Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do if confronted in public

Platinum Member
    You have the right idea. But really, the odds are so small as long as you stay out of clearly inhospitable terrain. In four years I've never had one confrontational moment.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree. The best approach is to avoid places where such confrontations are likely to occur. These are pretty much the same places that reasonable GGs also avoid. No biker or sports bars on the bad side of the tracks for this lady!

In the unlikely situation of being confronted with someone asking "Are you a man?" in a more civilized locale, I would simply respond "No." I am the gender that I am presenting and it is no business of theirs how my flesh is arranged under my clothes.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

Be a Lady and Walk away

I agree with Jorja's post, #4, and I would just Smile and keep on going, leave the area to a more public place if needed.

I've had polite conversations over the years with different persons like a older lady said... "Am I Scottish?" I smiled and replied... "No." Another time a lady said... "I like how you put your outfit together." I smiled and replied... "Thanks."

There have been others that were polite and I knew were reasonable persons that did not have an agenda or were simply trying to get a rise out of me or provoke something.

Verbal Confrontation is just Not Worth It. They probably have an agenda and a very closed mind. Keep your dignity, be calm and reserved, and Be a Lady no mater how you feel about them. Walk away.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.