Thread: Best laid plans

Best laid plans

While I have been out in the day it usually is to somewhere like a quiet beauty spot or beach, places where there are likely to be few people. Having the opportunity to spend some extended time dressed last week I was determined to go out somewhere more public and in daylight.
    I'd taken walks in the evenings along a seafront promenade when there are just a few folks around so I opted to go there in the daytime as it would be far busier and a test for my confidence.
    Parking up the sign said, "Pay and Display", the nearest meter being just the other side of the road. So this chicken crossed the road to pay only to find it was seasonal and I didn't need to. I should add that the wind was blowing hard and my wig was trying to whip the skin off my face so turning to face into the wind I regained some control, looked to see if it was safe to cross back and what was there, a police car of course, which just sailed on by.
    As I crossed back the wind took my glasses off and sent them tumbling down the road with me scurrying after them but having to leave them as a car was coming the other way which meant I got to the pavement just as a young GG appeared, as if on cue, to empathise with me over their loss and to then read me and give a slight smile. The glasses survived and were retrieved.
    So I made it onto the promenade, sat and eat my sandwich, fed the gulls and then strolled for a while in the sunshine all the while hoping it was only my glasses that got blown off and not my wig. As it's said so often here, small steps.
    I went out to other locations several more times during the following days. I know I got read some of the time. Other times folks are just too busy to take much notice of the others around them and I just got on with my stroll.
    I still feel more comfortable having the cover of darkness to help with anonymity but I'll try to move those boundaries the next opportunity Helen gets for some extended time dressed.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 03-23-2014 at 05:38 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Silver Member
    Mother Nature seems to have been against you on that outing Helen, and that is how weather changes in a moment. Glad to read you, your glasses, and wig survived! Keep your courage and confidence up, and try going out again on a calmer day or somewhere it's not too windy. Enjoy.

However hard, those first steps when successful or almost so are great confidence builders sometimes exposing us to some things that we wanted to experience much later. However, in the end, most of those unexpected exposures and incidents only help us to be more confident. Congratulations and I am glad that your glasses, wig and you survived. Thanks for sharing.

CD 101: never go out in a storm or a good breeze with a wig (try a coffee shop etc).
    Sounds like an interesting day, don't worry about people reading you, just smile and be polite.
    Hopefully next outing will be even more interesting
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Platinum Member
    Hi Helen, It sounds like you weathered the storm ok.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Helen,
    Summer is coming the days are getting longer and the darkness is disappearing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

In fact this was one of the less breezy days of the week. Next day I went for a walk along a lovely beach with the wind whistling across the sands but in beautiful sunshine and thank goodness for scarfs tied around the head. A bit old fashioned I know but I'm of that age.

I think given just how rare these opportunities to dress now are for me I think I would have gone out in a hurricane. I also look upon it as doing what the GG's do. It's part and parcel of their daily lives so experiencing times like these sort of "goes with the turf".
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed