Thread: "I'll deliver your pizza Rachael"

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar

"I'll deliver your pizza Rachael"

I want to relate my experience Friday night while out with two girls from here, AllieSF & Suzanne F and Suzannes' wife.
    We went to a lower Pacific Heights neighborhood bar to listed to a friend sing and once at the bar we decided we were hungry, but the bar did not serve food, but there was a pizza place a few doors down, so I grabbed my purse, no coat, just as pictured.
    The restaurant was busy with people waiting for tables as well as in line to order take out. I got in the take out line and had a great conversation with the girl in front of me and her BF and not a double take or question about "why".
    When it was my turn to order the girl taking orders said she'd be right with me (she could not multi-task) and eventually, the owner got behind the counter, took my order, asked my name and also asked if I was at the bar a few doors down. I replied yes and he said he would deliver the pizza. I paid for the pizza and put a few $'s in the tip jar, at which point the girl that asked me to wait, said thank you very much Rachael.
    There was post earlier about being out and normality and it is true. Just be yourself, initiate conversation and you'll have a great time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

And the pizza was not bad at all. Thanks Rachael. Oh, she actually did wear that outfit but the wine glass was firmly planted at our bar table while she went to order.

This talking to whoever is next to you while waiting in line is an excellent way to meet new people and enjoy that brief moment of interaction. If one shows enough interest in the other and totally ignores who and what they are at that moment it is really surprising where the conversation can go. That happened to me yesterday afternoon when I went to one of our favorite drink and eat areas in San Francisco, The Mission District, after I attended a vintage clothing exposition, which was like a well organized indoor upscale themed flea market with some very nice things. I went alone to a recently opened second location of one of our favorite tapas restaurants where in the past we have had with many great adventures. I met a woman waiting for a table just as I was. The conversation started with who was first to get the next available table or counter chair, to "Wow, we are both from the Detroit, Michigan area", to sharing a table and taking well over 2 1/2 hours to eat. Great margaritas, food and conversation, all resulting from a simple "waiting in line" conversation. It works with little effort.

Sounds like a fun night out.
    I also find people are really cool about us when we interact, even after the double take
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Man, I missed another normal night out!

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachael, That was a great story.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

But Rachael,
    You look great already.

I do agree with your sentiments though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Rachael I SO agree!
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Hah! I wish I lived closer to the city. I think we'd all be BFFs or something. I have to admit that I'm not the type to initiate conversations with random people, but will definitely engage if they do so with me. I'll have to plan on spending time with you all some time!