Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do you said you have to much?

When do you said you have to much?

I got out all my things today. I was wanting to buy a new bra I had saw and was thinking of going out and getting it. While today I counted 24 bras that I had and more panties that I could count.

I was thinking when is enough things enough? Do you need a new bra or panties or maybe that skirt or dress?

My stash is getting bigger and hard to hide from the wife. But I love shopping and buying things.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Gone to live my life
    Hi Glenda,

Never been a big clothes guy or gal. I have three bras (pink, ivory and black) and 7 pairs of panties (one for each day if required) all cotton (various colours) prefer the comfort. I own two pairs of girl jeans, several tops, three dresses and one skirt. Of course my wife and I share our shoes and tops so I do have an increase. Never felt a need to go beyond that. I love to go shopping but I like the experience of just being and trying things on.

Hugs

Isha

Gold Member
    Sounds like you need a room addition; Have Hammer, Will travel.
    Rader

Have compound mitre saw, can join you.

Silver Member
    When you buy more than you need. The question is, How much do you need?

Just when you think you own ALL the too cute panties here comes another new lineup and a 50% off sale -- and I'm too weak to fight the fog.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Well I do not have that many bras, for me that would be too much. Now panties, I have a bunch, but I do wear them. And I think that is the indicator, do you wear what you have and also, is it excessive for your financial level? I have a bunch of clothes, both male and female, but overall it is a relatively small portion of my budget. As well as I enjoy shopping, so I do buy quite a few clothes, but I also refine my wardrobe and weed out items I no longer wear.

Oh, when shopping, I see a deal, and think oh what the heck, and what, like I need another black skirt; but at this price....

Jamie

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    when is enough??? what are we talking about ??? clothing or wine?? if its clothes....out with the old...if its wine....

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar

Need?

I don't think it is a need for me, more a want! I have a weakness for pencil skirts, just can't resist if they are on sale.
    Lynn

I too have a weakness for pencil skirts. I could live in them! A prettier or sexier one always comes along. So there will never be enough. That's what makes shopping so interesting.

I think "I have enough" all the time, with everything, but I'll see something I like and into the collection it goes as for bras and panties, I have a drawer full and seldom buy new ones....now heels, that's a different story lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Enough is enough when I can't fit anymore in.
    I do a regular cull and then carry on ad infinitum.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I see something new and different style I want it so I go out and buy it. I have been cutting back. And I am building a addition in the basement for things.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

My problem with girl stuff is the same as with guy stuff; because of my size, when I find something that really fits well, I buy several more of the same thing. And it's not uncommon to order one of an item as soon as I get the catalog, find out it fits, then immediately go back to buy another and they're already out of stock and not making any more. So when I DO find something nice, I have several, often keep them in the unopened bags until I need them. I have a large box of this stuff, and I do mean large: about two feet by four feet by three feet high, all duplicates of things I wear a lot so when it wears out, tears, or the elastic finally gives up, I have a replacement.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Our Clothing Collection...

For myself... I long ago noticed that women tend to have more clothes that men do. Women tend to have a lot more variety in clothing than just a few styles. Color and pattern coordination are an important element in feminine clothes. So you need more variety to pull this off.

But there does reach a point when space to keep all my clothes in good condition or finances to purchase these items hits a wall. Something has to give. Is this a need, a hobby, an addiction or maybe hoarding? How often do you wear that piece of clothing? Does it still fit? Is it worn out and ready for the rag pile?

Yes... I do have that voice in my subconscious telling me to buy feminine clothes. It is an addiction of sorts. So I have to remind my female side to ease up. You do have plenty of many items. But we need to be selective... and we need to work together on this.

These are the questions and issues I try to honestly ask myself. And Spring is an great time of the year to go though my... I mean our collection... Debbie and Steve's... and decide...

Keep... Donate... Turn in Rags... or Throw Away.
    Last edited by sanderlay; 03-30-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Deleted repeated word - voice
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

a girl can NEVER have too many high heels!

The problem is just that... the last one I buy is always the one I like more to wear - or at least the next one will be so!
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

In the past year my wardrobe has grown amazingly. We have pretty much decided we have enough dresses. The whole matching thing is starting to spill over to our daily lives so we are doing more shopping for every day kind of things. I probably have more shoes right now than I have had in my whole life combined. Even still we need a pair of green heels for the green dress, I need a pair of blue and white striped wedges to match Julie's for our newest dress. I need a pair of boots with heels lol

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

This may sound a bit weird but I felt I was buying too much as well and then I found Pinterest. When I have the incredible urge to go shopping I go on Pinterest and "shop". I fill my "closet" to my hearts content. Its not a perfect cure but it does keep me from spending money.

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    If any of you find the answer to this, PLEASE let me know. I have often wondered this myself to no avail. I think that it is the seemingly endless variety in female clothing. When I'm at the store and see a polka dot dress that's really nice, on clearance, and in my size I think Hmmm, that's sweet! But I have 4 polka dot dresses already. But this one has some cute ruffles that those don't have and it'll go with those new shoes I got the other day! This is just an example. There are countless other reasons why I would think I need a new version of something I already have. Could be an upgrade in brands, such as having a Danskin jacket, but finding a killer deal on a North Face jacket that looks basically the same. Or maybe the length of a skirt, the size of the stripes, the amount of embroidery, the style of the collar, lace trim, etc, etc, etcetera.
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    I feel your pain! ... ? Usually, I'm fairly utilitarian... in guy mode... not a whole lot of clothes, is what I'm getting at. It's a sort of "fight club" minimalism. BUT as Wednesday.... I collect shoes. Cute, adorable, chunky, make-my-feet-look-smaller shoes. It's kinda crazy.
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 05-01-2014 at 08:31 AM.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

too much is never enough!

okay that isn't true I know I had (have) a bit of a problem

I have not only more bras panties etc than probably any GGal but more than most here!

help me!

You were the one that wanted to get married again... girlfriend! we warned you this could happen! but listen to us? Noooo!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    "Too much of everything is just enough for me"-------Gratefu Dead