you are going to break it to them. Good luck.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Jamie,
    Take up your sister in law's offer and then progress to your mum and dad.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.