Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your natural hair color?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar

Your natural hair color?

I was just watching a YouTube video 10 Little Known Facts About Human Hair. Not much too it, but it did mention that "Blondes have more estrogen".

Now I am indeed naturally Blonde, of the shade sometimes called "Dirty Blonde", which is a shade that can appear brown in the interior, and which is fairly easily sun-bleached into lighter colors. Is this related to my transnessness ? Who knows?

What is (was) your natural hair color, and how strong would you rate your CD/TG/TS identity?

Aspiring Member
    My hair color was darkish brown.

Now it is flesh colored.

With fair skin and blue eyes I usually use a blonde wig. Also like red lips as well.
    Last edited by Martha G; 03-30-2014 at 05:13 PM.

I have almost a rainbow of colors from stark white to deep auburn it flows all the way down to the middle of my back.

Not sure how to rate my CD/TG/TS identity? TS mainly.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

That is something only my hair dresser knows for sure SL and she ain't talkin'.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Black! With some whitish...
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    I'm a dark blond / light brunette. I'm about 3.5 inches, 8.9 cm, below the top of my shoulders. On top is my problem because I suffer with male pater baldness. Currently I can comb back the hair to cover the issue. But in about 5 years I may loose that ability. Wigs and hats are what I'm considering. But it must be comfortable and full time use.

I've accepted who I am and I'm full time with my dressing. I'm not planing on HRT but I always leave the door open. Never say never. So I guess I'm CD / TG.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Can't help but feel a bit... lets say surprised... at this thread.

How can hair colour be related to transness in any way, when transness is all over the planet? From people with very dark skin and hair complexion to extremely pale skin and hair complexion.

Am I missing something here?

My hair is as black as the night! And I think of myself as a person who is as CD/TG as possibly can be.. so how this does all work??

I noticed the video didn't have any references to scientific studies.. does anyone have anything solid?
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    My natural hair color as a child was a sandy brown color. As I got older it got a bit darker and my tg tendencies got a bit stronger. Not sure if science has anything to do with it or just the way I am.
    Erica

I'm lucky in as much as my hair is very long, so I don't need to wear a wig any more

When I was born, my hair was very blonde - almost peroxide blonde. As I grew older, it got darker, so now it is best descibed as 'mud' colour!!! Sadly, I am also showing signs of greyness

Anyway, this is my true hair colour
    Attached Images Attached Images
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Hmm....interesting. As a kid it was a dirty blonde/light brown, as I got older it became a darker brown.

My hair was always dirty blonde/light brown as well, then I got married and had kids,
    now it is mostly gray or so it looks when I see the trimmings after a hair cut,
    Looking in the mirror I still see light brown, But that may just be a problem with the mirror or my eyes.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

As a youngster my hair was blonde, it grew darker as I aged, now its snow white. Ebfemme I wear wigs.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My hair is as black as the night! And I think of myself as a person who is as CD/TG as possibly can be.. so how this does all work?
    Of course, basically what I was saying. My hair is dark too. This doesn't make sense.

Was dark brown as a kid. Now (at 74) is getting lighter, because the gray is starting to infiltrate. It's long enough to curl under, but short enough to comb back, in male mode. Consider myself a CD, no desire, at this point, to make any alterations.

Brown and getting very thin, it wouldn't rate at all with my Cd identity, thank goodness for wigs!
    Desiree

Mine was always blonde... dunno if it was considered dark enough to be a "dirty" blonde. Beard was darker with some red.
    What it means to my CDing/younger 'sensitivity' I dunno.

Now probably some gray (with receding hairline I keep it all shaved off anymore)-I know beard has some grey..
    Funny though... when I got my first regular style wig for CDing, I got a blonde matching what it would have been when I had good hair.
    Mom said "that color doesn't look good on you" when she saw it.... go figure
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandra, Maybe that explains why I dye my gray hair blonde.
    Maybe I have too much Estrogen.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Born with light golden brown. Quickly turned black. Flesh toned now, lol. As such, I gravitate toward wigs that are closest to what my hair was. On that scale you mentioned... I seem to float. Basically, I consider myself to be part of the TG community as a whole.
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 04-27-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

My hair is actually walnut brown and kind of straight. It is shoulder length, but but kind of feathery. My present hair style looks like politician Michele Bachmann, who I hate. I'm about ready to do something different like layering or hilights.

IN my youth, my hair was very light blonde. During the Summer, it got even lighter - to the extent that when I returned to school in the Fall, I was often accused of having bleached it. As I aged, it got darker, and is now mostly what I would call "dirty blonde" - well - except for the grey, that is. I am always surprised at how grey it has gotten in the past ten years. The color rendition in this picture is pretty accurate. That photo was taken two years ago, when I went to my hair dresser to have him deal with the split ends and color my eyebrows, which had gone very grey. HE was funny, though, and talked me into having some highlights done in my hair, to reduce some of the greying. (If anyone is in the Baltimore, Maryland area, and wants his name, send me a PM - he is top notch.)
    Last edited by DorothyElizabeth; 03-30-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Gone to live my life
    When my hair grows out it is dark brown bordering black. However these days it is a little further back on my head than it used to be.

Hugs

Isha

I was a honey blonde, this faded with time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    When I was little my hair was white then turned blonde with auburn streaks.
    A bit darker now and more a light brown with auburn highlights.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-31-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    mines shaved....one of these days I am going to take a picture with full makeup with a shaved head....i kinda like the way it looks in that Grace Jones Kinda way...