Thread: tearing hose

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar

tearing hose

here i am dressed all dressed up and im looking at my old, runned, and ripped hosiery. i put one on and decide to make holes and tears for that trashed look. it just doesn't feel right intentionally ripping them, it didnt look right either afterwards. its hard to part with hosiery even if you've outgrown them or they're ripped, this was just an experiment and i didnt turn out so good.

Have tried many different looks over the years. There were some real duds but never deliberately trashed a pair of hose. Seem able to do it naturally.

I very seldom rip or tear my hosiery. Last pair that I got an unintentional hole in was right before Halloween. They cost too much to just rip and tear and should be considered a sin to do so lol If I were 16, I guess I may try it for the grunge look but thank god I am not
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

When I have ripped hose and someone asks me what happened. I just say it is a long story but you should see the other gal.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Runs in hose is such a downer, it actually upsets me very much. Oh well I can always buy new hose which is a great remedy.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    It used to annoy me too. But then I found a dollar store selling legg's for a dollar a pair. Buy a few at time knowing they'll get torn or snagged on something. Again it's so crazy being a woman, everything is so delicate and way overpriced and on average they earn less than a man.

True natalie, but being dressed enfemme is such a trill and IMO worth the price and frustration.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Oh I agree totally just sayin' it's got to tough to do it 24/7.

My going 24/7, about ten years ago, has boosted my life in all aspects. Hugs & Best Wishes !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I don't run a pair of hose too often anymore, touch wood lol. But I do hate it and it all depends on where the run or hle is as to weather they are selvageable or not as I just cannot permit myself to be in a pair that doesn't look presentable.

To get the ripped and torn look right use a crochet hook and pull it out in a two or three places only.
    Any more will appear ridiculous.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't care for hoses that are torn although I never gave it a thought about the trashy look…thank you for sharing..

I find my pantyhose rip a tear on their own enough to do it myself :P

Well, if you're going for a grunge look, just wear a pair long enough and they'll get there on their own, and the look will be "right"