Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Hair Arouse Suspicion in GGs?

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Long hair by itself I don't think would arouse suspicion in the average person that you CD. Many persons had Long Hair for many different reason when I was growing up and I believe the same can be said today. Some it's part of their culture and they do so to honor their past ancestors. Or they do it to be a non-conformist. Etc...

Personally... now that I'm older... I just don't care what other people think. Being myself is more important and life's to short to worry about such things. I would rather find a woman that likes me for being who I am, a gender non-conforming CDer.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    ... And a musician, too. No wonder I have long hair.
    Forgot about musicians. I guess we can add artists to the list too. Well, creative people generally. And mad scientists?

See? There are lots of guys who wear long hair without being CDers.

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011...92-s40-c85.jpg
    Reine

Banned Read only
    and how do you know Albert wasn't cross dresser? ;-)

Not just mad scientists, Reine, all scientists! In fact there is a gender-unrestricted "Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists" that is a sponsored by the scientific journal "Annals of Improbable Research."

Scroll down for the galleries:

http://www.improbable.com/hair/
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I used to have shoulder length or longer back in the 70's (a little bit of hippie and rocker style) but nowadays, I'm one of those who is follicularly challenged! I'd give anything to have real long hair again.

Aspiring Member
    Before I knew about my H, I'd NEVER have connected long hair on a man with crossdressing. Not once. Hippy, musician, maybe just a guy who likes long hair (think Fabio and his flowing blonde locks) But crossdressing never occurred to me.

Now, I immediately think: 'there's a crossdresser'. Yet, poor guy is probably just a guitar playing hippy who likes long hair!

Do you see what you all did?!!

I grew up in the long haired seventies but tragically I had curly hair so while all those around me had long straight hair, mine went out like an afro or a perm. When I first went to a CD group many of the others had beautiful long hair which they would brush into a feminine style for the evening. I was really jealous of them. It's still the same. I let it grow a bit recently and when I blow dried it. I actually looked like my Mother. But it's no use to me CDing.

As for women being suspicious. Well unless there are other markers like cultured eyebrows. No one will notice. I don't know about the US but here long hair is as common as short. It's almost a class thing. Middle class children often have long hair which they keep as students and adults. But long or short no one pays any attention.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Being as I had my long hair...and had my own little special reasons for it...

I always looked at others with long hair and did wonder. For my whole life,
    I'd wonder. But I never once saw any clue that anyone was like me. That's out
    of many-many over many years.

There had to be some, but I guess those CDers are pretty good at keeping
    a low profile....(heehee!)

No...probably not. There are a lot of guys with long hair. I think the fem part would only come in to it if it was also styled. The trend for long hair on guys is to leave it messy or gel it back. I tried long hair with feminine bangs, even colored it and nobody noticed, the only time was one day it was windy and my hair was all over the place and this little kid who was confused asked his mom if I was a man or woman... my short answer...I don't think the length matters, its what you do with it.
    Chickie

Long hair by itself, no. If he has layers or some other fem hair style the thought might cross my mind, but that might be because I am married to a cross dresser? I don't know. When I was in school a handful of guys had longish hair, mostly skater/scene guys (like my husband was) but the "he's a cross dresser" thought never crossed my mind with any of them.
    11/15/12 ride or die

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    and how do you know Albert wasn't cross dresser? ;-)
    Actually, he probably was! Google photos of him wearing high heels at the beach etc. funny how he even makes this look smart
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 03-25-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Brenda, as a guy with hair halfway down his back, all I've ever heard from GG's were compliments.

My hair is uncut as a statement... non-conformist and anti-authority. I'd keep it long whether or not I cross dressed. However, I generally keep it in a low pony tail unless I'm in femme mode, in which case it's slightly off-center parted and free-flowing.

In general, unless a guy has coloring, highlighted, or feminine-styled hair, I don't think there's a suspicion that he's possibly a cross dresser.

i have had long hair for years and at the bottom it turns into ringlets.i have many compliments but have also been told to cut it by many also .But to answer the question i have never been asked if i was a CDer
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

My hair brushes my collarbone these days, and I really don't give a at's rass what people think.
    If people suspect that I have a transgender side, so be it. I live no lies.

Gold Member
    I think by virtue of being exposed to crossdressing, we tend to call someone one of our kind when the run of the mill person wouldn't even have a passing thought about it. I have had long hair in a very professional environment for 6-7 years now. Not one comment other than being a hippie or mid-life crisis. Now that I am out to my brother, his comment was "And I thought you were just being a hipster".

I grew mine out because I like to rock and roll and also to see how many reactions it would get from people about my change from short hair all my life. Been growing it out almost 4 years now. I've only had compliments from girls as well about my long hair. The only negatives I have gotten where from my mom who questioned if I was growing it out because I wanted to be a girl...she has her reasons...and my gf when it gets too long (i dont like it too long as it is so much of a hassle, once it gets to my shoulders i usually chop it off down to 6" or so.) She likes it about that length. Long hair don't care, rock on Brenda.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Hi Geniegirl, that your natural hair in your pic? Looks good! You rock on, too!

Aspiring Member
    I think in this day & age long hair alone wouldn't arouse suspicion. Maybe a feminine style, cut & colour could though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
    I think in this day & age long hair alone wouldn't arouse suspicion. Maybe a feminine style, cut & colour could though.
    Suspicion of being affeminate / gay for those over 30, in reference to the feminine style, cut and colour you mention. For those under 30 no suspicion of anything really. People has no idea about anything TG seriously.

I have to second Kate -- be glad you still have it! And I wouldn't worry about anyone suspecting a "feminine component" -- my experience is that when GG's do, they are very supportive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    My friends (who really know me) constantly say I'm not fooling anyone - if I think I have a boy side left. With long hair, long nails, plucked eyebrows and no beard shadow, I think the only one I am fooling is myself. lol

I used to have shoulder length hair when I was in my 20's. I got ma'amed a lot even wit copious facial hair. Now I'm bald as an egg. Sigh!

Well, I grew up in an era when most boys had long hair. So even though I took real good care of it, so much so that my hair was in better conditon than most of the girls in my class (I had really good hair when I was a teen), I don't think anyone suspected anything. I kept that long, beautiful hair until I was what, 26? I never heard any words about it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I had long hair when I was 9-12 yrs old. Since I had no facial hair, higher pitched voice and skinny as a rail, everyone thought I was a girl. I last had long hair for 18 months 5 yrs ago. My stylist went on maternity leave a month ago and the substitute stylist asked me out of the blue if I wear my hair long. She said my hair is thick. She was encouraging me to grow it out again. So long hair is not an obvious one. It would have to be a combo of factors. I'm hairless all the time so that's more of a give away...especially when summertime comes and you're wearing shorts.

GG & proud SO to a CD :)
    GG here...I have always been attracted to men with long hair. Take that with a grain of salt, however...I am also very much into the rock scene, tattoos, etc., which could definitely contribute to my hair preferences