Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vintage Fashions/Petticoats

Sometimes , I don't feel properly dressed without a slip / petticoat . I often sleep in a full length one .

They are so lovely , I can't understand why todays women have abandoned them , they are pretty , feminine and sexy , which is more than can be said for a pair of horrible black pants , that seem to be worn so much these days .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Theres No Point In Living , If You Can't Feel Alive

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia View Post
    Really, just the rubbery smell of a Playtex 18hour girdle! Remember that?
    Hi Ophelia, That sure brings back some wonderful memories.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Hi Adrienner, Those fashions of the 50s' & the 60s' were so lovely I would love to have some petticoats and wide skirts.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There was a short lived fashion in the seventies when mini skirts went out and maxi skirts came back for a false petticoat to be visible just below the skirt. I had one at the time and I loved it. Add that to impossibly high and blocky shoes and the effect was great. It didn't last though and girls went over to trousers and jeans. In the eighties there was a move back into tighter and shorter skirts reminiscent of the sixties. In fact I remember my first night meeting other CDs at a support group. I borrowed my youngers sisters dog tooth patter suit, complete with tight skirt just below the knee and an angora style polo neck top. The effect was gorgeous.

To be fair the eighties were pretty frilly, another golden era for CDs.

I was an extra in a TV series set in the sixties once, the early sixties in England. The fashions were nice but a little dull. It wasn't until the mini skirt and flower power kicked in did things improve. I love the beehive hairdos though and I'm sure most of you CDs love the idea of stockings and suspenders. Unfortunately the mini skirt brought the demise of 'nylons', panti hose became the norm. In fact my Father worked in a hosiery factory at the time. There was always a good selection around the house. Some of which I acquired.
    Last edited by mariehart; 06-10-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrienner99 View Post
    I really enjoy looking at vintage fashions from the late 50s and early 60s, and from many high fashion houses of the day I 've seen old photos of models wearing wide skirts and petticoats. I just wonder if any of our members has ever seen a GG actually wear a petticoat.

My mother owned one, which I wore when I raided her closet (it was divine) but even she never wore it. I don't see them now anywhere but on sissy maids (adorable) but gosh what I wouldn't give to see them come back. They made such a lovely rustle....
    They ARE in fashion in some circles. Just check out http://www.pettipond.com a dear friend's website. Look to the updates.
    Cordially,
    Crinolyn