Thread: Back-Up Clothes/Shoes

Back-Up Clothes/Shoes

There are times I have left the house en femme but always kept a duffle bag of guy stuff in the trunk and extra guy shoes under the driver's seat for that "emergency" but to date have never needed it. A couple years back I stopped keeping clothing and shoes in the car because of my confidence in my clothing choices. I will never forget the first time I left the house in heels, it was totally a fluke - a "pink fog" type of moment.

Sunday afternoon, was wearing kahki pants and a polo shirt and a cute pair of medium heeled sandals, had prepped some stuff to grill and realized I was out of propane, grabbed the tank and headed to the car, put the empty tank in the trunk and drove off to the nearest gas station. When I pulled into the parking lot my mind re-engaged and I realized I was wearing heels. Sh!t Sh!t Sh!t is all I could think. Well, there were no other cars in the parking lot and I figured I could get in and out quickly. Grapped the empty tank and attempted to do the exchange and pay via credit car at the machine, no luck, it wouldn't work. I had to enter the store and actually risk "death by being outed".

I thought about leaving but knew if somebody already saw me in heels it was already too late and the "jig was up". So, I grabbed the tank and went into the store, asked the cashier if she could do the exchange, and everything went fine, well, until we went outside so she could unlock the cage and get the filled tank for me. I told her she didn't need to go with me as I could unlock the thing and return the key, but she insisted on going with me.

So we get outside and do the tank exchange and she said "have a nice day" and as she started to walk away she looked me in the eyes and said "you've got guts, I'll give you that".

That was all she said.

I was sweating bullets and horrified and at the same time relieved it was over. There was absolutely no possibility for my pants to have been long enough to cover the heels and I know that she was talking about the shoes.

Oddly, that one event lessened my fear of being in public and got to the point of knowing if somebody says something negative it is most likely because they are lacking a pair of balls to do what makes themselves happy and they are only pulling others down to their level of misery.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

That made me smile. I think in that situation i would have just gone barefoot. Although I did go out in heels once as a guy. I knew no one would really notice outside as it was dark but a few of my friends at the bar did. A casual discussion about gender identity started spontaneously so I showed them my heels. Then as I got up and went to the bar another aquaintence exclamed "DUDE! Are you wearing heels?" and then I said yes and no one cared.

In retrospect I think it was a good move because as different friends slowely find out about my 'deviant' behaviour I feel more comfortable around them. Just that guy that likes to wear girls clothes, they can probably guess the rest...

Also as another side note I love wearing heavily ripped jeans with lace or coloured/patterned tights underneath in guy mode.

Flik - I totally agree with wearing ripped-up jeans and some sexy hosiery under, such a thrill!

When I was a dj back in the 80s/90s I would occasionally wear pantyhose or fishnets under my jeans, occasionally some girl would slide her hand inside the rip and get a thrill out of my choice in clothing. Actually had a girl buy me a pair of fishnets one time! That was a rush! She told me to put them on so she could see them. I'm not sure how much she told her girlfriends about my "fetish" but she and I dated briefly. Ahhh, the joys of youth!
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

It's great that Toni got something positive out of her experience. Of course her dilemma could have easily been remedied if she had so chosen. On the other hand, having backup boy clothes could be much more crucial in other more serious situations. Don't get me wrong, I luv no-turning-back situations, and have gone out fully dressed on a number of occasions without any boy clothes in the car. Luv that feeling of commitment as I step out the door with no backup -- whatever comes up, I know I'm going to have to deal with it as Sherri, and if I'm clubbing, a pretty sexy Sherri at that. However, if I choose to be more mature about it, which I'm inclined to do these days, I have to take into account certain realities as well as practicalities. In other words, in the world we live in, having a plan B is the wiser choice. Just not quite as much fun. ;-)