Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: She said I am living in the seventies!

Love the 70s if you can pull it off and enjoy yourself in the process why not!?

That just highlights the difference between a woman and a cross dresser. A cross dresser can dress how he likes, a woman dresses how she is told. That also means a cross dresser has a greater choice in clothing.

I have known cd's who would dress in 1920's style and some even in the gay nineties style..It was fun for them and it worked I certainly understand he slip thing I don't wear them much but Iuse to and still like them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Being a child of the 1950's & 60's gave me my basic since of clothing that is feminine. Even thought fashion has changed a lot since those times my feminine side still likes, even craves, some basic pieces of feminine clothing, skirts mainly. Without them I'm in uncharted territory. I risk not feeling feminine which is a problem for me.

But a full slip is one of those basic pieces for me. In the summer I have experimented not wearing one for comfort reasons. I'll change to cotton under top and a half slip for some skirts. But I have noticed the half slip some times slips down, like my skirt. So that can be a problem and needs to be monitored. But in cooler weather it feels warmer and I like the feel of a full slip. No slipping down, your clothes stay cleaner and of course it protects modesty.

A lot of skirts, and dresses, today are shorter than I like. I prefer a midi length, just below the knee. A slips length was supposed to be 2-3 inches higher then the dress or skirt that was worn. My memory of slip rules was they would never be seen, at least in the past. It was like a second skirt to protect your modesty in case the wind blew up your skirt so we never see what we should not see. So the slip peaking out would be a very rare event and not a common event. Intentionally flashing a slip is generally not a good idea as it can send the wrong signal and cause unwanted attention.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

I'm a girl and I dress how I please. People should dress how they want, screw what fashion is 'in' or 'out'. Sometimes I like dressing in ways that make my family snicker. I have more than a few polka dotted dreses and rockabilly stuff, and my men's fashion tends to be semi-formal and 1960s. I adore the 70s and style my fashion a lot from it.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea...wear what makes you happy.....

I'm another one that loves slips and have a huge slip collection. I always wear a slip with a dress. So I must live in the 70's also.

While I was born during the Kennedy administration, my choice in clothes is most definitely from the 50s. My fiancee turns on I Love Lucy several mornings a week and the clothes Lucy wears are exactly what I'd prefer wear. As to slips, it was the first piece of fem clothing my fiancee saw me in, and I love them. She does not wear them normally, but I have only seen her in pants on a few occasions in 8 years..

The decades came and went and each had it's own fashion statement, I to adore the dresses from the fifties like Lucy and Ms. Clever, then I have the same for the sixties that with the Helen Crump and on the other side Mod styles coming in back then. But the 70's is when I started CDing and the sexy styles were unlike any other. The 80's were great with the shoulder pads and big Hair carrying over to the nineties with more of a refined style and better fabrics. And then the Y2K's I think was just a blend of the 70's and 90's that so far hasn't changed. I would prefer to live(dress) in the 70's and have made that my dominate style factor but I do enjoy all of them. I would luv to have access to real clothes from the 40' to try, the WW2 styles were so feminine and proper even with the hardships of the times. All the lingerie from each decade is great and sensuous it is a shame that so much is being skipped or omitted now. The more silk and satin the better, nylon is great to!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I love to wear slips, skirts and pantihose! I feel more feminine in a skirt or dress and maybe some GG's will be inspired by us girls to look more feminine and enjoy it!

Pantyhose are actually making a comeback. Thanks in large part to Kate Middleton. I wear them because I have bony/skinny legs with muscles and veins sticking out and they enhance my appearance. If I was a real girl with smooth, undefined legs I wouldn't think they were necessary, and might not wear them. It's as simple as that, and has nothing to do with pre-programmed concepts about what is feminine. I prefer thigh highs, because they are more comfortable, but some dresses and skirts are too short to make them an option.

I love pantyhose and wear them every day. If you like them, wear them.

When I started buying my own clothes, one of the first things I bought was a a slip. This is because when I was in high school my mother caught me with one of her slips. I can still hear her yelling "What are you doing with my slip?" Now, whenever I put on a slip I think to myself "Not your slip, mother. My slip. "

If you like slips, wear them. Proudly.

Banned Read only
    I have over 400 slips! Need I say more? My first venture in cross dressing involved slips back in the 1950's.

Banned Read only
    Over 400 slips? I am convinced, something slipped.

I have a few slips (half and full) for skirts and dresses that benefit from them, and because they feel nice.

I don't care much if what I like is out of fashion. Fashion is for those too uncreative to have their own style.

Hi,

Georgina,

Im a woman and i dont / wont be told what i can and not wear,

ill style my own clothes and make them to suit myself , i do for our groups any way, most dresser's i see / know of are pretty much in girls clothes and short skirts if not shorter = mini skirts, whats with that, my many women friends are very mature and dress quite lovely and in dress's and skirts,
    i have long skirts i wear most of the time, i like them they suit my body shape and size and i can turn around and wear shorts and still look nice, and i think youll find none of us are told what to wear, if we were we'd soon tell them where to go.

...noeleena...

I was a young teen and did all my, at the time, very passable dressing in the very early 70's with an older female cousin who found out about my tendencies. Her makeup skills on my younger face were that of an artist.

And, oh how I loved wearing her Marcia Brady style dresses with STW pantyhose. The skirts and dresses back then were all mini length and dying to be worn with pantyhose. It was a fun time to be able to dress. I was very lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Over 400 slips? I am convinced, something slipped.
    Mee too! And liners... I dress as a 60s-80s biguine, so slips are a must, being covered from neck to below the kneee is a must (winter or summer) and those classic gabardina pleated skirts... Could you imagine it without a slip?

Remember -- Fashion trends seem to have cycles. Something popular 30 years ago may resurface five years from now. Perhaps, not in 100 per cent form, but in some form
    As for PH and slips, there is a reason for these items which many women have forgotten about, but as they get older, they are realizing why their mothers and grandmothers (fathers and grandfathers, too?) wore them. We're just on the leading edge of this.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    It is said women dress for other women, if it is so then cross dressers dress for.....?

The only slips my wife and I find in the laundry hamper belong to me.

That's what I love about CD-ing, you wear what you want to wear! And no period is off-limits as far as I'm concerned!

I for one, love the power-look of the 80's.. but also the feminine medieval look!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Avatar is Michael Steele hollybunches's Avatar
    In the North - Lots of planets have a North
    yeah its a shame slips went out of fashion, its like wearing 2 skirts at once. lined skirts are the same and are really nice too.

Well, I'm living in the '30s, so there's no hope for me whatsoever.

quite a few rock bands of the 70,s 80,s dressed more fem than masculine..more make up and bigger hair..
    i was a fan of sci fi..loved watching penny and judy in lost in space when they re vamped the uniforms to little dresses with pantyhose and boots..star trek..land of the giants..buck rogers..all the girls wore a tiny dress with hose and boots..oh i miss 70,s style

Oh Yes! They'll steal the heart right out of ya, won't they? I still love 'em, though.
    But, don't let 'em get you down. Like many others have said here, "You can be anyone, anywhere, at any time you want.
    We all have our favorite things and just think how Lucky we ALL are to be able to truly Experience and Live our feelings.